View Poll Results: Do you use a sleeve or case for your Berry?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you nuts!? I will protect this thing at all costs.

15 44.12%
  • Heck no!! This thing is too pretty for that.

19 55.88%
    I understand the concept. I usually have always had a slim fit faceplate on my previous phones, but this? This is different.....

(IMHO)

I don't want to put a sleeve or case on my Blackberry. These things are so sleek and sexy that putting a sleeve/case on one is like putting one of those ugly bras on the front of a Porsche. You may be protecting it (not always as they can cause scratches underneath) but you have now made them ugly as sin and cannot appreciate the exterior beauty that the designers have blessed us with.

So who's braving it without protection?
    09-18-09 04:05 PM
    I do not put mine in a case just slide it in my pocket and try not to drop it when it isn't in my pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 04:08 PM
    I put it in the case it came with because I'm trying to keep it nice.
    09-18-09 04:18 PM
    The only way I am using a case is if I win it for free. I had one once but it was such a pain in the *** with the battery pulls I took it off.
    09-18-09 04:20 PM
    i am NOT using a case...seems bulky on the Curve...I treat it well so no need for the added protection
    09-18-09 04:51 PM
    No case here either. Might have put one on it if there were any that weren't ugly as ****. Just use case that came with it while in my pocket or purse other than that my berry is NAKED

09-18-09 04:55 PM
    The only way I am using a case is if I win it for free. I had one once but it was such a pain in the *** with the battery pulls I took it off.
    touche. i have to take my mem card OUT to put media on it
    09-18-09 05:01 PM
    I was scared to carry around my curve without a case, used to flip phones. Now it goes naked. The seidio battery door makes it impossible for the case that came with my phone to be used anyway. I have a side holster it still fits, but I got over wearing it that way.

I would like to try a shell, but would have to modify it to get over my battery hump.

09-18-09 05:02 PM
    I can't stand holsters either. haha Naked in my pocket it will be. Finger smudges wiped every chance I get.

I think I have a slight case of OCD.

PS- IF I ever drop this thing on the concrete, I think I will pee my pants. Maybe even cry.
    09-18-09 05:05 PM
    I can't stand holsters either. haha Naked in my pocket it will be. Finger smudges wiped every chance I get.

PS- IF I ever drop this thing on the concrete, I think I will pee my pants. Maybe even cry.
    i drop mine often i broke the sensor under the trackball once. i actually dropped it today when i was trying to leave and started yelling to my mom, "pick it up! pick it up!"
    09-18-09 05:12 PM
    My problem isn't whethere or not it would look good in teh case or not, but functionality.

I am constantly having my BB out and available wherever I go. It pops in and out of its holster several times a day. While in the car, it is in its charging cradle (comfort cradle) and being used for GPS. I even have a charging cradle on my motorcycle so I can use GPS on scenic trips through the mountiains. It sits in its charging pod on my desk while I work.

I haven't found a skin.case that will let me do all those things without having to remove the skin first. I keep looking at something that will add protection, but not have to be removed all the time.

I keep wondering what my options will be when I upgrade to the Tour later this year. I'd love a protective case. I've even seen some cases that have holsters, but no options for desktop or car while in the case. I'm still waiting for the comfort crdle to come out for the Tour, just in case...
    09-18-09 05:24 PM
    I wish I could use the holster (the one with the magnet in it) that came with my Curve. I loved that. Usually kept it in my shirt pocket. I'm now using the Seidio 2600 battery, so I can't use the case. I'm using one that clips to my belt, made by Klein (electrician's) tools if I absolutely must use a case. Otherwise the Curve is in my hand or in the breast pocket, caseless.

09-18-09 06:10 PM
    I tried a case mate. It protects it great, but adds to much bulk for me. Also, it doesn't let light through enough to see the keys in the dark. Tried a belt holster and its always in the way. I have a screen protector on the screen, and put screen protectors on the battery cover on the back to protect it somewhat and drop it in my pocket.
    09-18-09 06:18 PM
    I have an Invisi Shield screen protector on and that's it. It is always in my front left pocket.

09-18-09 08:13 PM
    I keep my pearl in the holster to keep **** out of the trackball. The trackball went bad after like 7 months of owning it, so once I got replaced via warranty, I kept it in the holster whenever it's in my pocket.
    09-18-09 08:25 PM
    I used to hate holsters and cases and stuff, but I got my hands on a Casemate Fuel holster for my 8900 and it pretty much stays in that now.

09-18-09 09:14 PM
    I prefer the invisibleShield and the "quick draw" holster. I agree that a shell or rubber skin completely detracts from the style of the Blackberry.
    09-18-09 09:22 PM
    I aint! Gotta show off my green housing! I got a BSE for my screen and that's the biggest thing I'm worried about scratching. Not 2 worried about scratches

09-18-09 09:35 PM
    I put a seidio case on mine after I upgraded to the 2600 battery - it definately added unwanted bulk so I ditched it. I skinned it with a wood grain skinit and just carry it in my pocket.
    09-18-09 09:45 PM
    Ok, I can concur with the bra on a Porsche concept, that's the ugliest thing ever!
    I roll no case whenever I'm out and about, but I use te sleeve when I'm at home. I bought one of those stupid rubbery silicone BlackBerry condoms that don't fit right, and I returned it 2 days later, it just didn't feel right... No inference there...
    But when I'm at home I use the sleeve. I never used to, but it just feels right when I'm laying around. I don't use it during the day, cuz the sleeve doesn't fit in the wee side pocket in painter's style jeans, where I ALWAYS carry my BB.

09-18-09 09:48 PM
    You are correct in claiming that covers are ****-ugly and ruin the look of the phone. I can't tell you how many blackberrys I have seen on my campus that are covered in one of those hideous rubber cases, UGH. I just brought the invisible shield for my blackberry Tour and it is officially scratch and smudge proof!!
    09-18-09 09:50 PM
    Finger smudges wiped every chance I get.

I am the same exact way, I LOTHE finger smudges!! I'm always cleaning my sceen, whether I wipe it off on my shirt, or if I go full throttle and use a screen cleaner, there's nothing worse than a nasty, smudged up screen... OCD for sure...

09-18-09 09:54 PM
    Apart from the original screen protector my Bold rolls naked. It is a sexy thing to look at in all it's nakedness.
    09-18-09 10:03 PM
    I keep my pearl in the holster to keep **** out of the trackball. The trackball went bad after like 7 months of owning it, so once I got replaced via warranty, I kept it in the holster whenever it's in my pocket.
    Bingo! Not only does a case or holster protect my tried-and-true 8330, it also keeps the trackball clean. I've owned my Curve for 6 months now and I haven't had any trackball or keyboard issues (knock on wood).

09-18-09 10:06 PM
    Came into this world naked n I plan on going out the same way.

09-18-09 10:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD