I have a clear silicone case on mine but it annoys the crap out of me trying to get it in and out of my pocket because of the resistance from the case I always end up turning my pocket inside out. For those of you who are not using a case at all, how is the Storm holding up to Scratches/Drops. I got the silicone case because i figured it would be good to absorb the impact in a drop but I can't get the Damn thing out of my pocket!
    02-04-09 04:31 PM
    I have no case, no screen protector, and no scratches. All I have is some dust in the screen.
    02-04-09 04:35 PM
    I don't use a case other than the holster I bought when I bought my Storm. I don't really see a use for it, since I make sure to take damn good care of my equipment. Works well in the holster though, lemme tell ya!
    02-04-09 04:36 PM
    Im just prone to dropping my phone and im afraid that without a case it will do much more damage
    02-04-09 04:39 PM
    This is the first phone I've ever used cases on. Since it's a little on the heavy side I'm afraid I'll fling it somewhere. I'm curious to see the replies to this, but it seems like the chrome doesn't hold up well at all. I have a tiny scratch on mine from before I got cases and I have no idea where it even came from. There's a post on here where someone dropped theirs and the chrome appeared to be the only damage, but it was pretty ugly.
    02-04-09 04:41 PM
    Naked here except for the factory screen protector. I keep the phone holstered when not in use, but I am prone to dropping things so I honestly think it's only a matter of time before I drop it and it gets scratched, chipped, or dented. I would like IS or GA to help with that a little, but would need to have it professionally installed, and I'm not confident it will go on looking clear and even and last the life of the phone without peeling.

So far no drops, but I've only had the phone a week...
    02-04-09 04:42 PM
    I have no case for mine which is probably a bad idea because my last phone "Treo 755p" was broken by me accidently bumping up against the side of a dumpster when i was trying to put trash in it, and when this happened it was in my front pocket and the screen got a nice big ol crack on it. so far so good though no case, no screen film stuff. just raw and its all clean
    02-04-09 04:44 PM
    I use an Ipod sock.
    02-04-09 04:48 PM
    Naked since 11/21 and if dropped it a few times while pulling from the holster..... Other than a dent in the chrome @ the top and a a few scratches on the chrome by the charging port its ok..... This is a pretty durable handset imo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 04:48 PM
    For the first month and a half I had no case and only the factory screen protector.
    Now I use the Innocase I and a screen protector.
    Am MUCH more comfortable with the protection and feel of the phone. Will never go without both again if I had a choice.
    02-04-09 04:51 PM
    haven't used a case and keep it in my pocket all the time. i got some small scratches on the top (i keep it upside down in my pocket) i guess from maybe lint in my pocket. not really sure though since i never put anything in my pocket with my phone. have been debating getting a phantom skin or innocase. just haven't yet.
    02-04-09 05:24 PM
    no case here. I'm rocking a screen protector and a skin from decalgirl.com. The skin provides the same level of protection as the screen protector does but it doesn't cover the sides or the chrome strip going around the perimeter. So far, this combo has held up well and I'm pretty rough on my phones.
    02-04-09 05:25 PM
    no case going on two months
    02-04-09 05:47 PM
    My wife doesn't use a case for her storm ... but she's really good at taking care of her phones and they always look brand new ... me on the other hand ...
    02-04-09 05:49 PM
    Bareback as a MoFo here. Actually I did keep the factory plastic /screen protector on until last week. There were tiny air bubbles forming which bugged me to no end. Just removed the plastic from my screen though and stopped with the silicone case bc of the same reason you stated...it would take me soooooooooo long to get it out of my pocket.

I would end up grabbing the silicone case (pinching it at the top) and tugging upward to get the damn thing out...
    02-04-09 05:54 PM
    No case and I've dropped twice now on the pavement and a couple of times on the floor of the car and no scratches or scuffs.This is one tough phone.
    02-04-09 05:54 PM
    I have had a silicone case and a hard rubberized case. The silicone was not as tight as I thought it would be and the hard rubberized case just made the phone look ugly... So I gave in and bought a IS and I love it! Can not tell its there unless you look for it and I dropped it getting out of the car and the IS didn't scratch or get harmed at all!

I was skeptical of IS until i saw it in action. Well worth the $15 bucks I paid off of ebay!
    02-04-09 06:25 PM
    I had one of the silicone cases for about two days. After the 20th or so time getting stuck pulling it out of my pocket I tossed it and am now going commando. Took a nice bounce in the parking deck at work when it flew out of my jacket pocket with just a few minor scuffs on the battery door. Other than some pocket gunk in the space above the screen, it's all good in the hood.
    02-04-09 06:38 PM
    Bought the BB leather holster on day of purchse (11/21) and kept it in there all nice and snug until the holster and phone dropped out of my hand in the parking lot at work. There's a nice gash in the top corner of my chrome bezel now. Did a silicone cover for about a week before i got a hard plastic cover that i kept on for about a month and a half. finally realized it just doesn't feel right with any protection on it, so it's naked. also took off the screen protector tonight. I might look into an IS for if and when i decide to switch out my bezel.
    02-04-09 06:39 PM
    no case, no scratches, no dust...dropped it twice and nothing
    02-04-09 08:20 PM
    no case either, i do have the screen protectors that verizon sells. i might get a hard case in the future, but i just love the way the phone looks as it is, and i dont want to cover it up with a case.
    02-04-09 08:32 PM
    My storm is Naked since nov 21st, and it still looks like the day i got it.
    02-04-09 08:51 PM
    My phone is completely naked. No case no acerb protector no holster and no scratches or dust. Must be lucky!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 09:15 PM
    I use the Verizon screen protector that I bought when I got the phone. Still on good, which is surprising.

When I go out I use the Verizon clear hard case.

Clear Case

It gives it a good grip and I haven't dropped it once. I've actually dropped it at home a few times. Maybe I should use the case all the time? The clear case gives it a nice grip.
    02-04-09 09:20 PM
    Phantomskinz over here.

Gives the phone a shiny look, but other then that you wont know its their by looking.

the feel of the phone is griper.
    02-04-09 09:30 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD