I don't mean to be a hassle, but I was just wondering how long it really takes to get the ringtones uploaded / approved and on the site? I submitted a few about a week and a half - two weeks ago, but still haven't seen them up there.

Just curious, because it's a real downer coming here everyday just to see they're not uploaded yet

Thanks.
    10-21-08 09:12 AM
    Not sure on ringtones but a wallpaper i submitted took almost 2 weeks for approval.
    10-21-08 06:45 PM
    Ringtones and wallpapers are usually done on a weekly basis, the mods will go through and approve/disapprove some of them, but lately with behind the scenes server upgrades going on and overall improvements taking place and the forums getting larger and larger by the day, they have been temporarily put on hold, I apologize for that and will try to get some through in the next few days for you all.

PS: Also when uploading ringtone make sure you are tagging them correctly, I'm not pointing this out to anyone specifcally, but you'd be amazed at the amnt of ringtones that are tagged incorrectly, thus making the approval process even more difficult as we have to listen to each song to be sure it is correct..it's always usually when a user uploads like 10 songs..the song above it will actually be the song below it...assumingly where someone got confused on what tone they had just uploaded at say #3, making the other 7 uploaded all incorrect.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-21-08 at 11:59 PM.
    10-21-08 11:50 PM
    Gotcha, appreciate the feedback. I'm also pretty detailed when I'm uploading my own ringtones too, with album, and artist name. I have like a organization OCD.
    10-22-08 12:06 PM
    3 Weeks+ so far. =/

We need a server upgrade
    10-28-08 02:26 PM
    Naw, the mods just need help. You have limited people trying to accomplish unlimited tasks.
    10-28-08 11:48 PM
    I wonder if CrackBerry would ever consider a 'ringtone mod'. I have plenty of time to take requests, and also submit ringtones from full albums of artists. I could definitely organize the section to keep it at it's best. But I don't know how far that would go.

I know people love their free ringtones, and I'd be willing to help them with this business.
    10-29-08 09:18 AM
    And the drama goes on ;_;
    11-05-08 11:48 AM
    Another week
    11-12-08 10:34 AM
    Another week
    11-19-08 07:21 AM
    ...sorry about the delay. Please bear with us.
    11-19-08 02:00 PM
    We have run into some issues with the gallery lately. There was a problem with the scripting causing the files to be tagged incorrectly. That issue has been corrected, however we did also receive a letter from the RIAA asking us to remove multiple ringtones from our gallery. We now have to go through and clean up the galleries. Keep in mind also that some files may not be published if they are too long, contain explicit lyrics, have poor sound quality or were on the list of artists we cannot publish. We are doing our best to approve the tones in a timely manner, however we have had setbacks so please be patient. We do apologize for the delays.
    11-19-08 02:34 PM
    Understood, and thank you for a response.

I'm not sure how administration works around here, but if help is needed in the ringtone department I wouldn't mind filling out an application or whatever to help keep that section organized and flowing. I have great knowledge with vBulletin forums as I have a vB license myself.
    11-20-08 08:26 AM
    my god that is a long time
    11-25-08 04:27 PM
    Another week and a day haha.

It's all gravy, MyXer works 20x better than the uploading system here at CB.
    11-28-08 08:58 AM
    Any updates on your ringtone approval? I'm curious about the process since I just uploaded a few tonight.

Being a BlackBerry & ringtone newbie, are there any other legit website to post ringtones? Just started creating ringtones from my 26,000+ MP3 collection from CDs I own and would love to share.
    12-17-08 12:58 AM
    Hey,

It's free.

Beggars can't be choosers.

In defense of CB-

They Don't Have to Offer a Ringtone, or Wallpaper Section to begin with.

It's Nice that they do of course!
    12-17-08 11:44 AM
    Hey,

It's free.

Beggars can't be choosers.

In defense of CB-

They Don't Have to Offer a Ringtone, or Wallpaper Section to begin with.

It's Nice that they do of course!
    Correct, but if they're going to offer it they should definitely follow through with their services.

Makes me ponder if I ordered something from the CB store... how long would it take to ship. Would my order even be seen?
    01-16-09 09:40 AM
    Just submitted Scandalous from e-40 and the click last night i know i wont see it in the library till the olympics but it's labeled correctly and it is an artist that is permitted , its only the intro to the song, i've always wanted it for a ringtone
    Last edited by tezle; 03-17-09 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add - on comment
    03-17-09 11:40 AM
    i just want everyone to enjoy the ringtones i submit, i cant be the only person on earth with this bad taste in ringtones
    03-17-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD