hi folks
    how does the storm 2 charging pod work?

does the pod plug into the usb port or does it connect to the metal on the case?
    cheers
    11-19-09 04:43 AM
    plugs into the USB port. u can see the plug sticking out of the bottom of the pod
    11-19-09 05:20 AM
    You can use the pod to your PC or to your wall charger to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 05:35 AM
    You can use the pod to your PC or to your wall charger to.
    ^^^ what he said. It isn't a charger on it's own. You need to either plug the wall charger or the PC's USB cable in the back to make it a charger.

A good buy in my opinion though, nice quality solid build.
    11-19-09 07:32 AM
    You mean that this is not some independent pod that has its own nuclear power source?
    11-19-09 08:29 AM
    You mean that this is not some independent pod that has its own nuclear power source?
    That's correct.

11-19-09 08:35 AM
    No, it works for the rest of the world, but for Americans you need to insert a 'twinkie' every hour for it to keep charging!
    11-19-09 08:48 AM
    Note that some cases won't fit in charger
    11-19-09 09:01 AM
    Just want to make sure...it's powered with the exact same OEM charger or USB cable? Seems like every time I get anything new, the plugs aren't compatible.
    11-19-09 09:05 AM
    Just want to make sure...it's powered with the exact same OEM charger or USB cable? Seems like every time I get anything new, the plugs aren't compatible.
    That's correct use the OEM data cable and charger to.

11-19-09 09:08 AM
    No, it works for the rest of the world, but for Americans you need to insert a 'twinkie' every hour for it to keep charging!
    I don't know if I would like that. Being an American, I LOVES my Twinkies!

11-19-09 09:21 AM
    That's correct use the OEM data cable and charger to.

Awesome...thanks for the info!
    11-19-09 09:23 AM
    So I can use the Dock as a PC Sync?
    Last edited by alphanu22; 11-19-09 at 01:34 PM.
    11-19-09 01:20 PM
    Anyone know when Seido will be releasing the cradle that will hold Storm2's in a case?

11-19-09 01:29 PM
    Anyone know when Seido will be releasing the cradle that will hold Storm2's in a case?

That would be a great line for more case manufacturers to get into - especially the more popular ones like Otterbox. In fact, that's the reason I'm a little hesitant about getting one or the other...because I just know I wouldn't want to take the time to take it out of the holster to put in in the cradle.
    11-19-09 01:32 PM
    That would be a great line for more case manufacturers to get into - especially the more popular ones like Otterbox. In fact, that's the reason I'm a little hesitant about getting one or the other...because I just know I wouldn't want to take the time to take it out of the holster to put in in the cradle.
    I know it took a while for Seido to release the larger cradle for the original Storm. I wonder if that one would work with the Storm2 in a case?

11-19-09 01:36 PM
    slightly off topic but does your usb cable charge your s2 because mine wont (it changes to the charging symbol but doesnt actually charge) just out of curiosity. thanx
    11-19-09 07:05 PM
    So I can use the Dock as a PC Sync?
    Yes you can.
    11-19-09 07:12 PM
    slightly off topic but does your usb cable charge your s2 because mine wont (it changes to the charging symbol but doesnt actually charge) just out of curiosity. thanx
    Yes you can.
    Sync and Charge with USB to PC?
    11-19-09 07:34 PM
    So I assume you have "pull" it out of the cradle instead of just picking it up like the Tour?

11-19-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD