I found the sweet spot on the 9670. It is located to the left of the LED light on the left corner of the external screen.
    I played with mine for a bit one night and found that a magnet placed anywhere over the screen enable the holster mode.
    02-14-11 01:48 AM
    I played with mine for a bit one night and found that a magnet placed anywhere over the screen enable the holster mode.
    It seems like the phone is a little picky about where the best location for the magnet is... I actually tried several magnets and some didn't work at all... or if the magnet got stuck to another magnet it changed the polarity and I had to keep messing with it. Technically, I believe the actual "sweet spot" is located to the upper left of the keyboard, on the lower half of the phone (flipped open). This doesn't make much sense since there isn't a way to have this be useful, but if you take a magnet to that location you'll see it is much more sensitive there and it works every time, as opposed to some areas of the outer screen. My only advice is to keep experimenting until you find the sweet spot for your particular phone. I have been using my homemade sleep mode holster for over a month now and it still works great!

I posted some videos on YouTube showing my homemade holsters... I forgot to post them here... Links are below if anyone is curious and/or bored haha

Last edited by danisnotstan; 02-14-11 at 02:02 AM.
    02-14-11 01:57 AM
    Thanks for the add
    02-14-11 10:25 AM
    Any update? Ive been playing around with several magnets and positions and cann't get it to go to "sleep". Does anyone know where the "sweet spot" is?
    If you have the analog clock face on the external screen, the "sweet spot" is anywhere on the right side of the clock face. You have to have the magnet there for a little less than 2 seconds.
    03-15-11 04:58 PM
    I am not a fan of cases. Don't know why, just never liked the bulk it added to the phone.
    However... I really like the sleek look of my Style, and I would like to try to keep it that way. I got a BIG scratch on it two days after I got the dang phone. Scratches really show up on this phone. Sigh.
    So I went and bought the leather pouch for the Style from the Crackberry store. I can't wait to get it in the mail... Hopefully by next week I shall have it.
    Anyone have this pouch? Any thoughts?
    03-21-11 09:58 PM
    Since this thread is back up has anyone noticed, I have been using the holster sprint offers, and, it has a magnet on the flap. I have noticed that right where the magnet closes on flap my-front screen is starting to become discolored... I don't notice except when you read your message off the front screen--(probably because its all white). I am wonder if the magnet is causing this...I have turned my phone backwards when in the holster now but if this is an issue you would think they would say somethng..anyone else with magnets have this issue??
    03-24-11 08:57 AM
    Since this thread is back up has anyone noticed, I have been using the holster sprint offers, and, it has a magnet on the flap. I have noticed that right where the magnet closes on flap my-front screen is starting to become discolored... I don't notice except when you read your message off the front screen--(probably because its all white). I am wonder if the magnet is causing this...I have turned my phone backwards when in the holster now but if this is an issue you would think they would say somethng..anyone else with magnets have this issue??
    I am using my Palm Pre leather holster as well as a hard plastic holster, both of which have sleep magnets installed directly touching the screen and I haven't had any issues like yours.
    03-24-11 11:19 AM
    I use the Otterbox Commuter case and it fits REALLY nicely in the 83XX leather belt pouch I have. The extra size the Otterbox adds fills the pouch perfectly, and is still easy to insert and remove. And the sleep magnet works in you face it in. I'm really happy with this combo.
    03-26-11 12:07 AM
    I use the case for the curve 8300 and it fits fine even with an added hard shell
    Yep, I'd say get a case for a 8300, the dimensions are almost the same...

I'm not getting a Style, seeing as I hated the Pearl Flip. I'm gonna go for a 9300 Curve 3G.
    03-26-11 02:05 AM

I'm not getting a Style, seeing as I hated the Pearl Flip. I'm gonna go for a 9300 Curve 3G.
    The Style is nothing like the Pearl flip.
    03-26-11 12:50 PM
    I just got the Blackberry Style pouch, and it is nice. Nothing flashy, but it does what it does, and the phone feels really secure in the pouch. I definitely feel more comfortable tossing it into my bag or on the table. I think it is worth $20.
    03-30-11 12:43 AM

I use to have the Pearl Flip too. Although i liked the form factor, its OS and memory sucked. i used it for a year. I had the same worry about the style, but as Schufly said:
    The Style is nothing like the Pearl flip.
    Its BETTER!
    03-30-11 02:44 AM
    It seems like the phone is a little picky about where the best location for the magnet is... I actually tried several magnets and some didn't work at all... or if the magnet got stuck to another magnet it changed the polarity and I had to keep messing with it. Technically, I believe the actual "sweet spot" is located to the upper left of the keyboard, on the lower half of the phone (flipped open). This doesn't make much sense since there isn't a way to have this be useful, but if you take a magnet to that location you'll see it is much more sensitive there and it works every time, as opposed to some areas of the outer screen. My only advice is to keep experimenting until you find the sweet spot for your particular phone. I have been using my homemade sleep mode holster for over a month now and it still works great!

I posted some videos on YouTube showing my homemade holsters... I forgot to post them here... Links are below if anyone is curious and/or bored haha

after seeing the vids, i got inspired! i took my 9700 holster, sliced open the inner lining, and repositioned the magnet for my style, and krazy glued the lining back on! a 30 mins project, and it worked like a charm!!
    03-30-11 03:31 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD