So while customizing my profiles, I see that there is holstering setting. Since I haven't found a way to put the phone into standby and it didn't come with any type of case or holster, how would the phone be holstered to activate the holster settings?
    01-01-11 09:48 PM
    I cant seem to understand how this phone has been out for almost a month and there are no accessories to go with it i.e. charging pod, holster, case, screen protector.

If you go to the Blackberry Accessorie site everything says coming soon.

How long do we have to wait???

End of rant...Sorry to jack the thread
    01-01-11 10:18 PM
    You would have to purchase a holster. Sprint sells one I believe. Personally I just moved mine into my Blackberry leather 8330 holster. The Style is a little shorter but it works great for me. Even seems to put it into sleep mode if I slide it in facing the front. Think I'm just gonna keep it that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 10:19 PM
    I don't recommend using just any holster for the Style I have a 9650 holster and when I first went to try sliding my BlackBerry Style 9670 into it I noticed that with just a little dust or dirt in the holster or on the phone the outside screen would possible be scratched. There is a Style holster pouch coming soon from Research in Motion. Hope you can wait

01-03-11 01:26 AM
    Here is what I have been using.....

and here is where to find it

New Face In Swivel Clip Holster BlackBerry 9670 Style - eBay (item 290516521754 end time Jan-26-11 18:24:54 PST)

And for the record... I've been using a charging dock since Christmas Day... Blackberry Accessory store sells them for 29.99.
    01-03-11 04:45 AM
    I don't recommend using just any holster for the Style I have a 9650 holster and when I first went to try sliding my BlackBerry Style 9670 into it I noticed that with just a little dust or dirt in the holster or on the phone the outside screen would possible be scratched. There is a Style holster pouch coming soon from Research in Motion. Hope you can wait

That is the first thing I thought of when I saw how shiney the front lens is, that is why I bought the Zagg Invisible Shield and it fits perfectly and you can hardly tell its there. A must if you will be holstering in my opinion.
    01-03-11 08:11 AM
    Here is what I have been using.....

and here is where to find it

New Face In Swivel Clip Holster BlackBerry 9670 Style - eBay (item 290516521754 end time Jan-26-11 18:24:54 PST)

And for the record... I've been using a charging dock since Christmas Day... Blackberry Accessory store sells them for 29.99.
    Does that holster have a lining for the side facing the front screen or is it all completely plastic?
    01-03-11 08:13 AM
    Does that holster have a lining for the side facing the front screen or is it all completely plastic?
    Its just plastic actually.... I haven't found one with a felt lining yet. Believe me I'm looking.

I did find the same leather holster Sprint sells for 34.95 on ebay for 19.99 and free shipping. Still seems a little steep to me though.
    01-03-11 04:50 PM
    I cant seem to understand how this phone has been out for almost a month and there are no accessories to go with it i.e. charging pod, holster, case, screen protector.

If you go to the Blackberry Accessorie site everything says coming soon.

How long do we have to wait???

End of rant...Sorry to jack the thread
    It has been out since 11/01/10 so it has been available for 2mo... I agree, it is nuts to go this long w/o available accessories. Sprint shouldn't release phones w/o accessories avaialble.. Especially protection accessories. This phone with the big shiney front screen and glossy phone body needs protection. I am personally looking for the Otterbox case COMING SOON.....

01-03-11 05:30 PM
    It has been out since 11/01/10 so it has been available for 2mo... I agree, it is nuts to go this long w/o available accessories. Sprint shouldn't release phones w/o accessories avaialble.. Especially protection accessories. This phone with the big shiney front screen and glossy phone body needs protection. I am personally looking for the Otterbox case COMING SOON.....

But it doesn't look like the "Otter Box" comes with a clip. So I will still need a way to carry it. The Otter box does look very nice though.
    01-03-11 05:47 PM
    I promise, as soon as more accessories come out, I'll be covering them on the site. Charging cradle & a case from Mobi are up first I believe. With CES this week, things are a little crazy for the CrackBerry team.
    01-03-11 10:50 PM
    Its just plastic actually.... I haven't found one with a felt lining yet. Believe me I'm looking.

I did find the same leather holster Sprint sells for 34.95 on ebay for 19.99 and free shipping. Still seems a little steep to me though.
    Thanks for the tip. I actually think Im gonna pic this up go to a local craft store, find some thin felt of some sort, get some spray adhesive and try to line it myself. I will let you know how I make out. Even if I ruin it for $6 how could I go wrong.
    01-07-11 09:58 PM
    I am using my old Storm case. I just had to put a small piece of foam in the bottom of the case to prevent the 9670 from sliding in to far but it works great.

If you put the phone in upside down and facing forward it works great with the magnet.
    Last edited by DanTheDriver; 01-15-11 at 06:45 PM.
    01-07-11 10:11 PM
    I just ordered a similar holster as pictured above from Amazon for $7 after shipping (also comes with inside and outside screen protectors). I have an old broken Tour holster that I'm going to peel the felt liner and the sleep magnet from and see if I can rig them onto the Style holster until a better option comes out. I'm hoping the sleep mode will work to kill the external display from staying on too long. When playing with the demo phones at the Sprint store, sometimes the phone would appear dead until you touched the front of the phone to the base it was mounted to (magnet holds it in place) so I'm hoping this works since it appears it should. I'll update this when I get the holster and try it.
    01-08-11 02:47 PM
    I use the case for the curve 8300 and it fits fine even with an added hard shell
    01-08-11 07:38 PM
    Bought this case and my phone doesnt fit. I litterally have to squeeze it in for the clip to grab the top and I havent even tried to line it with felt. I guess the ZAGG shield is just thick enought to render this holster useless.

Anyone who wants it PM me your address and its yours.
    01-15-11 03:57 PM
    I use the case for the curve 8300 and it fits fine even with an added hard shell
    Same here. My leather RIM 8330 case fits well and sleep mode works as long as I face the phone toward the front.

01-15-11 04:53 PM
    Bought this case and my phone doesnt fit. I litterally have to squeeze it in for the clip to grab the top and I havent even tried to line it with felt. I guess the ZAGG shield is just thick enought to render this holster useless.

Anyone who wants it PM me your address and its yours.
    you have a PM!!!! awesome!
    01-15-11 05:05 PM
    I just ordered a similar holster as pictured above from Amazon for $7 after shipping (also comes with inside and outside screen protectors). I have an old broken Tour holster that I'm going to peel the felt liner and the sleep magnet from and see if I can rig them onto the Style holster until a better option comes out. I'm hoping the sleep mode will work to kill the external display from staying on too long. When playing with the demo phones at the Sprint store, sometimes the phone would appear dead until you touched the front of the phone to the base it was mounted to (magnet holds it in place) so I'm hoping this works since it appears it should. I'll update this when I get the holster and try it.
    Any update? Ive been playing around with several magnets and positions and cann't get it to go to "sleep". Does anyone know where the "sweet spot" is?
    01-18-11 05:31 PM
    If you don't care about the sleep/holster function, I just did my review for the Night Ize carrying case. It's pretty nice & only $12.95. Has a pocket on the inside for license, debit card or whatever, pen loop (I couldn't get one to fit with phone in it though) & a loop on the top for your bluetooth, chapstick, small pen light...
    01-18-11 10:32 PM
    If you don't care about the sleep/holster function, I just did my review for the Night Ize carrying case. It's pretty nice & only $12.95. Has a pocket on the inside for license, debit card or whatever, pen loop (I couldn't get one to fit with phone in it though) & a loop on the top for your bluetooth, chapstick, small pen light...
    This is the one I am currently using. Just have a few issues with it. It's a pain to get off my belt (though I guess that's a good thing also) and I have to squeeze the bottom to get the phone out. I'm not currently using the other pockets. I need to try them out.
    01-19-11 08:28 AM
    This is the one I am currently using. Just have a few issues with it. It's a pain to get off my belt (though I guess that's a good thing also) and I have to squeeze the bottom to get the phone out. I'm not currently using the other pockets. I need to try them out.
    Yeah, it is a nice snug fit but I found that was what most wanted when I asked them about a holster. My father is a mechanic for Frito Lay & he uses the same case for his android. He loves the clip for the exact reason of it being hard to get off the belt.

The pocket on the inside was nice when I just wanted to take my license & debit card instead of my whole purse. The loop for the pen worked with my dad's skinnier android in it but not with my 9670 or 9650. I liked the loop on the outside for your bluetooth (I put my chapstick in it a few times & my dad keeps a little pen flashlight in it).

01-19-11 08:46 AM
    I found the sweet spot on the 9670. It is located to the left of the LED light on the left corner of the external screen.
    01-20-11 03:43 PM
    I found the sweet spot on the 9670. It is located to the left of the LED light on the left corner of the external screen.
    Tried it with a fridge magnet and cant seem to get it to work. Can you possible post a vid?
    01-20-11 04:05 PM
    Any update? Ive been playing around with several magnets and positions and cann't get it to go to "sleep". Does anyone know where the "sweet spot" is?
    Sorry for the delay, not sure why I didn't get an email that you responded so I missed it... Ive been using my home made holster for a few days now and its working great. I have attached pics showing where I put the magnet (its the small circle to the left... the piece in the center is just thin cardboard to even out the surface. I currently have a Zagg Invisible Shield on the front of the phone (just on the black area) and on the center of the battery door and the phone still fits in the holster fine. I did make a short video review of the holster that I was going to put on Amazon... I showed the magnet at the end...I don't know how to post it on here though.

3/1/11 Update - The holster broke! (one of the hinges on the belt clip snapped in half) I guess you get what you pay for... I just wish there was a better hard plastic holster option for the style... I found another holster on ebay that I just ordered but I'm pretty sure its the same exact holster. At least the holster I ordered today actually came in a 3 pack for $7 so I'll have a few spares...
    Last edited by danisnotstan; 03-01-11 at 03:42 PM.
    01-20-11 05:42 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD