When I receive voice mail it rings hey micky and I went thru all my setting and I can't figure out to change it please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 08:25 PM
    Uh, it's been a while, but is Mickey your SMS tone also? Seems that on older devices SMS and voicemail used the same tone. I don't know if it changed on the newer devices or not. Pardon if I've had a Brainfart here.

12-02-10 12:07 AM
    It is located under PROFILES!
    12-02-10 05:29 AM
    Uh, it's been a while, but is Mickey your SMS tone also? Seems that on older devices SMS and voicemail used the same tone. I don't know if it changed on the newer devices or not. Pardon if I've had a Brainfart here.

As far as i know this is true. sms tone and voicemail tone are one in the same. the tone i use for sms also plays when it alerts of the new voicemail. i turned that off becuz i use berry buzz to alert me with a specific colour for diff things
    12-02-10 12:36 PM
    Maybe you could try creating a Contact with your own phone number saved. Then goto the Speaker in the upper left corner of the main screen>Set Contact Alerts>Add Contact Alert. Then Click where it says "Contact Name(s):" Choose yourself(contact you just created) as the Contact. Then Click messages and change the ringtone to whatever your choice. Remember to save everything on your way out.

I may be completely off base, but i figure this should work since you're basically getting an SMS from your own phonenumber whenever you get a voicemail.

Keep in mind that these instructions are for 5.0 and not 6.0.

Let us know if this works.
    12-28-10 11:35 AM
    When I receive voice mail it rings hey micky and I went thru all my setting and I can't figure out to change it please help

Go to Profiles, edit profiles, and under 'messages-notifiers' you'll see an option for 'visual voicemail.' You can change it from there.

Hope this helps!
    12-28-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD