How difficult is it to take the Curve out of the Otterbox? I would like to be able to protect my Curve while at work a couple days/week, but when I'm home or out at night, I want to just use the OEM holster.

Does it just snap together easy or what? I was looking at the Seidio cases but I heard a lot of people complaining about how hard they were to get apart.

Thanks
    05-11-08 11:01 PM
    I don't have one, but my father does. It's just simple to remove the skin then the plastic pulls apart. I would say about 5 sec if your in a rush.... Not bad.....
    05-11-08 11:07 PM
    it is very easy. I use the otter box case three days a week while at work and a regular holster the other days. the rubber skin comes right off and the hard case snaps apart. very easy, well made and recommended if you need the protection.
    05-12-08 12:20 AM
    I have an otterbox and couldn't imagine not having one. I only take my phone out of the case to do a battery pull, and it only takes a couple of seconds, and you don't have to take it off completely. I have to have one for work because I am in construction, and if I didn't have one my phone would be broken already. When I do take my phone out, it looks brand new, and I got it in Feb. so it protects it very well. Anyway, the case overall is bad asp and it isn't hard to take apart, and it doesn't take too long either.
    05-12-08 12:33 AM
    I have to ask the folks who take their Otterbox case off (8830, here) - When I've taken mine off, I do have to deal with the issue of bubbles between the CLEAR SHEET and the screen. Trying to get rid of them is a bit of an issue. Taking apart the rest of the case is NOT an issue at all. It is just trying to squeegee out the bubbles that prevents me from disassembling it more regularly.
    05-12-08 09:01 AM
    You'd think with all our technology someone would invent a screen protector that doesn't have bubbles by now !
    05-12-08 09:21 AM
    You don't have to remove the device to do a battery pull

Use ALT, right shift, then hold delete all together.... it will reset the device...
    05-12-08 09:24 AM
    I have to ask the folks who take their Otterbox case off (8830, here) - When I've taken mine off, I do have to deal with the issue of bubbles between the CLEAR SHEET and the screen. Trying to get rid of them is a bit of an issue. Taking apart the rest of the case is NOT an issue at all. It is just trying to squeegee out the bubbles that prevents me from disassembling it more regularly.
    I use a BestskinsEver screen sheet. Not one bubble, ever.
    05-12-08 08:37 PM
    If you clean it really well before installing it(plastic see through screen cover) and place it on the phone just right and work it on the phone from one end to the other, bubbles are hardly an issue. Most bubbles are actuallt dust under the screen. Also I have noticed that if you place the phone under a heat source that isn't too hot(ie the car vent) it helps to get and keep the bubbles out. Just my observations and experiences though, and may not work for others.
    05-12-08 09:09 PM
    mix a drop of dish soap with a glass of water apply a drop or two to the screen then place the otterbox screen protector back on. The bubbles come out super easy.
    05-12-08 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD