Can this be defeated? I have a 'clip in' holster with magnet, but I don't want the magnet to effect the phone, is there a setting for that...?
    10-22-09 11:55 AM
    why would you want to? The holser magnet helps conserve battery power which, last time i checked, is a very good thing.... but to answer your question i dont think so.... sorry that didnt help much...
    10-22-09 11:59 AM
    The magnet serves as a way to conserve battery on the device,. You do have the option of using the auto-answer and hang up when holstering the device.
    10-22-09 12:02 PM
    Remove the magnet, that's about the only way. You can fork out a few bucks for a case without the magnet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:02 PM
    What would you benefit by not using the magnet?

10-22-09 12:09 PM
    What would you benefit by not using the magnet?

Yeah, that's my question too.

I don't see the benefit to defeating the magnet's intended beneficial purpose...

Perhaps he wants to kill his friend's battery in 4 hours by disabling the sleep-mode.

Dm
    10-22-09 12:14 PM
    Thanks everyone one. I like the holster, and the Tour seats fine with screen facing out (backwards)...and I'd like to use the phone 'in' the Holster. Why? It's easier to hold, I keep dropping the phone...maybe it's just me?

;-)
    10-22-09 12:36 PM
    So...I opted for magnet removal, and find this holster works great...I place my BB Tour facing-out...and can use it 100%. The Holster simply clips on, and when holding provides a better means to grip this slippery device...

;-)

Holster
    10-24-09 07:11 AM
    Maybe a silicon skin would help you hold onto it better.
    10-24-09 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD