For those that are having trouble converting specifically for the 8330 curve, I have found a solution that brings great quality to your movies/videos etc. I use the program Handbrake. Here are the settings I use:

Format: MP4
    Width: 320
    Video Codec: Mpeg4 FFmpeg
    Framerate: 15
    Avg Bitrate: 1500
    Audio Codec: AAC
    Mixdown: Stereo

Let me know if you have issues with this. I have found the quality and no lag between picture and audio to work with these settings. Most of the props go to the Blackberry video guide but I did have to modify some settings like Framerate and the codec. The link for the original video guide is:

Ultimate HQ Blackberry video converting guide

Quack
    Last edited by ndlquack; 06-12-09 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Changed thread title
    06-12-09 06:08 PM
    For mac users: check this Video to BlackBerry Converter for Mac.
    Following is a step by step guide:
    http://www.flash-video-soft.com/blog/?p=153
    hope it can help you
    06-15-09 01:44 AM
    This Handbrake converter doesnt help at all. For one, it doesnt even reveal any video play back for the individual who needs or wants to have their video converted or adjusted for them to view before they go any further. Plus I dont even see any type of Conversion button on this one or any conversion option to click onto. This is the 0.9.3 version that Im referring to. Another thing......when Ppl on this website post up stuff when it comes to Converters, it would be great if they'd only take the time to show some photographic images to go with their post so that it could benefit the NEW People on here so that they can learn something NEW to add with their BB phones. Im sure that it has been said before that alot of these Converters out there arent all quite the same since most of them "Almost" do the same thing in general. Ive only observed about a few Ppl on here that actaully added some Pics to their post (Re:Converters) which was really great on their part but again, we definitely need more of that example on here so that more New Ppl can benefit from it & even the ones that are already on here as well. Anyways, unless Im missing something on here RE: Handbrake version 0.9.3, this item is useless & a complete Loss to me. Pics would be nice to add with the advertisement for this product or item tho.
    06-26-09 04:43 PM
    Handbrake is specifically used to convert. I would not use it to edit the video. I edit my videos in ULead Video Studio and then export back as mpeg.

Then I use Handbrake to either convert the mpeg video or a dvd. Here are pictures since you asked:

How to add the source file:

Source/Destination/Output

Output Settings and Picture Settings Tab

Video Settings Tab

Audio Settings Tab

To start your encoding click the Start button next to the source button at the top of the application.

Hopefully this helps, I'll be subscribing to this thread if anyone needs additional help.

Quack
    06-30-09 10:23 AM
    I have had issues converting files for the 8330 as well. You can check out the guide in my signature for an alternative to Roxio and Handbrake, which includes instructions and screenshots.
    07-01-09 10:59 AM
    ndlquack,
    Thanks for the note. I pm-ed you back. Again. Thanks for the Help.
    07-01-09 08:14 PM
    ndlquack,
    replied back to your message.
    Thanks again for the assistance.
    07-02-09 07:58 AM
    have a Curve from Verizon. Am getting pretty frustrated with trying to put movies on it. There are a lot of MP4 posts, but about 90% give me an error message when I go to play them on the curve (I learned after 100% of them didn't work, that it was essential for the resolution to be 320x240, but that still only took me to 1 out of every 10 working) Which is where you came in. I read your Handbrake post and followed the steps....and forgive me if this is something REALLY simple, but after the dvd gets encoded...where does it save so I can use the bb media manager to put it on my phone? I thought it would save it in the output folder I specified...but it wasn't there. Any hints?
    08-03-09 01:37 AM
    have a Curve from Verizon. Am getting pretty frustrated with trying to put movies on it. There are a lot of MP4 posts, but about 90% give me an error message when I go to play them on the curve (I learned after 100% of them didn't work, that it was essential for the resolution to be 320x240, but that still only took me to 1 out of every 10 working) Which is where you came in. I read your Handbrake post and followed the steps....and forgive me if this is something REALLY simple, but after the dvd gets encoded...where does it save so I can use the bb media manager to put it on my phone? I thought it would save it in the output folder I specified...but it wasn't there. Any hints?
    Spartacus, if you look at the guide where I have pictures to go along, you will notice an source/destination/output. That's where you are saving, like I have in my example I am saving the mp4 file to:

Output:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\OpenLetterToCongress.mp4

So when it is done encoding I will look for a file on my desktop that is titled OpenLetterToCongress.mp4

Let me know if that makes sense and helps you out

Quack
    Last edited by ndlquack; 08-03-09 at 06:31 AM.
    08-03-09 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD