I have a few ringtones on my pearl but they are so quiet that I'm missing all my calls. I download them at full volume and I have my loud profile on. What can I do to make them louder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 06:44 AM
    Download a free application for your computer called Audacity...

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

You will also need to get the plugin (LAME MP3 Encoder) that allows you to save projects (export) directly as MP3 files...a link and instructions for installing it will be on the download page for whatever computer OS you're running.

Anyhoo, once you have all that set up, you can run sound files through Audacity and, using some of its settings, boost the volume on them, thus boosting them when they're on the BlackBerry. In order to get truly loud ringtones, though, you'll have to boost the volume on sound files to the point of mild to moderate distortion, but once on your 'Berry they won't sound so bad.

PM me if you need more details when (if) you decide to go this route.
    10-14-08 10:01 AM
    I was having the same problem and it still persisted after I downloaded the software. Try this... Go to Media --> Go to Voice Notes --> Press your menu key once there --> Go to Options --> Scroll down to the option Audio Boost --> Change to ON. Don't know if that will help, but it worked for me. Good luck!
    03-09-09 06:01 AM
    wow this helps me to I was having the same problem.
    Thanks
    03-09-09 12:22 PM
    ok ppl, i have a blackberry pearl 8130 and ive discovered that there is a way to make your "loud" profile.. LOUDER ok;
    Using your trackball select the volume logo on your home screen
    Scroll down to advanced
    Click on "loud" (it will probly be the "active" profile)
    Scroll down to "phone" and click
    now you will see your profile settings for your phone when it is in loud mode.
    If you look carefully you will see Ringtone and next to that the ringer you have chosen..and directly below that you will read "Volume". This profile comes "stock" with Medium volume. All you have to do is click on medium and change it to loud. This has made a huge difference for me.. Good luck Folks
    04-28-09 05:12 PM
    Ok, None of that worked. My phone is so quiet that there is no way I could hear it even if it was taped to my head! What the heck is up? This phone sucks so far. Nothing is as good as the ol ratty razor I had.
    05-12-09 11:33 PM
    Since I use mp3 files for my ringtones, what I do to make them louder is open them up in an audio file editor (I used GoldWave) and increased the volume of the file.
    As for the ringtones that come with the phone, I haven't tried anything with them yet.
    05-19-09 01:56 AM
    ok ppl, i have a blackberry pearl 8130 and ive discovered that there is a way to make your "loud" profile.. LOUDER ok;
    Using your trackball select the volume logo on your home screen
    Scroll down to advanced
    Click on "loud" (it will probly be the "active" profile)
    Scroll down to "phone" and click
    now you will see your profile settings for your phone when it is in loud mode.
    If you look carefully you will see Ringtone and next to that the ringer you have chosen..and directly below that you will read "Volume". This profile comes "stock" with Medium volume. All you have to do is click on medium and change it to loud. This has made a huge difference for me.. Good luck Folks
    That made a big difference.
    Thanks!
    08-15-09 06:11 PM
    Ok, None of that worked. My phone is so quiet that there is no way I could hear it even if it was taped to my head! What the heck is up? This phone sucks so far. Nothing is as good as the ol ratty razor I had.
    Unless your phone is malfunctioning the louder setting in your profile they mentioned combined with boosting the volume on your computer that they also mentioned will fix your probelm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 06:51 PM
    I couldnt hear my blackberry bold ringtone and found this site in my journey to find the answer. its a simple one!
    the speaker in the back has been squashed in and muffles the sound out
    its the rectangle thingy above the camera and all i had to do was use my fingernail to wedge it out a fraction and use a tooth pick point to jam a bit in to keep it there
    Sussed It

hope you like :-)
    10-27-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD