I think you should just return the phone back to Verizon for the scratch. I mean people have done worse stuff on these crazy boards!!! LOL
    Not unless he has insurance. Dropping a phone is certainly not a warranty issue.

Sorry about your luck OP. I know it has to hurt to scratch up your new phone. I haven't had any issues with my case but I'll be giving it a hard test next month when I start my new job.
    07-30-09 07:53 PM
    I have the verizon silicone skin on my Tour, and I use the OEM holster. At first it's quite tight, but I've been using it since launch, and now it's very nice. No possible way it's falling out of there.
    07-30-09 09:58 PM
    I have the verizon silicone skin on my Tour, and I use the OEM holster. At first it's quite tight, but I've been using it since launch, and now it's very nice. No possible way it's falling out of there.
    I was thinking of doing this as well. Someone said they were stretching theirs out with a deck or two of playing cards. I think this meshes so well because the inside is a very soft, almost slick surface. Hmm, IDK if I'm patient enough to get a Amazon BB branded skin for $2.99... or go to Sprint/VZW/BB to get one for like $14.99+
    07-30-09 10:33 PM
    By case actually fell with the Tour inside.

I have way to many gadgets on:
    1 work phone
    1 work BB 8703e (old school big black one)
    1 BB Tour (personal use)
    1 iPhone 3GS (I had to try it to see if I liked it)

The Tour is in my left pocket with the clip holding it into the pocket. I sat down to surf the web on the iPhone and put the Tour in the right front pocket. When I stood up, the clip caught on the chair and down it went. The top corner of the phone is pitted. Luckily, it has a loose battery door, so I could always exchange it. The pitting is barely noticeable, so in a pinch I'll buy a snap on case to cover it.
    Last edited by jbachandouris; 07-31-09 at 07:34 AM. Reason: added model number of bb
    07-31-09 07:32 AM
    thanks for the links. are they a pain in the *** to replace? it looks like a lot of things have to be taken apart. will they do it at the verizon store? if not i am sure my trackball will sieze to work at somepoint from dust and ill have to get a replacement anyway..
    I really don't know about doing the actual change over. I never have and not sure I trust myself enough to try. I am pretty sure they won't do that type of repair at Verizon for you. They will most likely have you call the insurance company and pay for a replacement through them. Think it's $45 or $50 now.

I would check out one of the videos on you tube as to how to take apart the Tour and then decide if it looks like soemthing you can do. I wouldput a link up for you but Your Tube is blocked at my work.

yeah. my storm case was SUPER tight. i wish i could use that as the phone would never slip out of that one. too bad the magnet is in a different place. i should try to pawn that case off to someone btw.. thanks for reminding me
    No problem.

I also just bought the hard plastic case from the Verizon store. From the front it looks like the one from SPE that is in the crackberry store but it's not exactly the same. Stay away from the case at the Verizon store. I put it on and it cracked all over the palce. Stayed on fine just looked horrible. Then it took myself and the VZW rep about 10 minutes to get it off so I could return it. Once we got it off yu could defintiely tell it was broken. It actually seemed like once it's on it's not really meant to coem off.

I'm personally going to wait for the Innocase from Seidio. They worked great for my Curve and Storm.

I'll be taking my Tour back this weekend for a third. This one was working fine but the top peice that says Blackberry right under the speaker is all uneven and making a loud creaking sound everytime I use the screen lock or stand by button. Also the gaps on the sides of it are very uneven. Makes the entire phone feel cheap. I have heard others say this and accept it because their Storm's did the same. My first Tour didn't do it and neither does my Storm, so it's going back. I was going to wait longer, hoping to assure that a new batch of Tours with hopefully some better QC implemented but now I am worried this one may break and then they would make file a claim through insurance instead of just replacing it.
    07-31-09 08:28 AM
    By case actually fell with the Tour inside.

I have way to many gadgets on:
    1 work phone
    1 work BB 8703e (old school big black one)
    1 BB Tour (personal use)
    1 iPhone 3GS (I had to try it to see if I liked it)

So you carry 4 phones daily? wow
    07-31-09 08:33 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD