The damn magnetic holster just let my tour flop right out on to asphalt. There are several gashes in the chrome bezel but everything else looks great, but it is really annoying me. is there anyway to replace the chrome bezel or?
    07-30-09 12:48 PM
    The damn magnetic holster just let my tour flop right out on to asphalt. There are several gashes in the chrome bezel but everything else looks great, but it is really annoying me. is there anyway to replace the chrome bezel or?
    Here you go...

cnn.cn home page
    Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,

Black Bezel
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM black bezel - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G,

Titanium Bezel
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM titanium bezel - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G,

Chrome Bezel
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM chrome bezel - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G,
    07-30-09 12:51 PM
    I think you should just return the phone back to Verizon for the scratch. I mean people have done worse stuff on these crazy boards!!! LOL
    07-30-09 01:09 PM
    Are you on a trampoline or something? I've used my holster from day 1 (in my pocket) and not a scratch, nor has it come close to falling out. Hope you learned your lesson. Be careful!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 01:15 PM
    i hate those holsters; they are way to tight on the blackberry
    07-30-09 01:16 PM
    Are you on a trampoline or something? I've used my holster from day 1 (in my pocket) and not a scratch, nor has it come close to falling out. Hope you learned your lesson. Be careful!

Seriously...what were you doing? Back handsprings?? I wear this thing all day long with the holster, and I am always on the move, not sitting in a cube all day- and have not had this thing slip once.
    07-30-09 01:27 PM
    I took the belt clip off my OEM holster and keep the tour/holster in my pocket. I too didnt trust the lil magnetic flap to hold the Tour in.. Especially since I had to wear it horizontally most of the time.
    07-30-09 01:27 PM

i was not on a trampoline but it wasnt in my pocket like urs is. it was attached to my belt...
    07-30-09 01:28 PM
    I took the belt clip off my OEM holster and keep the tour/holster in my pocket. I too didnt trust the lil magnetic flap to hold the Tour in.. Especially since I had to wear it horizontally most of the time.
    how hard was it to remove the clip and could i put it back on if i want it back on there?
    07-30-09 01:29 PM
    I would ahve to say that the case that comes with the Tour is too loose if anything.

I agree that most of the time the cases are too tight or need breaking in but that is defintiely not the case this time.

The case that came with my Storm actually fits the Tour much better IMO but it I guess the magnet is in the wrong place becasue t doesn't put it into stand by.
    07-30-09 01:29 PM
    thanks for the links. are they a pain in the *** to replace? it looks like a lot of things have to be taken apart. will they do it at the verizon store? if not i am sure my trackball will sieze to work at somepoint from dust and ill have to get a replacement anyway..
    07-30-09 01:30 PM
    I would ahve to say that the case that comes with the Tour is too loose if anything.

I agree that most of the time the cases are too tight or need breaking in but that is defintiely not the case this time.

The case that came with my Storm actually fits the Tour much better IMO but it I guess the magnet is in the wrong place becasue t doesn't put it into stand by.
    yeah. my storm case was SUPER tight. i wish i could use that as the phone would never slip out of that one. too bad the magnet is in a different place. i should try to pawn that case off to someone btw.. thanks for reminding me
    07-30-09 01:31 PM
    Were you Skydiving when this occured?
    no i was actually bent over lookin for something on the floor of my car when it just flopped out
    07-30-09 01:31 PM
    This happened to me as well. I am debating if I should call and ask for a replacement. Does anyone know what will happen if I send mine into Verizon after they send a replacement and they notice the scratch? Will it matter?
    07-30-09 01:33 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon CS and they said if you have any nicks, scratches etc. They now charge retail X 2 on your account and will send you a Motorola Star Tec instead of a new BB Tour. Good Luck!
    07-30-09 01:46 PM
    seriously? I run my sprints with pandora playing with the phone in the holster on the waist of my mesh shorts and i've never even had a close call. you sure you closed it good?
    07-30-09 02:00 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon CS and they said if you have any nicks, scratches etc. They now charge retail X 2 on your account and will send you a Motorola Star Tec instead of a new BB Tour. Good Luck!
    Wow you are just hilarious.
    07-30-09 02:51 PM
    I had mine fall out once when I bent over to pick something up but I think my shirt got caught on the magnet flap and undid it

07-30-09 03:40 PM

I agree with you, I actaully gave my wife my Storm case and took the one that came with her Tour. I can actually carry my Storm that has InvisiShield all on the front face and then with the Incipio Feather case protecting the side and back! Great combo, and if I don't want to use the case it's still protected all around in my pocket! I was actually gonna post this combo under the Tips forum, I'm sure a full body InvisiShield Storm would be tight in a Storm case. The Tour case is an upgrade in my eyes!
    07-30-09 03:57 PM
    Which means the phone shouldn't not just fall out
    07-30-09 03:58 PM
    I had mine fall out once when I bent over to pick something up but I think my shirt got caught on the magnet flap and undid it

That scenario is what I'm afraid of. I often wear a suit and therefore have a lot of clothes that may cause this to happen.

I am sorry to hear of those whose holsters caused damage.
    07-30-09 04:00 PM
    seriously? I run my sprints with pandora playing with the phone in the holster on the waist of my mesh shorts and i've never even had a close call. you sure you closed it good?
    I actually did this the other day as well because I forgot my strap for my ipod and I didn't have shorts with pockets and the headset was too short.
    07-30-09 04:01 PM
    I'm using the holster from my 8830...fits great, enters standby as soon as I drop it in and the magnet is strong enough to hold the flap down securely.

07-30-09 05:15 PM
    Know what I've noticed? I've had a few of mine swapped already, but my magnet on my current phone works amazing. I was going to use the new holster on the new replacement, and found the magnet to be very very weak. Maybe this could be a culprit.

* Mod Fix.
    Last edited by yester18; 07-31-09 at 07:46 AM.
    07-30-09 05:25 PM
    I love how all my previous blackberrues came with a case except for my storm and the tour hollister case to me has by far been the cheapest feeling one I'm surprised it didn't come with pouch it didn't scratch mine I thought it felt cheap got silicone case and those to me scratch the phones over anything otterbox it is

07-30-09 07:10 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD