When i purchased my Storm last year I also purchased the hard plastic holster with the clip $30 (covers the screen only). After using it, it has scratched up my phone pretty badly. The part where it clips on top has scratched off the chrome trim. And right above the ear piece it has worn down so much I can actually see inside my device! Not to mention the chrome trim on the bottom is gone as well..

Now that the clip has broke, I am wondering if there are any other hard plastic holsters out there that will not damage my Storm. Has anyone experienced this problem with the VZW clip as well? And if there is a holster out there, please tell. I like those clips but its not worth it if it damages my device.

The reason for a holster is to protect your phone not damage it. haha
    08-03-09 01:34 PM
    When i purchased my Storm last year I also purchased the hard plastic holster with the clip $30 (covers the screen only). After using it, it has scratched up my phone pretty badly. The part where it clips on top has scratched off the chrome trim. And right above the ear piece it has worn down so much I can actually see inside my device! Not to mention the chrome trim on the bottom is gone as well..

Now that the clip has broke, I am wondering if there are any other hard plastic holsters out there that will not damage my Storm. Has anyone experienced this problem with the VZW clip as well? And if there is a holster out there, please tell. I like those clips but its not worth it if it damages my device.

The reason for a holster is to protect your phone not damage it. haha
    I personaly don't like those clips. Like you said they leave the phone prone to damage and sometimes when you take them out you are more likely to drop the phone. I like the leather case that clips onto your belt. I got it from Verizon and it has the sleeper magnet and swivels on the belt. It protects the phone much better and is easier to get the phone into and out of.
    08-03-09 01:43 PM
    Yea, I am using one similar to that right now. And yea i know what you mean by making it easier to drop haha but it makes the phone not stick out as much. I like the thin sleek hold the plastic holsters have.
    08-03-09 01:49 PM
    Yea, I am using one similar to that right now. And yea i know what you mean by making it easier to drop haha but it makes the phone not stick out as much. I like the thin sleek hold the plastic holsters have.
    Another thing with those clips is that my seatbelt would knock the phone out of it and it would fall between the seat and the console, and you know what a b***h that is . But I guess if you must have one of those clips check out the ones in the Crackberry Store. They have reviews on some there.
    08-03-09 01:53 PM
    Mine is doing exactly the samething, but I dont care. It doesnt effect the phones use, just cosmetic.
    08-03-09 01:55 PM
    The plastic holsters on any phone leave them open for damage. I purchased a leather holster, lateral pouch and has a swival clip from BB it protects the entire case easy removal from case. Only issue is that the clip is to low on the case thus off balance. But I love it.
    Last edited by ishore; 08-03-09 at 01:59 PM.
    08-03-09 01:56 PM
    Another thing with those clips is that my seatbelt would knock the phone out of it and it would fall between the seat and the console, and you know what a b***h that is . But I guess if you must have one of those clips check out the ones in the Crackberry Store. They have reviews on some there.
    haha yea i kno how that feels. And i'v checked the store reviews but none of which say if there is damage caused to the phone. Im just trying to find out if anyone has used one and has experienced no cosmetic damage. The phone dropping or falling I have to deal with as my own fault.
    08-03-09 03:09 PM
    The Seidio clips are the way to go - they're spring loaded. Easy in, easy out without defacing your device.

I have the Innocase Surface Extended on mine so scratches and marks aren't an issue. Seidio Innocase Spring Lock holster
    08-03-09 04:15 PM
    I have used and liked the leather Storm BB holster, but nothing compares to the OtterBox Defender Case for protection of the phone (with holster)...and no way to scratch it up.
    08-03-09 04:54 PM
    ay thanks for the feedback.
    08-03-09 08:46 PM
    I have used and liked the leather Storm BB holster, but nothing compares to the OtterBox Defender Case for protection of the phone (with holster)...and no way to scratch it up.
    The Otterbox was definately my first choice for protection - however, I have the Seidio extended battery and Otterbox will not fit it (bummer). I did inquire if they had one to accomodate it - no - and none in the works as of yet. I work 12hr shifts and need the extra battery life to finish my day without being tethered to an outlet somewhere.
    08-03-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD