In the profiles menu, you are presented with sub-profiles for when your blackberry is in or out of the holster. This may be a stupid question but how does the phone sense when it is in a holster so it can switch to that sub-profile or do you have to set it manually before putting the phone in the holster.

also i am considering buying this case for my blackberry curve (otterbox defender series case for the blackberry curve). Does anyone have any experience with this case and would you recommend it

thanks
    01-07-08 04:54 PM
    It's MAGIC!

or Magnets. All joking aside. Place paper clip to the lower side of your holster.

Otterbox comes very highly recommended.
    01-07-08 04:59 PM
    I have 2 gold indents on my phone (8830) and I'm thinking that's the sensor. I could be wrong but it def. does tell when the phone is in the holster. I know when I go to put mine in it immediately blacks out and locks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-08 05:00 PM
    Blacks out? lol

Ok, it's the liquor that does it.
    01-07-08 05:02 PM
    I have 2 gold indents on my phone (8830) and I'm thinking that's the sensor. I could be wrong but it def. does tell when the phone is in the holster. I know when I go to put mine in it immediately blacks out and locks!

The gold indents are for different chargers not the magnet.
    01-07-08 05:05 PM
    I've had the otterbox since November and I highly recommend it.
    01-07-08 05:12 PM
    Yeah and why does the holster settings only work with the stock holster and not with my cellet holster? I want it to be the same no matter what holster. That's always bothered me!

01-07-08 09:21 PM
    It will work with OEM cases as they have the magnet built in that put your BB to sleep when holstered. 3rd party cases may not have magnets in their design

01-07-08 09:50 PM

The 2 small gold plates at the back of your device are actually charging connectors for chargers, usually the "slide and charge" or the "drop and charge" kind of desktop chargers or pods. No need of plugging in your device via any cable or USB which is actually very convenient and easy to use.

As for the magnets in holsters, some after market accessories have this feature. So make sure you are buying the correct holster. Some say it will fit with your device but NEVER take their word for it. Some have magnets but do not have the groove to protect your trackball. That's a big no no right there. Of course unless you purchased a much bigger holster that leaves enough space to accommodate a skinned device, that would do too. The difference with after market and the original RIM's, the latter's magnet are strategically positioned to work perfectly with your BlackBerry model.
    01-07-08 10:33 PM
    Hi,

I have bought a Blackberry Swivel Holster for Pearl 3g - OEM HDW-29557-001.
    It seems good quality and appears to put the phone to sleep when I insert it into the holster. Two questions though, if anyone out there can help:

1. There doesn't seem to be any in-holster profile available as one of the supplied profiles on the phone - I'm running version 6 of the Blackberry OS. Should I be able to view/edit such a profile?

2. There doesn't seem to be any groove in the holster to protect the trackpad. Should there be?
    07-20-11 05:16 AM
    There doesn't seem to be any in-holster profile available as one of the supplied profiles on the phone - I'm running version 6 of the Blackberry OS. Should I be able to view/edit such a profile?
    It's not a separate profile. You can modify the holster performance on each of your existing profiles. On OS6, you would click your profiles icon, scroll to the bottom and click on "change sounds and alerts." Then, scroll to the bottom and click on "profile management." Select the profile for which you want to modify settings. For each type of alert (phone, messages, etc.) in each profile you have "sound" and "tactile" alerts. There you can modify the holster performance for both sounds and vibration for each item on all your profiles except for the "All Alerts Off" profile. That one can't be modified. You can even make profiles of your own. For example, you could make a profile called "Holster."

Also, are you sure about the groove? I never even knew I had one. I looked now and couldn't see it, but then I stuck my finger in there and felt it. It's definitely there.
    07-21-11 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD