Hey Guys

I've been trying to read up on the forum about this but can't seeem to find an answer. I bought a AT&T torch on ebay and it didn't come with a holster. So I also ordered what I thought was a 9800 Holster. The phone fits well in the holster but the magnets don't line up. So even when I lock the phone when I go to slip it in, it unlocks. I'm assuiming all the other cases on ebay are the same as they say they're compatible with various bb. The CB store ones cost like $60 to send up to Canada and CB Canada store doesn't have any for a 9800. I did read that a storm holster will work. Is that true. Thanks for any advice in advance.
    09-05-10 07:43 PM
    I don't think the magnets line up with a Storm holster. Why does it cost so much to send to Canada? I guess everyone wants money.....
    09-05-10 07:48 PM
    This has been discussed in several threads, this is one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...covers-523294/

I am sure the Blackberry OEM holster is or will be available in Canada, it is a great holster. It has been stated the Storm holsters do work.
    09-05-10 07:52 PM
    I don't think the magnets line up with a Storm holster. Why does it cost so much to send to Canada? I guess everyone wants money.....
    disapointing... Ya the holster is only $25 and shipping is like 30 something...kinda too much for just a holster
    09-05-10 07:54 PM
    This has been discussed in several threads, this is one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...covers-523294/

I am sure the Blackberry OEM holster is or will be available in Canada, it is a great holster. It has been stated the Storm holsters do work.
    I'm waiting for the pocket case now.....
    09-05-10 07:55 PM
    I'm waiting for the pocket case now.....
    Me too, you going for the white and pink to match your glock? I kid! Just an H&K guy, gotta get in my shots!
    09-05-10 07:59 PM
    disapointing... Ya the holster is only $25 and shipping is like 30 something...kinda too much for just a holster
    I have heard some say that it does, but I could be wrong. You will have to wait for those using it to chime in.
    09-05-10 08:00 PM
    Me too, you going for the white and pink to match your glock? I kid! Just an H&K guy, gotta get in my shots!
    Yeah, I dig that color scheme!

JasW found the pocket case at MobileCityOnline for $11.99......which is an entertainment vaule!
    09-05-10 08:01 PM
    Yeah, they do line up. Or at least they do with the Storm pocket, so the holster shouldn't be any different.
    09-05-10 08:02 PM
    Okay, but why is the shipping so much? You live out in the sticks?
    09-05-10 08:03 PM
    Yeah I saw his post, I hope the pre-order works out for him, great deal. I got my holster from Amazon for $20, I will wait to see what they sell the pouch for.
    09-05-10 08:03 PM
    Yeah I saw his post, I hope the pre-order works out for him, great deal. I got my holster from Amazon for $20, I will wait to see what they sell the pouch for.
    I did the pre-order as well.....they should ship on the 7th, but not gonna hold my breath!
    09-05-10 08:10 PM
    LOL!
    Hey now, those plastic pistols get good grouping! H&K's are nice too though.
    09-05-10 10:00 PM
    i just ordered my self the oem holster for the torch from ebay for $22 shipping included .. was shipped within 15 min
    09-07-10 11:23 AM
    i ordered one from bberry.com, had it shipped to my buffalo office...but somehow they messed up the shipping address...it come out different then what is saved in my paypal...so i wont be getthing it. But i just did find one on ebay, for 24 and it was only 70cents to ship it?i think they may have done an error but....i'll see if that one comes...from NY to Canada this time
    Last edited by gitchies; 09-07-10 at 12:42 PM.
    09-07-10 12:28 PM
    i ordered one from bberry.com, had it shipped to my buffalo office...but somehow they messed up the shipping address...it come out different then what is saved in my paypal...so i wont be getthing it. But i just did find one on ebay, for 24 and it was only 70cents to ship it?i think they may have done an error but....i'll see if that one comes...from NY to Canada this time
    Be careful with the ebay ones. That's what I got and the magnets don't line up. Make sure it specifically works on the 9800. If its compatible with the 9700 for example it likely won't work. Seems like the storm one might though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 01:04 PM
    Be careful with the ebay ones. That's what I got and the magnets don't line up. Make sure it specifically works on the 9800. If its compatible with the 9700 for example it likely won't work. Seems like the storm one might though.

i was thinking this too .. but the one i ordered .. is the OEM torch one .. with the blackberry symbol in silver on the clip and the little red stiching on one side

these 2 things are what to look for when looking for the OEM torch case

here is the link if anyone else wants to purchase it ... total came out to $22.62 CDN after shipping

for RIM BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800 OEM CASE SWIVEL BELT CLIP on eBay.ca (item 350391754715 end time 07-Sep-10 10:09:18 EDT)
    09-07-10 01:07 PM
    My OEM leather holster from my Bold 9000 fits perfectly and the magnets do their job. I don't think you can get a better holster for the Torch!
    09-07-10 01:12 PM
    My OEM leather holster from my Bold 9000 fits perfectly and the magnets do their job. I don't think you can get a better holster for the Torch!
    thats weird im using the oem 9000 holster right now and the magnets are not working at all
    09-07-10 01:13 PM
    thats weird im using the oem 9000 holster right now and the magnets are not working at all
    Mine works just fine. That is weird. I had seen another post on another discussion about this where someone had that problem.

Does the phone lock when you put it in the holster? Mine does...Maybe you have to reset your profiles to "lock in holster"?
    09-07-10 01:20 PM
    no the screen stays on when i put it into the 9000 holster...
    09-07-10 01:26 PM
    The magnet in my 9000 holster (the one that came with the 9000) works if I put my Torch in the case upside down. I'm going to continue to use it until the Torch OEM pocket case becomes available.
    09-07-10 02:42 PM
    The magnet in my 9000 holster (the one that came with the 9000) works if I put my Torch in the case upside down. I'm going to continue to use it until the Torch OEM pocket case becomes available.
    I've seen the pocket cases (OEM leather type) on a few websites and they show shipping on September 11th.
    09-07-10 02:43 PM
    I got mine on Shop CB the day it was released on the site. No issues with my OEM leather swivel holster.
    09-07-10 03:35 PM
    Anyone notice that the holster is making fine scratches on the top chrome bezel ?

09-07-10 03:50 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD