Thank god for the holster that comes with the phone... I was just out jogging with my 8900 in my workshirt pocket listening to pandora. Than out of nowhere, a freaking flash flood came upon me. Thinking fast, or should I say praying that it might work, I flipped my phone upside down still in the holster with the headphone jack down. I jogged the next mile in said rain still listening. When I got home I took the phone out and there was only the slightest of mosture on the top end of the phone. I'm using it to post this and I see no problems with it. w00t! Thank you RIM for including it with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:05 PM
    Do ya live in good ol' Georgia like me? We've been underwater for a while now.
    09-22-09 08:18 PM
    It's nice that they included it with the phone but it is a known issue that is has a negative effect on battery life. The included case has a flaw in it that pushes the buttons when the phone is in the holster thereby keeping it from going into standby mode properly.

You might want to consider an aftermarket holster.
    09-22-09 08:24 PM
    It's nice that they included it with the phone but it is a known issue that is has a negative effect on battery life. The included case has a flaw in it that pushes the buttons when the phone is in the holster thereby keeping it from going into standby mode properly.

You might want to consider an aftermarket holster.
    ...complete tish and piffle

09-23-09 02:39 AM
    Ive seen this a lot. Is it me or am I the only one who really thinks this is FALSE. As soon as I slip my phone into the hoslter that came with it from AT&T it sleeps without hitting any buttons. I tried using my phone a few days without it and it dies faster then when I have it in the holster. I heard it's because the buttons get pressed or what not. I understand this happening when you first get your phone out the box, the holser will be a bit tight since its never been used prior. But ive had my phone for less than a month and the holster is already broken in. I think after about two days of having the phone it broke in and slips in and out nicely. Not to tight and not to loose where the phone slips out with ease.

I had a question as well...
    Is the Curve Series the only BB that comes with a Holster like this? Cause when I seen people on the streets with a BB and have counted about 1 out of every 10 people use it. Weird maybe I lucked out with a good holster.
    Who knows
    09-23-09 12:33 PM
    Ive seen this a lot. Is it me or am I the only one who really thinks this is FALSE. As soon as I slip my phone into the hoslter that came with it from AT&T it sleeps without hitting any buttons. I tried using my phone a few days without it and it dies faster then when I have it in the holster. I heard it's because the buttons get pressed or what not. I understand this happening when you first get your phone out the box, the holser will be a bit tight since its never been used prior. But ive had my phone for less than a month and the holster is already broken in. I think after about two days of having the phone it broke in and slips in and out nicely. Not to tight and not to loose where the phone slips out with ease.

I had a question as well...
    Is the Curve Series the only BB that comes with a Holster like this? Cause when I seen people on the streets with a BB and have counted about 1 out of every 10 people use it. Weird maybe I lucked out with a good holster.
    Who knows
    You can believe what you want but it is indeed a real issue. Keep in mind that it does not effect all cases/users but the problem does exist. There is a long thread discussing the topic from back in February or March, I believe. You are welcome to search for it and read for yourself. I and a few others were absolutely skeptical at first but after testing the situation with people who did experience the problem the only answer we could come to was the case itself causing problems.
    09-23-09 12:44 PM
    You can believe what you want but it is indeed a real issue. Keep in mind that it does not effect all cases/users but the problem does exist. There is a long thread discussing the topic from back in February or March, I believe. You are welcome to search for it and read for yourself. I and a few others were absolutely skeptical at first but after testing the situation with people who did experience the problem the only answer we could come to was the case itself causing problems.
    By all means I do believe this is happening. Your right, I cant say its completely False because like you said "it does not effect all cases/users". But why wouldn't blackberry fix this issue. I mean its not like its free when you buy the phone. You are still paying for some way or another. Has anyone sent in there complates or try getting another one?
    09-23-09 12:58 PM
    By all means I do believe this is happening. Your right, I cant say its completely False because like you said "it does not effect all cases/users". But why wouldn't blackberry fix this issue. I mean its not like its free when you buy the phone. You are still paying for some way or another. Has anyone sent in there complates or try getting another one?
    RIM is actually aware of it and they are working toward a resolution.
    09-23-09 01:02 PM
    I don't have a prob with it losing battery with mine. BUT I use the holster religously! I also strech the pleather(or whatever it is) the way you would a baseball glove or a leather boot when the phone is not in it. So its a lille looser. But not loose enough to be shaken out. I'm real sure I'd rather have the water repulsion and scratch resistance, opposed to a slight bit more batt life. I'm terrible on phones. I'm an active person, a mechanic, I ride motorcycles. They have a shortened lifespan when I have them.

09-23-09 08:04 PM
    I absolutely love my OEM pouch that came with my 8900. My phone sleeps as soon as it goes into the pouch. And I always slide the phone in the same way. The tag on the inside helps me identify which side goes where

09-24-09 12:27 AM
    I work at the plant tha stiches the powchiz and the original cases that came out in January were stitched by this old guy Jorge that did them all wrong and screwed the magnet up. We've since fix'tit. :P

09-24-09 01:41 AM
    Magnet???? There's a magnet in there? Forn what purpose?

09-24-09 11:30 PM
    Magnet???? There's a magnet in there? Forn what purpose?

Of course there is a magnet, that is what the device detects so that it can go into Holster Mode.
    09-24-09 11:32 PM
    I personally prefer the simply ones without magnets, try from beyza...... they are sleek all leather cases.
    09-25-09 01:02 AM
    Oh, I don�t like the holster....

It scrached my chrome on the bottom of the phone...
    It also made some scratches on the top of the screen...
    The holster is to short for the 8900...

Now, I have a silicon case for protection - best thing I bought for it!
    09-25-09 08:35 AM
    I don't think the BB goes to sleep, but the magnet rather turns the screen off hen putting it in the holster. I might be wrong though.
    09-25-09 01:21 PM
    I don't think the BB goes to sleep, but the magnet rather turns the screen off hen putting it in the holster. I might be wrong though.
    The device goes into stand-by mode when in the holster as long as there is a magnet within the holster for the device to detect.
    09-25-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD