Highly recommend this case.

Extremely easy to take on and off, great feel both outside and inside. Outside has a soft rubberized feel, inside has a soft carpeted feel.

Obviously case isn't full protection, but it doesn't really bulk the device at all and most importantly does not interfere with the keyboard or trackball at all...

Also doesn't really detract from the nice looks of the tour like a lot of cases do.

I'd post pics, but that's kinda pointless since there are videos around:
    10-27-09 09:34 PM
    I've been really considering the snap. Right now I have the innocase II combo. Which is very cool, but it does get in the way of the keyboard.

Question would the snap it work with the snap-in holster?
    10-27-09 10:29 PM
    I've been really considering the snap. Right now I have the innocase II combo. Which is very cool, but it does get in the way of the keyboard.

Sounds like a good question to email Seidio support directly to get a definite answer.
    10-27-09 10:44 PM
    i will email seidio for an answer. if push comes to shove i'll just buy the leather pouch/snap combo.
    10-27-09 10:47 PM
    Does the phone work with the oem charging pod with this case on??
    10-27-09 11:24 PM
    Does the phone work with the oem charging pod with this case on??
    i think you might need the seidio charging pod to work the snap
    10-27-09 11:30 PM
    Yeah I doubt it will work with an oem pod because the case covers the bottom of the phone.
    10-27-09 11:40 PM
    There's a cutout on the back of it that makes the metal contacts accessible, so it's possible.
    10-27-09 11:57 PM
    It's not the accessibility that's the problem, it's the thickness added to the base of the phone.
    10-28-09 12:00 AM

it fits great in my storm innocase holster...
    10-28-09 12:27 AM
    the case looks nice ill give it that, but its rather slippery in the hand. Also the keyboard wears rather quickly and bulges out along with the discoloration of the keys turning white,specially around the trackball. I contacted Seidio and they said they will replace it for me but i wonder if it will do the same thing. I dropped my phone once from about waist level and the case popped open and my phone fell out putting a nice dent on the metal framing that is on the outside edge.
    10-28-09 12:35 AM
    the case looks nice ill give it that, but its rather slippery in the hand. Also the keyboard wears rather quickly and bulges out along with the discoloration of the keys turning white,specially around the trackball. I contacted Seidio and they said they will replace it for me but i wonder if it will do the same thing. I dropped my phone once from about waist level and the case popped open and my phone fell out putting a nice dent on the metal framing that is on the outside edge.
    Are you talking about the same case??

The case has no keyboard component... The case doesn't go anywhere even close to the trackball. The case doesn't open, it's one piece. The case has a textured, rubberized backing, so it's not really slippery.
    10-28-09 12:45 AM

The case has no keyboard component... The case doesn't go anywhere even close to the trackball. The case doesn't open, it's one piece. The case has a textured, rubberized backing, so it's not really slippery.
    I doubt it's the same case, probably referring to the Innocase 360, but the comment does raise the question, what would happen if you dropped the phone with this case? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the purpose of a case to protect the phone when it falls out of your hand or from your pocket? Why get a case that doesn't the protect the phone from drops? Some of these case designs I have seen out there make me wonder if the point of them is to protect the phone only from fingerprints and dust. Wow! Drop the phone and you got a $100+ repair; you can use a $5 mcrofiber cloth to clean up dust and fingerprints!
    10-28-09 01:08 AM
    I doubt it's the same case, probably referring to the Innocase 360, but the comment does raise the question, what would happen if you dropped the phone with this case? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the purpose of a case to protect the phone when it falls out of your hand or from your pocket? Why get a case that doesn't the protect the phone from drops? Some of these case designs I have seen out there make me wonder if the point of them is to protect the phone only from fingerprints and dust. Wow! Drop the phone and you got a $100+ repair; you can use a $5 mcrofiber cloth to clean up dust and fingerprints!
    I would assume you aren't after full body protection in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't look twice at this case.

That said, this offers a balance between protection and not interrupting the keyboard or trackball AT ALL, which none of the other cases do that cover even near those areas. Also it doesn't modify the looks. Any case that covers the bezel near the keyboard interferes with trying to use the edge keys. Any case that covers anywhere near the trackball interferes with rolling.

-Bottom is completely covered. Pretty common to drop the phone and have it land on the bottom.
    -Back is completely covered, so no scratches or damage will happen there.
    -Screen can be protected by a screen protector. Granted it won't stop major impact damage, but most cases don't guard the screen anyways.
    -The very top is covered, unless the phone manages to land on the top-front directly.
    -Left side is pretty much covered, not likely to damage that unless it lands on the front of the left bezel directly.

Odds are you aren't going to end up with a $100+ repair from dropping it with this case on unless you dropped it screen face down on a pointy rock and pretty hard. And again, the bottom line is if you wanted full protection you should be looking at an otterbox or something anyways.
    10-28-09 01:16 AM
    I would assume you aren't after full body protection in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't look twice at this case.

That said, this offers a balance between protection and not interrupting the keyboard or trackball AT ALL, which none of the other cases do that cover even near those areas. Also it doesn't modify the looks. Any case that covers the bezel near the keyboard interferes with trying to use the edge keys. Any case that covers anywhere near the trackball interferes with rolling.

-Bottom is completely covered. Pretty common to drop the phone and have it land on the bottom.
    -Back is completely covered, so no scratches or damage will happen there.
    -Screen can be protected by a screen protector. Granted it won't stop major impact damage, but most cases don't guard the screen anyways.
    -The very top is covered, unless the phone manages to land on the top-front directly.
    -Left side is pretty much covered, not likely to damage that unless it lands on the front of the left bezel directly.

Odds are you aren't going to end up with a $100+ repair from dropping it with this case on unless you dropped it screen face down on a pointy rock and pretty hard. And again, the bottom line is if you wanted full protection you should be looking at an otterbox or something anyways.
    Papped, thanks for your expert thoughts on the matter. I haven't used any case outside the OEM holster, so I am not familiar with the everyday use of a case. I was actually leaning towards getting the Epik case, but then I heard in some YouTube videos, perhaps even another one of Zee's videos, that the case does make it tough for the outside keys. I like the phone naked, but I am just evaluating whether getting a case would give it better protection when I have the phone outside the holster. My concern with the Snap is that I wonder if I'd be better off just holding it in my hand, because I do have the phone in the holster when not in use, except when charging. Perhaps, the Phone Slipper, featured in the CB blogs contest, would be a better idea for protection? Any thoughts on the Slipper?
    10-28-09 02:20 AM
    Its a matter of complete preference, which is the problem. I've had cases I liked a lot, but any case that has anything covering the bezel near the keyboard causes typing problems for me. The thicker the case is, the worse the problem is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 02:25 AM
    Its a matter of complete preference, which is the problem. I've had cases I liked a lot, but any case that has anything covering the bezel near the keyboard causes typing problems for me. The thicker the case is, the worse the problem is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats the same problem Im having with my innocase 360. My typing has slowed and is more inaccurate due to the large edge of the cover blocking the keys. I have to change my hand positions just to hit the enter, del, space, shift, alt and other keys around the edge. Oh, I took off the keyboard cover so that's probably why it doesn't work. The keyboard cover just didn't work with the trackball, I was getting 1/4th the roll I used to with the device naked.

But...killing the kb cover made typing ****.

Argh...time to find a better case...

Dm
    10-28-09 06:32 AM
    has anyone confirmed whether or not this works witht he OEM dock or if you have to buy the Seidio dock? Thanks. I got the Incipio one that is similar to this, but don't like that it doesn't protect the bottom part near the microphone.

EDIT: Also my 100th post and im officially an Abuser!!
    10-28-09 08:03 AM

I apologize, i was reffering to the 360 which is their top of the line case.
    10-29-09 08:46 PM
    i love the snap case. i only use it on the wekends though. i use my epic during the weekdays. offers great protection, imo, esp since i'm throwing it around everywhere. during the weekend, things are slower and not (seemingly as rushed) so i use my snap. it's awesome: shows off the phone and makes it super easy to use, but also prtects the bottom/back/top. good feel too. i have a dock (that i keep at work) so i've never been able to see if it still charges there with the snap on. sorry
    10-30-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD