hello, every one I have a problem some not all avi.videos on my 8900 will not play. the sound will play but the video will not the so i am running is 4.6.1.315
    03-10-10 11:27 AM
    So not all your .avi files will play on your BB? Do they work on the pc, just not the BB? Could be an encoding issue. Although the file states avi, it could be DivX or Xvid, or something the BB doesn't like. You can use the program GSpot to find the file information and compare one that works with one that doesn't work. Do a google search for "GSpot Codec" and you can download the program and check it out. I'd put a link on here but don't have enough posts yet to do so.

I don't think it's an issue with your phone, but the way your video file was encoded. Did you convert it to .avi yourself or d/l it?
    03-12-10 04:00 PM
    That happens sometimes. Download and install this app and run your movies through it before dragging them onto your media card. You can convert avi's to mp4s or just leave them avi's - I had problems with some avi's before I found FF. It will make the files BlackBerry friendly. Post back with your results so people know.
    Download Format Factory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 03-14-10 at 07:10 PM.
    03-14-10 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD