Does anyone know a way to use personal video on the device as a wallpaper for the storm? Or even a third party application that will allow me to do so?
    09-24-09 08:50 AM
    I have been on this forum for a good amount of time, and I have never seen this question even asked. I don't think it is possible, however. Someone correct me if im wrong?
    09-24-09 09:15 AM
    I have been on this forum for a good amount of time, and I have never seen this question even asked. I don't think it is possible, however. Someone correct me if im wrong?
    I was one of the first people to ask this question in the storm forum and that was awhile ago lol and if I remember someone told me that it was possible but it would drain not only your battery but your memory aswell, and who really wants that.
    09-24-09 09:20 AM
    If you phone is set to turn off your backlight and goes into a lock mode after a certian amount of time I don't see why it would run down your battery all that quick. On top of that I use my phone so much with work and school I charge my phone twice a day so I can't see it making a difference. I already use a reset and pull daily to free space. Now that we have that cleared up can anyone actually help me figure out how to use a video as my background. Ive had phones such as the curve and razor that did such a thing and can't begin to understand why a smart phone can't do so.
    Last edited by elleman07; 09-24-09 at 10:25 AM.
    09-24-09 10:19 AM
    How to Convert a Video Into a Gif Animation: 3 steps - wikiHow
    Try this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 12:00 PM
    Thank you Jaxjon I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.
    09-24-09 12:33 PM
    I don't think it's possible to have an animated gif as a wallpaper. I think it will just take the first frame of the gif and display that.

If it is possible I wouldn't advise it though. With a small amount of application memory on our devices you have to conserve as much as you can. This would be consuming quite a bit of memory.
    09-24-09 12:36 PM
    I don't think it's possible to have an animated gif as a wallpaper. I think it will just take the first frame of the gif and display that.

If it is possible I wouldn't advise it though. With a small amount of application memory on our devices you have to conserve as much as you can. This would be consuming quite a bit of memory.
    Yep i agree. Your phone would be dead within a hour lol. But yea i dont see this as a good thing for the storm based on current configuration.
    09-24-09 01:38 PM
    Since there wasn't a definitive answer just yet, bump for update?
    09-28-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD