Hello,

I was trying to put on a screen protector on my phone and I decided to use a little soapy water. I spayed a little on the screen. The phone was powered on. When I unlocked the phone to look at the screen the screen had water in it. The inside of the screen looked wet and it was sorta shaking. What can I do to correct this problem? As on now I have the phone with the battery OUT and he back cover OFF in a bag of rice. How long should I leave it in there? or do you suggest another idea? Does any one know how to get rid of the water from the screen?

Please let me know what to do. I am really worried about this

Thanks is advance to everyone that responds to this thread.
    03-10-09 10:31 PM
    Keep it in the rice for a couple days until it sucks out all the water.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 10:34 PM
    Yes, got to admit, that wasn't the brightest way to put the screen protector on...however keep the phone in the rice with the screen facing down to make sure the water doesnt go through the phone...i usually dont do this rice method, i just keep it with the battery cover off battery out screen facing down on top of a napkin. i keep it on until the napkin doesnt show any wetness (change it every so often) but its never happened to my 8900....i did spill dr pepper on my storm though and this trick worked just fine
    03-10-09 10:35 PM

Roughly, how many days should I leave it in there?....as of now the litmus paper is not pink? Should I leave the back cover off also?
    Last edited by damankam786; 03-10-09 at 11:14 PM.
    03-10-09 10:38 PM

hahah
    03-11-09 03:35 AM
    I had the phone in a rice bag for overnight. I am gonna wait another day and then power on the phone again. Do you have any other ideas that you might wanna suggest Besides this trick?
    03-11-09 12:04 PM
    How long has it been in the rice? Usually a day to a day and a half should be fine.

03-11-09 12:13 PM
    hahah
    What's your beef?

03-11-09 12:14 PM
    That really sucks! Other options might include the little dessicant packs you find in some food products.

I'm not sure where you could find those in sufficient quantities for a job like this though.

03-11-09 12:45 PM
    How long has it been in the rice? Usually a day to a day and a half should be fine.

its going to a day at 12 20 am est time today. should I leave it in the rice bag until friday morning? or should I test when it is about 24 hours? BTW the water is not visibile in the screen when the phone screen power off

03-11-09 12:46 PM
    hahah
    seriously what's wrong with you?

03-11-09 12:47 PM
    I guess jerberry thought this was some sort of joke ... newbs!

Also, sorry to hear that happened to you, I hope it all works out!
    03-11-09 12:54 PM
    I guess jerberry thought this was some sort of joke ... newbs!

Also, sorry to hear that happened to you, I hope it all works out!
    LOŁ BTW aristile do you have any suggestions because I can't stand using this windows mobile MDA

03-11-09 12:57 PM
    anyone suggest a hair dryer?....keep us posted
    03-11-09 12:57 PM
    its going to a day at 12 20 am est time today. should I leave it in the rice bag until friday morning? or should I test when it is about 24 hours? BTW the water is not visibile in the screen when the phone screen power off

I would wait until tomorrow. Sucks you gotta be without you Berry for so long but its best to be safe than sorry!

03-11-09 12:59 PM
    The rice is going to do the best job I think since it is inside your actual device per se. If you do use a hair dryer then be careful as heat is bad for electronics. I would be sure that you do not leave it in one spot for too long. If I were you I would keep it in rice for the allotted time and see how that goes first.
    03-11-09 01:00 PM
    I did not want to do the blowdryer trick becuz I did not want to burn any internal parts or something of that sort.

I am forced to use a winmo device a crappy MDA

BTW does anyone think my device can be recovered?

03-11-09 01:37 PM
    Good Decision! I think you have a really good shot with the rice, it does wonders.

P.S. Don't use the rice after wards!
    03-11-09 01:40 PM
    Good Decision! I think you have a really good shot with the rice, it does wonders.

P.S. Don't use the rice after wards!
    lol no way. I will post back what happens.
    but until then I am open to try new and better suggestions.

03-11-09 01:56 PM
    Hello,

I was trying to put on a screen protector on my phone and I decided to use a little soapy water. I spayed a little on the screen. The phone was powered on. When I unlocked the phone to look at the screen the screen had water in it. The inside of the screen looked wet and it was sorta shaking. What can I do to correct this problem? As on now I have the phone with the battery OUT and he back cover OFF in a bag of rice. How long should I leave it in there? or do you suggest another idea? Does any one know how to get rid of the water from the screen?

Please let me know what to do. I am really worried about this

Thanks is advance to everyone that responds to this thread.
    This very same thing just happened to me lastnight I did the rice trick overnight but it didn't fully absord it. I currenly just have the phone turned off and the battery out. I will put it back in the rice and leave it in for a few more days and see's what happens. I guess I will be using my orig 8100 for the time being. I really hope this work.
    03-12-09 11:26 AM
    Here's a similar problem. Let me point you towards posts #1, #3 and #13!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/all-wet-173922/

03-12-09 11:36 AM
    Good news for me the water from behind the screen as dried up. I had it in rice over night then I had it outside in the sun for couple hrs.
    03-13-09 10:33 PM
    lol @ all this beef and rice talk..where's the gravy??

In the future, when applying screen protectors, I'd just go with following the directions. And if the directions say to spray water or any other liquid on it, I wouldn't use the product.
    03-13-09 10:36 PM
    lol @ all this beef and rice talk..where's the gravy??

In the future, when applying screen protectors, I'd just go with following the directions. And if the directions say to spray water or any other liquid on it, I wouldn't use the product.
    Well I did follow the instructions. This is like my 5th time doing this with other bb's I own and I never had this issue before. That night i did both my 8120 and 8900, somehow the 8900 took in water.
    03-13-09 10:40 PM
    Interesting, I've never heard of spraying on water. Sorry I doubted you, but you'll forgive me if I never try it myself.
    03-13-09 10:46 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD