When I try to holster my phone it goes into standby mode. If I get a message, it will just vibrate,but won't ring. When I receive a call, it will give a quick vibrate (maybe a tenth of a second), and won't ring.
    This happened with the OEM OS, and all the other hybrids. Out of the holster it rings fine. I uninstalled Berrybuzz bcause I thought it might be the root of the problem to no avail.
    09-25-09 10:24 AM
    Have you gone under the advanced menue for sound profiles and made sure you have a ringtone selected to ring at whatever volume for the in holster setting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 11:50 AM
    Yep...it's set to ring in the holster...on high
    09-25-09 12:15 PM
    Ping....does anyone have any ideas?
    09-27-09 07:22 PM
    I think I have narrowed it down to the 5.0 hybrid files...does anyone know which 5.0 file are associated with the ring, so I can delete them and keep my 4.5 ring files?
    10-02-09 02:52 PM
    I suspect your phone is setup to vibrate in the holster and not ring. Double check (or triple check) your profiles.

10-03-09 01:08 AM
    I suspect your phone is setup to vibrate in the holster and not ring. Double check (or triple check) your profiles.

as i posted previously, it is set to ring in the holster...i have tried all of the settings and it still doesn't work
    10-03-09 07:45 PM
    Hmm, perhaps your device is defective.
    10-03-09 10:18 PM
    In Holster setting are different from out of holster settings so always make sure that if you want the profile to do the same thing in and out make sure that you set to just that in and out.
    hope that this helps you.
    10-04-09 12:07 AM
    the settings are right....it i have narrowed it down to the 5.0 hybrid os that i had installed...it works fine without any of the 5.0 files...i think there is a particular 5.0 file that is conflicting with the holster profiles but i don't know which 5.0 file is used for ringing so i can't delete that file in the hybrid before installing...so i'm stuck with 4.5.0.169
    10-06-09 09:15 AM
    I am having a similar problem, though it is only happening with some contacts.
    So far, I know of two contacts who, when they text me while the phone is holstered, the phone vibrates but does not ring. All other contacts so far have not had this issue.
    Both contacts have custom phone ringers assigned, but not custom message ringers. I re-checked my settings, and both of their settings under custom message ringers are the same as all other contacts (unchanged).
    The strange thing is, this was happening on a Tour I returned last week, and had been happening for the last couple of weeks. I'm thinking it started around the time I upgraded the OS to .57, but I'm not positive.
    I returned that phone, got a new Tour, restored all settings from old phone EXCEPT profile settings, and the new phone is doing the same as the old phone.
    I am still on .57 and have never tried leaked OSes on the new Tour or my old one.
    I tried deleting the contacts and adding them back, and that worked for about 5 minutes, then all of their texts were vibrating but not ringing.
    Any suggestions?

EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the 8830WE section. I will repost under 9630 section.
    Last edited by tgaskill; 10-31-09 at 03:51 PM.
    10-31-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD