I e mailed myself a new ringtone from crackberry then saved it. can someone help by telling me where to find it now and apply. I'm new to this stuff
    08-21-10 01:35 PM
    It will be in your ringtone folder in Media. To use it click Sounds and select what you want to assign it to - like Phone, messages etc, click the ring tone and a box will open that has all your ring tones, select the one you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 01:42 PM
    Why don't you download the directly to your berry? You can also highlight the ringtone and select menu/use as ringtone. But as exelant said, you will want to edit your Sound Profiles (the speaker icon). You can click the icon and acroll down to "Set Ringtones and Alerts" which will open a folder to adjust the active profile you are currently running. Or you can scroll to "Edit Profiles" which opens a folder where you can edit all of them and create custom profiles. Just remember to save on exit.

08-21-10 06:53 PM
    And if you want to assign it to a specific contact in your address book, open your address book, click on the person you want to assign a ringtone to, press the menu key and select Edit, then click Phone under Custom Ring Tones/Alerts. Now click the ringtone box and a list of your ringtones will open. Select the ringtone you want to use, click back and save.

08-21-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD