Out of nowhere my Storm stopped ringing on calls and txts. I went into the profiles and realized more than half of the default tones and alerts are not working and the ones that do have horrible sound quality or are sped up. I can play music fine and set a song as a ringtone and it works. I've been running .103 for a few weeks with no issue. Once this happened I upgraded to .109 and the same things happening. I then did a wipe with JL_Cmder and did an install of .103 again. Still no luck. Does a wipe not truly "wipe" everything? Anybody experience this or have any advice?

Thanks, Brian
    02-25-09 11:47 AM
    I have also tried deleting a ringtone module but they were still there after.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
    02-25-09 03:42 PM
    This happened to me on .75 tried everything to get them back with no luck. Plugged it in to charge for the night and the next day everything was back to normal. Ringtones were all there and they all played ok. Don't know how or why. Maybe just give it a day and it will straighten itself out. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
    02-25-09 08:17 PM
    This is happening to me randomly as well. Whenever certain people send me a text/email I get no sound alerting me. I have my sound profile on high and I've even went in contacts and set ringtones for those particular people and yet still no alert sounds, I've done a battery pull if this helps....any help is appreciated, thank you.
    02-25-09 08:33 PM
    So they came back yesterday night but by the time I woke up it was back to being messed up again, what gives? lol
    02-26-09 12:59 PM
    I don't know if we have the same problem, but I was having issues with my ringtones and alerts under .109. I've described my fix here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ph...ml#post1804118
    02-26-09 11:53 PM
    I was having similar issues on .8x builds. Someone found out that 3rd party sounds and ringtones work everytime. I googled some sounds (for texts, email, alarm, mms, bbm ect) and put them on there. I added all new ringtones and it I forgot there was ever an issue.. They work everytime for me now.

mytinyphone.com is a great place for sounds, tones or ringtones
    02-27-09 12:52 AM
    Honestly man, EVERYBODIES Storm seems to be going through that problem. It happens to mine as well. Only thing that seems to fix it is the good ol' battery pull. After that everythings back to normal, but then again outta nowhere randomly it'll happen again sometime down the line and because of that Ill end up missing a call or text. I hope RIM is listening to us, we need a solution to this! This is a serious issue!
    02-27-09 04:10 AM
    I've seen people bring this issue into our store, and the only way I've seen to fix it is to wipe & reload software. Unfortunately
    10-15-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD