well here it is i have an 8900 and i love to stream music using slacker, i have one of those thing-a-migiggers (scientific name) that you plug into the
    headphone port and it sends it to my stereo as an fm signal, and everytime the phone starts streaming music it make some odd noises like the phone is sitting next to a pc, does anyone know how to stop this from occurring
    10-17-09 11:35 PM
    If you mean it's making a deep buzzing sound, then the 3.5MM Adapter that hooks into the Headphone port on the BB may be too long where it cannot fully enter the port..Many cheaper models of FM Transmitters have this problem..One other problem is the inside of the port may be dirty or wet and the same goes with the 3.5MM Adapter..Try cleaing both and see if that helps..Try not to touch the metal part of the adapter either, as the oils from our hands can disrupt the electrical flow thus causing the buzzing sound..
    10-18-09 03:26 AM
    thanks brhino ill give ia try
    10-19-09 01:28 PM
    You bet, let me know if it works..
    10-19-09 08:37 PM
    well buddy on the way to school i tried it but it was a no go, a buddy of mine here at school said that its because of data coming through and the stereo is pick up that signa??? i dont know it does the same thing when i listen to mp3s and i get a message or phone call
    10-20-09 11:36 AM
    It was a no go huh? Alright well usually the only way it makes that sound from a radio frequency would be from an electrical device actually sending the data out itself (transmitting) instead of recieving it..It may actually be the FM Transmitter itself..Did u try a few different stations to see if it works any better? How about moving the phone and Transmitter to different locations in the vehicle? Hope those help a little better lol..
    10-21-09 03:26 AM
    One thing you could try is to cache whatever station(s) you want to listen to on Slacker, then you wouldn't be accessing the network to stream.
    10-21-09 04:56 PM
    I just wish slack/rim (whosever fault it is) can make it so that when data comes in (either email notification or phone call) that it wouldn't skip to the next song.....
    10-22-09 07:38 AM
    its GSM radio interference
    10-22-09 07:41 AM
    i've tried everything it wouldn't be such a prob to judt download music i like but the thing about it is i love the comedy ch!!!! i guess you cant have your cake and eat it too

if it is the device sending data out or gsm radio interference is there anything i can do so that the stereo wont pick it up???
    10-24-09 12:47 AM
    Not from what I understand, if it is sending Data out while it should only be receiving it, there is a problem there..Do you have any other electronic devices on while you are transmitting the FM signal?
    10-27-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD