Hello everyone.

Last week, I happened to be waiting at a restaurant for a friend and just for the heck of it plugged my Ipod headphones into my BB and made a phone call to another friend. My friend was able to hear me and I could hear them through the headphone earbuds. The headphone earbuds does not have a mic attached to them, they only are for listening on IPod...what just happened? When I plugged my Ipod headphones into the side-jack did the phone go into a "speakerphone" type mode or what. Again, no mic on the Ipod earbuds...I checked multiple times. Not a complaint...kind of cool, but just wondered has this happened to anyone else w/ just plain on Ipod earbuds?
    02-14-10 02:55 PM
    As far as I know, the earbuds can be used as a mic as when you'll speak into them, the little speakers will vibrate and change this vibration into electronic pulses that will transfer in the phone like a mic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 07:20 PM
    I have a set of sony earbuds that I picked up @ kmart that do the same thing. I have had people complain it sounds muffled if I put the phone in my pocket though. So I think it just picks up your voice with the regular mic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD