I really don't like to keep my bberry in a case and I'm afraid to drop it cuz it feels so fragile . So I was wondering if anyone dropped their bberry before
    09-23-09 09:07 PM
    I do everyday and like timex it takes a lickin and keeps on ticking. Hightest drop has bee from the third floor at my job and still has minor surface damage. Its built tough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 09:10 PM
    I dropped my pearl once on concrete pavement. Minor cosmetic damage....still going strong!

09-23-09 09:16 PM
    This is why Blackberry is so significantly superior to the iPhone.

I once drop an iPhone approximately 6 inches onto a pile of fluffy kittens. While no kittens were harmed, the iPhone shattered into a million little pieces, just like author James Frey on crack. I was also forced to call out a HazMat team to remove the toxic (and might I add, smug) waste that leaked from each of the little pieces. I was cleaning up fragmented apps for months afterward.

On the flip side, my Blackberry once fell into a pile of large, angry pit bulls from several stories high and amazingly when I retrieved it, it was in even better condition than when I dropped it!!

I luvs my Blackberry.
    09-23-09 09:27 PM

I once drop an iPhone approximately 6 inches onto a pile of fluffy kittens. While no kittens were harmed, the iPhone shattered into a million little pieces, just like author James Frey on crack. I was also forced to call out a HazMat team to remove the toxic (and might I add, smug) waste that leaked from each of the little pieces. I was cleaning up fragmented apps for months afterward.

On the flip side, my Blackberry once fell into a pile of large, angry pit bulls from several stories high and amazingly when I retrieved it, it was in even better condition than when I dropped it!!

I luvs my Blackberry.
    Party at Michael Vick's?
    09-23-09 09:32 PM
    I think If I drop my 8900 it will break , it feels so plasticy and cheap . But its the best phone I've ever owned .
    09-23-09 10:01 PM
    at least once a day. I still rate my screen 9.8/10. That thing is a fortress
    09-23-09 10:17 PM
    No, 'cuz I take care of my stuff.
    09-23-09 10:23 PM
    noo...i dont want to image how my BB going to be :S
    09-23-09 10:33 PM
    I don't want to drop my berry but sometimes it happens.. But only cosmetic. Damage on the crome.. And the berry does not feel cheap what's so ever you want to feel a cheap phone go grab a virgin mobile phones those things feel like they came out of the toy store

09-23-09 11:05 PM
    Yes I dropped it once on a wooden floor but no damage, also brings me back to my old Blackberry Curve 8320 that phone was really slippery in my hands and always I dropped it on the concrete floor minor scratches but phone was going strong.

-Blackberry Built Strong!
    09-23-09 11:18 PM
    Constantly and I don't really care. It's a phone not a Faberge Egg.
    09-23-09 11:21 PM

I luvs my Blackberry.
    Winner.

10char
    09-23-09 11:22 PM
    I dropped my Storm once. I was wearing basketball shorts (because I sleep in them, not because I'm an athlete) and was leaving the apartment to run an errand. I went to get into my car and my phone fell out of my pocket and hit the asphalt from 2-4 feet up. Once I recovered emotionally (after staring blankly at the phone for a few seconds trying to convince myself that I hadn't actually dropped my phone, and that this was just a rock of some sort that ironically resembled my phone), I picked the phone up and it just had a really minor ding on the outside corner. Luckily nothing happened to the screen, and I've babied it ever since.
    09-23-09 11:26 PM
    I dropped my 8900 yesterday getting out of the car. It was in its OEM leather pouch that came with the phone. But it landed perfectly onto the part of the phone that shows when its in the pouch. Now I have 2 nics in the chrome and it angers me cause I'm real meticulous about keeping my phones pristine

09-24-09 12:21 AM
    I have dropped it without a case and the battery cover came flying off. Minor scratch, but I was mad at myself for dropping it in the first place. Since then I have always had it in a case. Still not happy with any that I own and I am still looking for the perfect case.
    09-24-09 12:51 AM
    Nope the times I dropped it I had my Innocase 360 on.
    09-24-09 01:21 AM
    When I put the phone in my pocket and drive, the phone wiggles its way out of my pocket and onto the seat. When I slide out of the van, the phone falls about 4 feet onto the ground. The back has been thrown off on many occasions and the battery can be hard to find on black pavement at night. Each time I find the pieces and put put my phone back together it works just like it did the day I got it.

If my BB is in its silicon case, it doesn't slide out of my pocket while driving and it doesn't fall. How's that for irony...
    09-24-09 01:43 AM
    Yea man right after having my 8900 for about 2-3 days i was walking with it out the case and got into my car. Boom droped ont he floor. I was so pissed i just picked it up and left without looking at it. Finally after calming my self and trying to understand its just a phone looked at it and like everyone says, it had minor damage to were it fell. After that ive been very carefull with it and try and keep it in the case as much as possible. kinda sucks to have those little dings on the chrome so i might just look into a new bezel to replace mines. But yea good luck with trying not to drop it, it will eventually happen
    09-24-09 08:09 AM
    I have only dropped my Bold twice, good thing it was on carpet, I've dropped my 8320 a bunxh of times tho and its still running strong, just a couple scratches, not too bad
    09-24-09 08:30 AM
    I finally dropped myphone for the first time last night at work .. But it was in the case I bought with it . It didn't damage the phone but instead the case got danaged . The one part that makes it snap on the phone broke off . So now the case feels all weird. Having a bberry is scary
    09-24-09 10:03 AM
    Party at Michael Vick's?
    that is so wrong
    but sooooo funny
    09-24-09 10:08 AM
    yeah, i dropped it today actually, headphone lead caught on my bag, as i was taking it off, phone came out of the pocket and hit the floor. little scratch on the bezel. nothing major though.
    09-24-09 10:39 AM
    I'm a total klutz and I try to be careful but I've dropped it before.

My worst drop/fall was when I was getting out of my car in the winter (last winter) and I slipped and skidded on the pavement (face down) and my BB did too. No damage. It's really solid.

Recently, I dropped it on Brick. Fell out of the case (which was old/broken) and now I have a handsome scratch on the bezel. It's only cosmetic and not too noticable.
    09-24-09 11:04 AM
    Pearl owner here. Dropped from t feet up and reset itself. No damage tho!

09-24-09 11:08 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD