Hey everyone. I was trolling for accessories and found a company called Monaco that makes an aluminum case in black or silver. Just wondering if anyone had used it.
    Seems like it'd be pretty decent and rather Spartan...not stylish in any way but I prefer utility and simplistic versus fanciness. And for $25 not to bad on the wallet.
    Any input would be great.
    11-11-09 02:16 AM
    Best cases I ever had. Your phone will look brand new years from now. Easy to use too, just open it like a book. The latch works great, never pops open. Go for it, you wont regret it.
    11-11-09 04:00 AM
    Best cases I ever had. Your phone will look brand new years from now. Easy to use too, just open it like a book. The latch works great, never pops open. Go for it, you wont regret it.
    Does it have a screen covering on the case?? I can't quite tell from the pics I've been finding.

Also, did you notice any adverse effect on signal strength?
    11-11-09 05:12 AM
    Does it have a screen covering on the case?? I can't quite tell from the pics I've been finding.

Also, did you notice any adverse effect on signal strength?
    Yes it has a plastic window embedded in the case (main reason I bought my first one) and no it had no affect on my signal strength. Also, they come wrapped in a gift box and you can try it out with no adverse affect on the packaging so a return would be easy as pie, they wouldn't even know if you tried it or not. Im tellin ya, its a big win no matter how you look at it.
    11-11-09 06:46 AM
    If you know some one with an E71 I have a Monaco black case for it that it will ship conus for 10 bucks to someone who can use it. I made the mistake of getting the E71x before I got the Bold and ATT completely crippled the messaging services on that phone so I had it for 1 week and took it back. Im glad that happened because I love the Bold.
    11-11-09 06:56 AM
    I had one of these for my pearl 8130. It was great until i noticed it messed with my signal reception sometimes....nothing major just a bar less than without it on....but it was an issue while on the road.
    11-11-09 11:28 AM
    Done google on the web and on crackberry. I cannot find one of these for a Curve 8330.

Any link would be appreciated.
    11-12-09 08:05 AM
    How does it do in jeans pockets? ie - does the latch catch and make it difficult to get out? On weekends I am a jeans girl and need my phone!
    11-12-09 08:16 AM
    How does it do in jeans pockets? ie - does the latch catch and make it difficult to get out? On weekends I am a jeans girl and need my phone!
    The edges on the latch are rounded and because the case is very stiff I would think it not to be a problem. I wear chinos every day and I never have a problem. Seems to me if you have tight jeans that some of the plastic or rubber cases will not keep you from bending the phone when you sit or bend over. I should also mention that cleaning and battery pulls take seconds and not minutes because its so easy to open the case. Got some dust? Open it and wipe the screen on your shirt and close it back up. Takes about 5 seconds.

Monaco is kind of exclusive through Cell Phone Accessories at Wholesale Prices - WirelessGround.com. I know CB has a few but try WG first or maybe send Monaco an E-mail and ask who might have the case your looking for. Monaco Cases - Mobile Phone and PDA Cases

Found it: BlackBerry Curve Monaco Aluminum Case - Silver BlackBerry Curve Monaco Aluminum Case - Black
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-12-09 at 11:13 PM.
    11-12-09 11:03 PM
    FYI: the silver one is out of stock there, but in stock here.
    11-14-09 05:36 PM
    thanks for all the help and info. just ordered from wirelessground.
    11-15-09 01:39 PM
    Your welcome, glad I was able to help. Loved mine and I think you will like yours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD