I ordered a replacement phone two days ago, so I figured I had no reason to keep the skin on and to enjoy a bare phone for the next couple days. WOW! do I miss having the skin on the phone (I had Ghost armor) for what ever reason I got used to having the little extra grip you get with these skins. I've dropped my phone 3 times already. I was able to put my phone in front of my speedometer when I drive (for my gps) but now the phone wont stay put.

I cant wait till my replacement skin comes in! along with my new phone
    01-07-09 03:59 AM
    I actually took it off today because I'm preparing to get my phone [and subsequently my Ghost Armor] replaced tomorrow due to a shoddy microphone. Be careful to all - I was taking the piece of plastic at the top where the lock and mute button are, and it almost came off the plastic was gripped so well.
    01-07-09 04:30 AM
    I actually took it off today because I'm preparing to get my phone [and subsequently my Ghost Armor] replaced tomorrow due to a shoddy microphone. Be careful to all - I was taking the piece of plastic at the top where the lock and mute button are, and it almost came off the plastic was gripped so well.
    Ouch, the same thing happened to me when I got my replacement and took off my IS. Plus when I pulled off the scrEen protector it pulled of the screen of the phone. Good things phones can't feel pain
    01-07-09 07:03 AM
    Hey same thing here when I had my 8820 replace! It definately had a better grip with the skin on, but yet its something we might have gotten use to.
    01-07-09 07:07 AM
    The screen protectors make the phone so oily. I took off the shield off tje buttons bec the case keep pulling it off...lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 07:51 AM
    be careful when pulling the protector off of the buttons and screen not to damage your phone.

the buttons feel like they would just pull right off!
    01-07-09 08:36 AM
    What was wrong with your Microphone? I think mine might be defective as well. I took some video of my kids and the sound that played back on the video made them sound like they were talking through a voice changer. But when I use the speaker phone, it sounds normal?

Is yours doing the same thing?
    Last edited by dmcman73; 01-07-09 at 08:51 AM.
    01-07-09 08:47 AM
    be careful when pulling the protector off of the buttons and screen not to damage your phone.

the buttons feel like they would just pull right off!
    That's because they are stuck on with double back tape and can pop right off with enough force. Good old double back tape, it's the duct tape for the technology world.

On a side note, I use the Silcone case from Blackberry and it has a lot of grip to it. I can put it on my dashboard and it won't move at all. Also, it has better protection over the other skins as it is thicker and take a fall. I dropped my phone and the silicone padded it. No damage to the phone or the case. I had a skin on a iPod touch and when I dropped it (on concrete), there was some damage to the skin but not the device.
    Last edited by dmcman73; 01-07-09 at 08:51 AM.
    01-07-09 08:48 AM
    I took mine GA off because I did not like it and am trying BSE since I had prior experience with that product. I hate not having the skin on, the phone feels great nekkid but I miss the grip of the skin and the peace of mind my phone is not scratching the surface I place it on or the device itself.

I tried using the VZW silcone case and it is not very tacky at all comapred to the skins.
    01-07-09 08:58 AM
    took mine off last night, feels so much better without any skin on. although I did rip the plastic piece off from the camera area. lousy double sided tape...
    01-07-09 09:23 AM
    On a side note, I use the Silcone case from Blackberry and it has a lot of grip to it. I can put it on my dashboard and it won't move at all. Also, it has better protection over the other skins as it is thicker and take a fall. I dropped my phone and the silicone padded it. No damage to the phone or the case. I had a skin on a iPod touch and when I dropped it (on concrete), there was some damage to the skin but not the device.
    I can vouch for that. I had a silicone case on my 8830, and one day dropped it about 6 feet and it hit a piece of angle iron then a few inches to the ground. In panic i picked it up. It had cut through the case, and a minor scratch under that was all the damage. On the way home bought another and wont take the phone out with out it.
    01-07-09 09:46 AM
    took mine off last night, feels so much better without any skin on. although I did rip the plastic piece off from the camera area. lousy double sided tape...
    If you need double back tape, this place sells the right thickness for the phone: DSTAPE03 Roll of double sided tape - 3mm- Dopod/O2, LG, Microsoft, BenQ-Siemens, SonyEricsson, Motorola, Sony, Acer, Apple
    I bought a roll of it and it's great, been using it on a bunch of other electronic devices also.
    01-07-09 10:58 AM
    yea i frequently take my silicon case off. its more in an act of being in the mood, but the phone is so solid, i hate to always have the silicon case on it.
    01-07-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD