Im looking to get a good solid case for my Tour since I am a contractor so I will eventually drop my phone and there is dust almost always present on the jobsite.

Ive been looking for some hard cases but nobody seems to carry a full body case. I seen the one on here but it looks like just a back case which does really no good for the corners and the screen. Any ideas or suggestions would be great and if you have the Otterbox case please give me some feedback on it.
    07-21-09 10:07 PM
    I just ordered the Otterbox for the Tour yesterday.

I had an otterbox case for my old BB Pearl, and I also work in construction. It does a great job of protecting the whole phone, especially from dust and dirt.

I accidentally dropped the phone with otterbox case more than 30 feet one day and the phone worked perfectly after retrieving it.

Saintjames
    07-21-09 10:19 PM
    Just orderd mine from the Otterbox website, crackberry didnt have any till 7/31 so I had to order from them.

If anybody has this on thier Tour please chime in on how its working out for you, typing on it, etc.
    07-22-09 08:07 PM
    Mine is being delivered tomorrow. I'll put it on and try to write up a review. I'll post pictures, and maybe a video of it going down my stairs in my house so people who question the cases can see how great they are!
    07-22-09 08:09 PM
    Mine is being delivered tomorrow. I'll put it on and try to write up a review. I'll post pictures, and maybe a video of it going down my stairs in my house so people who question the cases can see how great they are!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who needlessly "tests" their otterbox.

To the OP, IMO there is no better case for those in our line of work. I do AV installs which means I'm constantly in attics and on dusty jobsites. I love the feeling of taking it apart and washing the thick layer of drywall dust off. I know its doing its job. I am confident that WHEN I accidently drop my phone from the attic or ladder that I do not have to worry about it. Its also very convienent to simply toss your phone to someone then having to carefully hand it to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 08:19 PM
    I also ordered mine yesterday with 2 day shipping, hopefully it arrives before the start of next week.

Does anyone happen to know if any retail store sells these or arte they pretty much online only?
    07-23-09 08:03 AM
    cant wait to see pictures of this.
    07-23-09 08:18 AM
    I also ordered mine yesterday with 2 day shipping, hopefully it arrives before the start of next week.

Does anyone happen to know if any retail store sells these or arte they pretty much online only?
    I know that my local VZW Corporate store has them for the Storm so I'm guessing that they'll have them eventually for the Tour.

Like I said, I'll post pictures, a review, and maybe a video today as soon as UPS delivers it and I put it on. Probably around 1200hrs MST.
    07-23-09 08:20 AM
    I know that my local VZW Corporate store has them for the Storm so I'm guessing that they'll have them eventually for the Tour.

Like I said, I'll post pictures, a review, and maybe a video today as soon as UPS delivers it and I put it on. Probably around 1200hrs MST.
    See if u can plug in ur charger with the case on ur phone. I couldn't get it to plug in cause the slot they made on the shell was too small

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD