im a paramedic, as as such, im forced to zip tie my Blackberry Holder to my duty belt so it doesn't fall off during my duty tours at work.

i'm looking for a soltuion similar to the blackberry top load cases but one with a 2-3" clip. the blackberry clips are like 1.5" and others share similar lengths.
    05-25-08 10:36 AM
    You might find something you could use as an adapter at a police uniform supply place. That's the best I can think of.
    06-04-08 02:51 PM
    Another thing to consider: bb's are very intolerant of water. They come with moisture sensors, and water intrusion voids your warranty. I can't recommend any particular case, but you need to consider water/dirt protection given your working environment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 03:08 PM
    Yeah, I never found a holder that would fit my Duty (garrison) belt. So far, just keep it in my pocket. Always "tussing" with people, the BB will get destroyed...

OEM BB holder won't even lock properly on my uniform belt. Bah....
    06-04-08 04:14 PM
    Ideas that have worked for me in the past:

Some of the pager/recorder cases you can find at Gall's make good all-purpose holders. Used to keep a pair of compact binocs in one.

Also, larger glove pouches, dump pouches, or some of the modular vest pouches could work.

I know the notepad holder on some of the radio carriers looks promising.

I bet Otterbox probably has something right up your alley too.

06-04-08 10:25 PM
    Speaking about galls they have a little accessory that goes onto your duty belt and then reduces for a 1.5 pager/holster attachment.

06-04-08 11:10 PM
    No, I've read in an Otterbox thread that police/firemen also have the wide belt problem.
    06-04-08 11:10 PM
    I use a lot of Maxpedition gear. I have one on my duty belt that will fit my berry. Can't remember the name/model of it though. I bet if you search around their site you can find something to your liking! Good luck!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 01:06 AM
    Galls used to sell a pager keeper which was just 2 belt keepers connnected by a strip in the shape of an H. I image it would only take a few mins to make one if they dont sell it anymore.
    06-05-08 05:23 AM
    Speaking about galls they have a little accessory that goes onto your duty belt and then reduces for a 1.5 pager/holster attachment.

Hmmm...Now that would be useful...

Searching now.

So hard to find stuff for phones as we can't have nylon, has to be smooth leather (or maybe a cool rubber) and I like it to look sharp. So, It has to be somewhat matching.

I wish Otterbox would would step up to the LEO/Fire/EMS needs and alter theirs. It's pretty appropriate otherwise.
    06-05-08 11:11 AM
    Perfect Fit Pager Keeper. Pager Keeper

is the pager keeper... $10 bucks of the web... galls doens't have it individually...

im going to keep looking toward a blackberry orientated one... i've seen one that was made for a Iphone that also had a 7130 BB case... perhaps the manufacturer

5.11/VTAC™ C4 Case - M (Phone/Blackberry) - TE612 : Galls

awesome, but works of a molle system and NOT for duty belts, can it be adapted?
    06-05-08 06:45 PM
    This is the Maxpedition I was talking about that I use:

4 - 5" CLIP-ON PHONE HOLSTER - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR� (Primary innovator and premier manufacturer of outdoor, hunting and tactical nylon gear)

The have it in different sizes - from 3.5" in height to 5" in half inch increments. I find that the 4.5" one works well with my Curve. If you can't use nylon then I guess you're SOL from Maxpedition, don't think they make leather stuff.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 07:04 PM
    i just purchased one... thanks for the info!
    06-05-08 09:30 PM
    I and friends in the past have had bad outcomes with maxpedition... I am not going to get into it, but the company has no trust.......

I have several cases and bags from them and all the label that represent the company have been cut off......

When I wear my 5.11 operator belt, which is mst of the time, my BB is in my pocket or I am using it....
    06-05-08 09:53 PM
    well thank god i used a secure credit card number thru pay pal..
    06-06-08 07:35 PM
    I work as a leo and use the pager holder on my rig. With it u can use any case or holster you'd like.

06-07-08 01:23 PM
    When I was a reserve deputy I made my own cases for a couple of belt tools/accessories. If you've ever done leather work I'm sure you could make one out of stout leather, sized to accommodate a rubber protective cover on the BB, and use a good traditional chrome or brass snap for the flap fastener. Of course, if all your gear is nylon this wouldn't match...but there's nothing more protective than heavy leather all around.
    06-11-08 01:35 PM
    FYI -
    I love the OtterBox concept - I have ordered one, but it is very apparrent the belt clip will not fit a duty belt. I inquired with OtterBox - they are working on a duty belt friendly clip for us ....
    09-22-08 04:46 AM
    That would have to be a big clip. They'd still break off easily I think rollin with someone. Asking a lot but it would be nice if they made a real duty belt holster it could slide into.
    09-22-08 08:48 AM
    Yep something like that personal cpr mask that slide onto your belt. Of course fitted for the bb.

09-23-08 07:27 PM
    I work outdoors year round in all kinds of weather. I also have done volunteer EMS service for about 20 years. I have found a case for my 8330 that is made by "RIPOFF" a Division of U.S. Armor Company from Lancaster, PA that is a totally enclosed padded case that does an excellent job of protecting my BB. It is a padded nylon case that even has a sleeper magnet in it for the BB. This case keeps it clean and dry in ALL situations. It has a heavy duty steel non-swivel clip on it that fits up to a 2 1/4" belt. I have been using one for some time and am very satisfied with it. It can be found in some public service equipment catalogs or search for it online as it is sold a number of places. I have no connections with the company but am a satisfied customer of one of their products.
    09-23-08 09:22 PM
    Nice find man...

Ripoffs Brand Cell Phone & 2-Way Radio Cases & Pouches

Wish they were leather to match my other stuff... sigh....

Hmmm...
    09-23-08 11:31 PM
    BB in a semi/hard case like the seidio and a pouch from NiteIze.com works fairly well (doesn't help if you need leather of course). The slim case is nice and small for off-duty.

For leather, if you find something like a Vertik clam-shell case or flap case with a wide, sewn-in clip that won't rip off, drill a hole in the top of the clip and run a black wire tie through the hole and around the belt--behind the clip and over the face of the clip--stays hidden (if it doesn't have an optional d-ring for a lanyard).

Mail from otterbox is that they are working on a large clip and keep checking the web site. Might be worth asking them to do a notify when it is out (or maybe just mail the crackberry store [mods?] when one is avail).

-Berry
    09-24-08 01:42 PM
    I use a leather glove pouch from Aker Leather. It keeps my 8330 with seidio case covered and I have been in a few scuffles and nothind has happen to the 8330 in it.

09-24-08 06:23 PM
    Seeing a couple of those... on different sites includingtheir own.

Any of these the one you're referring to? The one with the snap looks great, but being for a standard pager, don't think a BB would fit that one...

Aker Leather Latex and Surgical Glove Pouches
    09-25-08 01:56 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD