can anyone comment on the hard two piece rubberized case? does it add much bulk? i like to keep my BB in my front pocket.

here's an example:
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 Rubber Coated Hard Plastic Case - Light Purple
    01-18-09 03:30 PM
    I am not a fan because it adds to the overall bulkiness of the device. However, I'm all for protecting your investment so if it works for you, go for it.
    01-18-09 03:34 PM
    I've had the RIM rubberized and now I'm using a Seidio two piece hard case. Honestly they both have their ups and downs. They have the same bulk, I keep my phone in my front also. The hard case slides in easier than the resistant rubber. My biggest issue with the two piece hard is whenever I drop my bold the case explodes into two, leaving the phone vunerable. Recently it took a nasty fall out of my lap onto concrete and slid after the case exploded off, really peed me off... Just my two cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 03:43 PM
    I am not a fan because it adds to the overall bulkiness of the device. However, I'm all for protecting your investment so if it works for you, go for it.
    the bulkiness is what worries me. i have a smart skin on the way, i just want a back up skin.
    01-18-09 03:50 PM
    I've had the RIM rubberized and now I'm using a Seidio two piece hard case. Honestly they both have their ups and downs. They have the same bulk, I keep my phone in my front also. The hard case slides in easier than the resistant rubber. My biggest issue with the two piece hard is whenever I drop my bold the case explodes into two, leaving the phone vunerable. Recently it took a nasty fall out of my lap onto concrete and slid after the case exploded off, really peed me off... Just my two cents

do you find the two piece very bulky?
    01-18-09 03:51 PM
    Not at all, barely much of a difference from the rubber case, you just need to jusify the price differences imo

01-18-09 03:52 PM
    no it does not add much bulk at all, i went through the same decision with my curve and im very happy i went with the hard shell.
    01-18-09 03:53 PM
    i have to two piece rubberized, i dont like it because it scratches the crap out of the chrome bezel due to dust that collects inside.
    01-18-09 04:07 PM
    i have to two piece rubberized, i dont like it because it scratches the crap out of the chrome bezel due to dust that collects inside.
    i think that's enough for me to not get the two piece.
    01-18-09 04:22 PM
    I really really like the blackberry skin. Not much money and there's a pretty good trade-off between protection and bulk. It's not invincible, but it's also not the size of a brick.
    01-18-09 06:49 PM
    I have a clear hard plastic case that covers the screen which is what I want to really be protected.
    01-18-09 06:51 PM
    I went through the same decision making process, and I ended up getting the cheap soft silicone case off Ebay. My wife ordered a pink one off Ebay that same day. Her pink case is perfect -- it has all the right slits and curvature to allow perfect functionality. My black one, on the other hand.. I had to cut slits in it for the LED/Light sensor, another cut to widen the hole for the trackwheel, and it just barely hinders the charger from plugging in at times. Needless to say, I'm still shopping for a perfect case. I hear the otterbox cases are really great, but I don't wanna spend it right now.
    01-18-09 07:01 PM
    As much as I want to Protect my Bold, this is why I no longer buy any Skin. I found this out back when I had my iPod 30GB.
    01-18-09 08:20 PM
    no it does not add much bulk at all, i went through the same decision with my curve and im very happy i went with the hard shell.
    Hey man-I'm really struggling with the Bold vs. 8900. That fact AT&T doesn't have the 8900 till Feb or March makes the decision a little easier. Especially if I accidentally drop my 8310 in the sink or something (wink wink) how does the Bold feel to you after the curve?

01-18-09 08:40 PM
    I also like the RIM skin. I take the BB and my holster most of the time but I also carry the skin for when I have to travel or know I am going to want my Bold in my hand alot.
    01-18-09 10:37 PM
    Check out my video review on the Case-Mate Smart skin
    01-18-09 11:48 PM
    Check out the link for a forum on the case mate smart skin. It's a really nice & durable skin that covers the keyboard as well. I've had mine for a few weeks now and am very pleased.

There are some pics posted as well & check out the video review on it as well posted by JReel.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/sma...d-case-120564/
    01-19-09 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD