I've seen these USB Hand Crank chargers for as little as $3 online. I was wondering if anyone has tried them? Seems like a great emergency battery charger to keep in the glove compartment, but if it simply wouldn't work at all then it's not worth messing with.
    03-04-10 08:20 PM
    I've seen these USB Hand Crank chargers for as little as $3 online. I was wondering if anyone has tried them? Seems like a great emergency battery charger to keep in the glove compartment, but if it simply wouldn't work at all then it's not worth messing with.
    Wouldn't a car charger be a better solution? I see them for as little as 10 bucks.
    03-04-10 08:35 PM
    Of course a car charger is better. But this would be for situations where you can't use a car charger. I drive a FedEx truck all day, and I had to install a cigarette lighter which barely works anymore. So I don't even take my charger with me in the daytime usually. This hand crank charger is very small, and would be great if you got stranded for hours, or if your car died and didn't have battery power for some reason.. or camping?
    03-04-10 09:08 PM
    Of course a car charger is better. But this would be for situations where you can't use a car charger. I drive a FedEx truck all day, and I had to install a cigarette lighter which barely works anymore. So I don't even take my charger with me in the daytime usually. This hand crank charger is very small, and would be great if you got stranded for hours, or if your car died and didn't have battery power for some reason.. or camping?
    Got it, didn't think of all those things. I guess I read too much into the "battery charger to keep in the glove compartment" part of your post. That's my fault and I apologize for the short-sightedness of my post.
    03-04-10 09:22 PM
    No biggie. I'm not one to get upset on message boards.. lol.
    03-04-10 09:29 PM
    Hey I believe I saw a solar powered charger which would probably work great for that purpose (the fed-ex truck). I don't recall where I saw it but I'm sure its out there. Probably isn't $3.00 though. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 07:14 AM
    you need around 10 minutes of charging to make any difference in battery life. either wall or hand charger. can you really crank that thing for 10 mins? also, these things sound like an electric screwdriver, although much quieter.

go for an external usb charger. I would recommend one with 1000mah 5v output like the ''gum'' or ''gum pro'' although they are like 60USD
    03-05-10 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD