I love these things! I used it with my Bold and while its not as easy to take in and out of the charger like the Bold (The Bold's uses charging contacts while the Storm uses the USB connection) it makes a great alarm clock holder and desktop charger. I'll post pics if anyone wants to see it, but it looks just like the pictures on the sites offering them. I picked it up from ebay for $20 which I thought was a pretty good deal.
    11-03-09 04:05 PM
    Pics pics pics
    11-03-09 04:06 PM
    I am interested in pics too. Will it link to Desktop Manager on your computer or just charge?
    11-03-09 05:33 PM
    I love these things! I used it with my Bold and while its not as easy to take in and out of the charger like the Bold (The Bold's uses charging contacts while the Storm uses the USB connection) it makes a great alarm clock holder and desktop charger. I'll post pics if anyone wants to see it, but it looks just like the pictures on the sites offering them. I picked it up from ebay for $20 which I thought was a pretty good deal.
    I bought mine for the same price on Ebay yesterday. Should be here tomorrow.
    11-03-09 05:37 PM
    Yeah I was considering one to mount in my suburban. Right now it sits in my cupholder and annoys me when I have to charge it. Pandora sucks battery life pretty well too, so this way I can charge it too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 05:43 PM
    where are the pics man???!
    11-03-09 07:24 PM
    I bought mine for the same price on Ebay yesterday. Should be here tomorrow.
    who was the seller....i would like to get one for 20 bucks
    11-03-09 07:39 PM
    so basically you have to line it up and cram it in and yank it out every time you want to use it/remove it? compared to the tour where it rests in all nice and easy like?
    11-03-09 08:19 PM
    who was the seller....i would like to get one for 20 bucks
    Check amazon, Saw one yesterday for sale but they are sold out now

I am interested in pics too. Will it link to Desktop Manager on your computer or just charge?
    if its the same as my 8900 directions said DO NOT connect via usb
    so basically you have to line it up and cram it in and yank it out every time you want to use it/remove it? compared to the tour where it rests in all nice and easy like?
    Storm doesn't have the same charging contacts. And cramming and yank wouldn't be nice to your berry.
    11-03-09 08:32 PM
    This is going to be one of the first things I buy.

Like the original poster, I used the charging pod for the Bold and loved it.
    11-03-09 09:16 PM
    I love these thing I wish the storm had the charging contacts instead of plugging in the usb port though

11-03-09 10:18 PM
    I just ordered 2 for myself directly from Verizon. I get 25% off accessories so I decided to get one for my room and also one for my truck. I sold my ipod when I bought my iphone which I also just got rid of to go back to Verizon. Now I can always cradle my Storm2 when I use it as my new MP3 player!
    11-03-09 11:05 PM
    Pics dude!!!
    11-04-09 09:01 AM
    Another question, how tight is the fit? Does anyone know if it would fit in the Blackberry OEM silicon case?
    11-04-09 10:28 AM
    it wont fit with any case......although you can get them on crackberry from seido where they are designed to fit with a case
    11-04-09 11:24 AM
    +1 to adding the charging contacts. I would have prefered the contacts be on the sides at the bottom just like the 9700. I dont think laying this thing sideways is such an added benifit.
    11-04-09 11:55 AM
    Sorry for the delay on pics. I'll post them up tonight. Yeah, it is a very tight fit and its not something you're going to want to keep putting in the dock and removing it. I basically got it to use my Storm 2 as an alarm clock when I travel.

It fits tight and would be a pain to keep yanking in and out of it. It looks great mounted on a nightstand though!

11-04-09 01:07 PM
    +1 to adding the charging contacts. I would have prefered the contacts be on the sides at the bottom just like the 9700. I dont think laying this thing sideways is such an added benifit.
    I wonder if the shape of their bezel had anything to do with their decision to go sideways with a usb dock versus upright with contacts. I am trying to picture exactly how the dock would look, and with the heft of the phone vs the shape of the cornering, it wouldn't be a very sturdy stand. I would think to make it more sturdy the dock would have to "hug" the base of the phone better, thus covering the buttons.
    11-04-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD