i have my tour full body skinned with invisibleshield but i have to send the phone back and they are sending me a new one. it cost me quite a bit to get it skinned at best buy and dont want to spend that much money again.

was looking into ordering some cheap screen protectors(just the screen probably) from ebay but i have no idea which ones are any good.

can someone please advise me on this? thanks.
    03-07-10 02:14 AM
    seidio screen protectors they go on 1-2-3 cant even tell its on. protects perfect and installed in less then 10 seconds.
    03-07-10 02:21 AM
    walmart sells decent generic ones, they are a 5 pack that you cut to size and shape you need. I can easily get 2 cut from one sheet for my curve. i have had one on my 8330 for a month now, and it's still looks like new. had one on my old samsung link for 3 months and it only had light scratches.

they are in a black and blue package, made by "WriteRight" they were only $10 Cdn so prob only $7 or $8 usd.
    03-07-10 03:22 AM
    I have always used the privacy screens from the verizon store. I had one on my curve, from when I got it to when I sold it. Now I have one on my Tour.

I think they run about $12, but they are the ones that prevent people sitting/standing next to you from seeing your screen, and like I said, if installed correctly it should last the lifetime of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 07:53 AM
    I have always used the privacy screens from the verizon store. I had one on my curve, from when I got it to when I sold it. Now I have one on my Tour.

I think they run about $12, but they are the ones that prevent people sitting/standing next to you from seeing your screen, and like I said, if installed correctly it should last the lifetime of the phone.

The Verizon privacy screen protectors are very good, but pricey. The free one that comes on every Tour 9630 works pretty good by itself, jut peel off the smaller sticker with writing on it, trim the little tab and you are good to go. I also got a free screen protector with my Epik transparent resin gel case on ebay ($4.99 w/free shipping). Ebay seller DCMUGEN also sells standard, privacy and mirror screen protectors.
    03-07-10 08:06 AM
    Check out amazon, I got a 5 pack for 2.99 shipped last week

03-07-10 08:52 AM
    If they are sending you a new one it is free so why would you want another?
    Also, try best skins ever.....apparently a fraction of the cost for the same quality.
    03-07-10 08:59 AM
    [QUOTE=Tony Bag O Donuts;4791052]If they are sending you a new one it is free so why would you want another?
    Also, try best skins ever.....apparently a fraction of the cost for the same quality.[/QUOT]

I second this, BSE are so much cheaper in price and they exactly the same as Zagg. Even down to all the orange peel.

I just ordered Phantom Skinz for my Tour, used a discount code so I got the interent special of two full body skins for $16 shipped. I have heard Phantom has the least amount of orange peel out of all of them.
    03-07-10 10:12 AM

i heard people complain about the verizon ones scratching very easily. i remember reading someine saying that they were putting it on with a credit card and as they swiped the credit card across it scratched the protector.

so yours wasnt bad? if not i am buying one today, lol
    03-07-10 11:34 AM
    the phantoms are hard to install, i was 0 for 3 on them
    03-07-10 09:16 PM
    Zagg...put one on my Bold 18 months ago and it is still doing the job. Might be more expensive initially but over time the cost breaks down to very cheap.
    03-07-10 09:40 PM
    its just that im horrible at installing them so i hate paying alot for them
    03-07-10 10:00 PM
    clarivue is kind of pricey but was really easy to install with no bubbles at all. maybe buy the epik screen protector with the case. its a $1 from justin
    03-08-10 12:34 AM
    its just that im horrible at installing them so i hate paying alot for them
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that couldn't apply these things! I got so frustrated with them, I just decided to forget it. Now, I just use a Seido case with the holster, so the screen is protected when it's in my pocket. I took interest in your thread because I was curious to see if there were any decent screen protectors I could spend a few dollars on & try again. I bought a decent one from Amazon pretty cheap and I messed up the installation of it. Learned the hard way of why you need more than 1! I bought the privacy from the Verizon store and I screwed up that one, too. How in the world do you apply these things?!
    03-08-10 02:05 AM
    Screen protectors at Verizon store.
    03-08-10 03:33 AM
    idk trj they are mad hard. i either pay the ridic best buy price which is like 10 or 15 to do it or i have my friend do it for me. the ones in the mall suck btw at those little kiosks, they all look like ****.
    03-08-10 08:49 PM
    monoprice dot com sells them now (sorry... I only have 4 posts so I can't post the url). I just ordered one for my 9000 and even the silocone case.

No idea of the quality, but for under $2... I'll chance it.
    03-19-10 06:32 AM
    I tried one from seidio on my first tour. I did just ok on it. A few bubbles I couldn't get out. But I crapped the cover when I had to replace my Tour for a green dot Tour. For that one, I left the factory cover/protector on and just carefully snipped the extra little tab off with little scissors. Works fine. And free.
    03-19-10 09:01 AM
    I have tried the milanos and body guardz, both worked pretty nice, just gotta make sure you don't get those air bubbles
    03-19-10 03:24 PM
    i just went out and bought the ones from Walmart, im pretty happy with them, they do the job and it was cheap..
    03-20-10 05:21 PM
    I bought a 3M screen protector off ebay for like $3. Its really nice and thick and I've dropped my phone a few times with no scratches to the screen. I ordered 11 VIP anti-static screen protectors for the curve and it was only $5 with shipping. I think I bought a full body coverage kit like the one your looking for from "Best skins ever".
    03-23-10 05:13 AM
    Of the various screen protectors I tried in my pre-Otterbox days, the Palm branded ones were by far the most durable and best adhering of any I found.
    03-24-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD