The otterbox is a little expensive for me right now. I'm looking for a case and or pouch. I have heard some support sleep mode? What kind does? And also what excatly is the benefit of it? Thanks for your input!
    07-20-08 09:07 PM
    The OEM pouch that came with your device?

The OEM holster... a number of holsters on CB have sleeper magnets as well
    07-20-08 09:09 PM
    This will sound dumb but, will that flap on the back of it let it go through my belt? Also what does the sleep mode do?
    07-20-08 09:13 PM
    The sleep magnet in a holster puts your device into sleep mode. This saves battery. Once you place your device in a holster with a sleeper magnet... it activates any 'In-Holster' settings you have for your active profile, it shuts off the screen and backlight and makes all accidental key presses inactive
    07-20-08 09:18 PM
    Cool. I need to set up my in holster stuff then. Thanks!
    07-20-08 09:26 PM
    Well it won't go into sleep mode, per say. When you put it in the holster it shuts the screen off to save power, and while its in there it activates the "in holster" settings in profiles. I would use the one that came with the phone since its poor quality and you cant attatch it to your belt or anything. I bought one thats blackberry brand from best buy and it cost me thirty dollars. It has a swivel belt clip and it really is the shizz. Here's a link for ya:

BlackBerry - Vertical Case for BlackBerry 8300 Smartphones - Black - 82812BB

Of course mine's slimmer since I have the pearl and not the curve like in the link, but everything else is exactly the same. Great quality!
    07-20-08 09:27 PM
    ? What's this do not disturb option under phone for in holster? What will that do?
    07-20-08 09:32 PM
    Take a look in the CrackBerry Store... plenty of great cases in there!
    07-20-08 09:32 PM
    Well it won't go into sleep mode, per say. When you put it in the holster it shuts the screen off to save power, and while its in there it activates the "in holster" settings in profiles. I would use the one that came with the phone since its poor quality and you cant attatch it to your belt or anything. I bought one thats blackberry brand from best buy and it cost me thirty dollars. It has a swivel belt clip and it really is the shizz. Here's a link for ya:

BlackBerry - Vertical Case for BlackBerry 8300 Smartphones - Black - 82812BB

Of course mine's slimmer since I have the pearl and not the curve like in the link, but everything else is exactly the same. Great quality!
    Cool I will look into that and the oem will do for now!
    07-20-08 09:34 PM
    I just put that link there so people knew what case I was talking about. I bet its actually cheaper if you buy it from crackberry. Do not disturb is just that, if you get alerts or calls of any type, if you have DND set to yes then you wont be alerted at all, (i think that includes the LED light). You will have the notifications like normal, but it wont vibrate, ring, show the led, etc.... yay!! I hope I've helped.
    07-20-08 09:35 PM
    Yeah that's what I need when I'm @ work so I'm not tempted to use my berry. And what cases on the CB store have sleep mode? I looked but couldn't tell
    07-20-08 09:39 PM
    So there is a case that is 14 95 that looks promising, but the reviews say the clip breaks off a lot. Is there a warranty or anything on these?
    07-21-08 06:03 AM
    Yeah that's what I need when I'm @ work so I'm not tempted to use my berry. And what cases on the CB store have sleep mode? I looked but couldn't tell
    I THINK they all do. If you aren't sure then get one that is Blackberry brand and I know that it will have the "sleep" mode for sure. They do have some sort of warranty, maybe we can get a mod to verify my information?
    07-21-08 07:40 AM
    I THINK they all do. If you aren't sure then get one that is Blackberry brand and I know that it will have the "sleep" mode for sure. They do have some sort of warranty, maybe we can get a mod to verify my information?
    Some cases definitely do not have a sleeper magnet, not sure why

Check the description and it should mention something about it
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-cases.htm

For example, one of the descriptions stated :

It also features intuitive proximity-sensing technology: it has the smarts to recognize when your device is inside its case, so it can shut off the screen to maximize battery power.
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-21-08 at 07:49 AM.
    07-21-08 07:45 AM
    Some cases definitely do not have a sleeper magnet, not sure why
    I bet some people freak out that there phone turns off right when it gets put in there. Even though thats what its supposed to do I bet some people just don't accept that.
    07-21-08 07:50 AM
    wouldnt sleep mode be the same battery savings as standby?
    07-22-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD