I'm a Captain on a ferry boat and am outside in really disgusting weather for three quarters of the year. My 8350i in invaluable to me because we use nextel to communicate between boats rather than using the marine radio for chit-chat. I NEED A GOOD CASE!!! Anybody have any good suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    04-16-09 10:34 AM
    Otter box would be my choice. Bulky but built like a tank

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 10:40 AM
    i think he needs something water resistant....... i will search and see what i can find
    04-16-09 10:45 AM
    I've had mine out in the rain and it has gone through a few fires. Haven't tried to dunk it yet. I think the otter box web site has some water resistant ones

04-16-09 10:48 AM
    well it would suck if the deck was full of water and id fell on it.... or i dropped my BT ear piece into a livewell (saltwater and it still worked). i found this, not very stylish, but water PROOF.

http://shop.crackberry.com/aquapac-handheld-case/4A104A593.htm
    04-16-09 10:55 AM
    Lol I was going to say how bout one of those baywatch type radio holders

04-16-09 11:09 AM
    Thanks. I appreciate the input!
    04-16-09 11:43 AM
    I think short of a dry bag, which would make the phone unusable, the OtterBox is the way to go.

I just installed mine and am looking forward to testing it on the motor at work.
    04-16-09 09:41 PM
    If your on deck in the driving rain, the otterbox isn't going to totally keep the phone from getting trashed. There's a hole in the keyboard cover for the trackball that will allow water spray to get to the phone. The otterbox is intended to protect the device against impacts and it does a fine job at it. But, while it does protect the phone from the occasional water splash, it won't help with driving rain or any of the other fugly weather you encounter on deck. The trackball is the weak link on these things. I work out side as well and my otterbox does it's job well, but if I'm possibly going to get soaked, the BB gets the ziplock bag treatment or I just leave it in the truck.

Last edited by Jared1107; 04-17-09 at 01:20 PM.
    04-17-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD