So i took some great videos and now I want to combine them / edit them in Windows Movie Maker. One problem - they are not in the right format. (they are in .3gp)

The only media player i can even open them up in is QuickTime which I can watch but not make edits. I have a pc, not a mac (dont even get me started).

How can I get my files to open in win movie maker?
    08-03-09 10:54 AM
    download "Any Video Converter" for free...convert the files and you're good to go...at least thats what i do...i edit videos in adobe premiere pro...i had the same problem
    08-03-09 11:00 AM
    what should I convert it to? I want to edit with WMM and upload to youtube...
    08-03-09 11:23 AM
    figure out what WMM supports

when i edit in Adobe Premiere i always edit AVI files then i convert them to MPEG-II before i upload them to youtube because AVI is a huge file and will take forever to upload...mpg is a big difference in file size lol
    08-03-09 12:04 PM
    i downloaded your recommended software (any video converter) but it will not convert the file without me uploading to Pro (paid) version. I thought you said it was free!
    08-03-09 08:47 PM
    nevermind, i got it. at least i got the video to convert. audio doesnt work though in the coversion. grrrrrr
    08-03-09 08:53 PM
    Don't you think before you give advice on something you should know how to do it yourself? I've been fightin with windows and BB formats for a min. Now. I even made nice slide show with pics and some audio with windows movie maker. It consisted of about 12 pictures and alittle over a min worth of audio. With just that the file was to big to do anything with it was like 4mb. then I edited a few things to make it under 2mb so I could Email it. I transferred file for PC to storm using Media Manager when I looked on SD to send my little movie all I got was sound... This is pretty sad what I had to do next. I played the file on PC and I used my storm to Rec the little movie of the monitor...ha ha talk about HD...when u figure it UT plz let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 02:58 AM
    I use a free program called Free Studio Manager to convert my .3gp files into a file that windows movie maker can handle.

Free software: video converter, ipod converter, mp4 converter

when you open the program:
    Click on DVD and Video
    Click on Free 3gp video converter

I have no problems with sound or video using this method. I have noticed that once in a while on larger files it exports the 3gp into 2 files but you can just stitch them together in WMM so it's not a big deal.
    01-02-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD