Hi guys, I'm having trouble getting movies from my iTunes on my 8900. I'm using my desktop manager and going into Roxio, when I search for files Roxio sees all of my movies but it will not transfer. I get an error message that says one or more files cannot be transferred. The files are .m4v

Anybody know what I'm missing or doing wrong? These are all "digital copies" that have come with Blu-rays and are all downloaded and playable in my iTunes.
    02-25-09 02:07 PM
    DMR is the problem. There a a lot of previous post about it here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 06:15 PM
    Same problem here
    02-25-09 06:21 PM
    I use DVDFab i have no problems putting movies on it.. i used with the Iphone too.. works great

DVD Copy Software from DVDFab | Copy DVD to PSP, DVDR or iPod

Worth the $$
    02-25-09 06:51 PM
    Yeah, I've done a bit of research on this now at a few other sites. That's exactly what I'm finding out. Total bummer, since these movies are legit on my iTunes and this phone is supposed to sync with iTunes. Oh well, thems the breaks. I'll be looking into the DVDFab software. I'm going to be flying a lot this spring and I'd love to have some flix on the phone to keep me occupied.

I was shocked to see that the three movies I was trying to put on the phone (The Dark Knight, Forgetting Sarah Marshal, and Get Smart) were just a shade over 4 gigs of data!
    02-25-09 10:04 PM
    yeah i like how it compresses it down.. i have wanted! on my BB and its only 250MB, quality, it good enought to watch!
    02-25-09 10:32 PM
    Yeah, I've done a bit of research on this now at a few other sites. That's exactly what I'm finding out. Total bummer, since these movies are legit on my iTunes and this phone is supposed to sync with iTunes. Oh well, thems the breaks. I'll be looking into the DVDFab software. I'm going to be flying a lot this spring and I'd love to have some flix on the phone to keep me occupied.

I was shocked to see that the three movies I was trying to put on the phone (The Dark Knight, Forgetting Sarah Marshal, and Get Smart) were just a shade over 4 gigs of data!
    get a ipod touch save the bb battery for all the other things
    02-25-09 10:40 PM
    I'm curious, Apple is removing DMR protection from their music files, anyone know if they're going to remove it from movies?

02-25-09 10:51 PM
    What a great question!! I wouldn't begin to know where to find out the answer.. i'm gonna google the heck out of this.

That should make life so much easier, and I am aways willing to pay for things that make my life easier! (Ex A: Blackberry 8900)

As far as the iPod goes.. eh.. don't really want to carry two devices when 1 will do. An extra battery is much smaller than an iPod. But I have thought quite a bit about going that route too. Just not for me.
    02-25-09 11:45 PM
    I use that too and it does work great for all your needs.. get the mobile version included it has everything you need!
    02-26-09 01:24 AM
    I think the 8900 works well for music, and it will stream some video fairly well. I think Slacker has been pretty good too, for music. I have to tell you that I am spoiled by my HD tv and can only stand video on such a small screen for only a little while. I like that it has great resolution for wallpaper and pictures, but video kind of gives me a headache.

02-26-09 01:37 AM
    Does anyone have issue with the sound being out of sync with the film? I have no problems getting movies on my phone using handbrake but the lip sync issue is a pain, I am using OS 133 by the way.

02-26-09 06:51 AM
    I know the feeling. I am trying to go from a 50in. HDTV, down to the tiny lcd on the phone. But it's really only for travel. I am more concerned about my arm getting tired from holding the phone up through a 2 hour movie.

I have been loving slacker. I have always been a Pandora user and didn't even know slacker existed until I got my 8900. I like listening to it at work because the radio here in Oklahoma City is terrible.
    02-26-09 08:09 AM
    I enjoy watching movies on my 8320 BB. I wonder if the video is so much better on the 8900 that it is worth the upgrade. Thanks.
    02-26-09 10:48 AM
    The resolution is amazing. I would say 1000 times yes.
    02-26-09 11:17 AM
    Tell ma about it, I've been trying for two days to get it right. Have you found anything yet?
    Does anyone have issue with the sound being out of sync with the film? I have no problems getting movies on my phone using handbrake but the lip sync issue is a pain, I am using OS 133 by the way.

Twe

04-26-09 02:50 PM
    Hi guys, I'm having trouble getting movies from my iTunes on my 8900. I'm using my desktop manager and going into Roxio, when I search for files Roxio sees all of my movies but it will not transfer. I get an error message that says one or more files cannot be transferred. The files are .m4v

Anybody know what I'm missing or doing wrong? These are all "digital copies" that have come with Blu-rays and are all downloaded and playable in my iTunes.
    m4v? Aww oh pain.. you have to search it on internet and find a good Video converter programs for video formats.

Good Luck!
    04-26-09 02:58 PM
    I just copy the movies over as AVI format and they work great
    04-26-09 05:00 PM
    I've only put a single episode of South Park on my phone so far that wouldn't transfer using the supplied software so I simply dragged it into the folder myself through Windows explorer.

The picture looks great but I do believe the sound is slightly out of sync. Actually, lemme check real quick... Nevermind, sounds insync to me.

Anyway though, as for DMR, that's why you shouldn't waste your money on Itunes as you're over paying to merely rent. I buy my DVDs and then rip them myself to the computer to archive them and to easily stream to the TV (Much easier to watch episodes from multiple seasons of Simpsons/South Park/whatever without having to change discs). Though keep it on the hush-hush as the MPAA has a problem with people ripping any DVD to their computer as evident by them taking RealNetworks to court for DVD ripping software.

I wonder when the MPAA will go after Microsoft and Apple for creating these machines that sole purpose MUST be to obtain illegal copies of films and distribute them online as why else would anyone possibly need a computer or a DVD burner or an internet connection.
    04-26-09 07:33 PM
    Very curious about ripping software that will allow me to use the full screen size of the Curve 8900. Looking for recs.
    06-21-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD