I found that when mine is in the Seidio Holster made for the 9700, only the locking mechanism will not engage, however, the phone with the case fits in the holster beautifully and nice and snug, so really, i dont have a need to use the locking mechanism.

If I remember correctly, the 8900 holster from Seidio does NOT have a locking mechanism, so it is ultimately up to you which one to buy.
    I'm sorry but I'm still slightly confused by your answer. Are you saying that your 9700 with commuter case fits into a 9700 seidio snap in case perfect with the top snap locking it in?? Sounds like your saying that it holds the phone but the clasp doesn't lock it in?? That correct??

The 8900 seidio snap in that I have locks the phone in perfect and the top locking clasp snaps over the case and holds just as it would a seidio case.
    02-10-10 07:29 AM
    I'm sorry but I'm still slightly confused by your answer. Are you saying that your 9700 with commuter case fits into a 9700 seidio snap in case perfect with the top snap locking it in?? Sounds like your saying that it holds the phone but the clasp doesn't lock it in?? That correct??

The 8900 seidio snap in that I have locks the phone in perfect and the top locking clasp snaps over the case and holds just as it would a seidio case.
    At the back of some, maybe most Seidio holsters, there is a locking mechanism that you pull up to lock the clasp. This is what I meant by it not working. With the Commuter case on, it slides in with the clasp holding it in place perfectly, i just cannot engage the locking mechanism found on the back. Sorry for the confusion, i hope this made more sense.
    02-10-10 07:56 PM
    At the back of some, maybe most Seidio holsters, there is a locking mechanism that you pull up to lock the clasp. This is what I meant by it not working. With the Commuter case on, it slides in with the clasp holding it in place perfectly, i just cannot engage the locking mechanism found on the back. Sorry for the confusion, i hope this made more sense.
    Oh ok. Mine doesn't have a locking mech. Just the spring loaded clasp. Learn something new everyday!
    02-10-10 08:13 PM
    I ordered mine after seeing your post and they shipped the same day and I got the holster three days later! It is most definitely a Seidio holster and it fits the phone perfectly! I'm so glad I found this thread! FYI- my holster was in Verizon Wireless packaging and said on the package that it was for the Blackberry 8330? I'm not sure what that's all about but it fits like a glove! Thanks again!
    02-14-10 01:28 PM
    [QUOTE=wmflyfisher;4604924]Just wanted to let you guys know that I picked up a snap in holster today for the otterbox commuter. I had been looking for a holster for a while that would fit this phone and the commuter. I went to Best Buy today to look around and found a brand called Platinum. After doing a bit of research I found that Seidio is the original maker and they make the cases for Best Buy. Luckily I could open each package and test them all out. I found that the curve 8900 innocase snap in holster works freakin awesome with the otterbox commuter. Actually looks feels and functions like it was made for the OB case. It doesn't move at all once it's snapped in and the sleep function works as well. Here is a link to the holster that you will need.

Seidio Surface Innocase Holster Blackberry Curve 8900 - eBay (item 370318854605 end time Feb-09-10 20:03:24 PST)

Thanks for the info, i ordered one from talkaccessories, they sent an email saying it was sent out on 10th Feb, first class, but it hasnt arrived yet and it was from LA to LA. Im based in the UK, and my friend it out in LA visiting family i just hope it arrives by tomorrow 15th Feb as he flys home on tuesday!

First Class in US is it like the UK next day ?

Thanks

Anthony
    02-14-10 02:16 PM
    There is more than one item listed there are several. 8300 and 8900 are listed so I'm ordering the one the original poster put up which was the innocase 8900 cause that one has been confirmed for an otterbox comuter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 05:10 PM
    Thanks for the post.
    Just what I was looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 07:49 PM
    i ordered the knock off from the first post i looked at it as knock off or not i dont care its 18.00 and the real seidio one is 30.00 plus about 6.00 shipping i go for the knock off for the 1/2 price one.

i wont even be using this daily anyway but want the option for it. i wear scrubs daily for work and leave it in my pocket or my coat when im out during the winter i mostly want a holster for jeans, and the summer when i dont have as many pockets
    02-16-10 07:23 AM
    could you post pics of the otterbox case in the seidio holster made for the 9700? id like to see the fitment vs the 8300
    02-19-10 06:00 AM
    bb bold 9000 case fits it perfectly and the whole phone is enclosed which makes it alot better imo
    02-20-10 05:31 PM
    i got my holster today and its not a perfect fit from the 9700's from to the case but close enough, its holds snug and the screen is in no danger of being poked and cracked and it has the magnet inside so your phone goes to sleep just like the OEM pouch

the one i got came in a verizon for the 8300 package
    02-23-10 09:53 PM
    I bought the actual Sedio Innocase lock holster from the Crackberry store and it works surprisingly well with the Commuter case. It’s a little pricey but it fits perfectly, almost as if it were made with the Otterbox in mind.
    02-23-10 11:25 PM
    I bought the actual Sedio Innocase lock holster from the Crackberry store and it works surprisingly well with the Commuter case. It�s a little pricey but it fits perfectly, almost as if it were made with the Otterbox in mind.
    So which Seidio Innocase holster you got? for 9000 or 9700? I have for the Storm 9500 but I am not sure if that would work too.

Thanks.
    03-02-10 04:55 AM
    Mine also came in Verizon branded packaging, stating it was compatible with the 8330 (eBay item stated 8900 (not sure if they are the same/similar)). It fits my 9700 + Otterbox Commuter like a glove. Praise be to OP!!1
    07-07-10 10:22 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD