Looking for a cheap way to charge

I found a local Radio Shack that has a generic USB to micro-USB cable and I figured I'd plug it into my in-laws computer for charging purposes.

Does that work? Thanks
    08-01-09 12:00 PM
    It works but very slowly. Make sure the computer stays on and doesn't enter a sleep mode. You may have more success and a faster charge with your phone off also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 12:22 PM
    turn your phone off while you charge. i do. much quicker. it may be off, but you'll have it more charge in less amount of time. wait less.
    08-01-09 12:27 PM
    IF you are in a hotel ask them to look through the lost and found box. Normally they have over 20 different phone chargers they will let you have
    08-02-09 12:29 AM
    Looking for a cheap way to charge

I found a local Radio Shack that has a generic USB to micro-USB cable and I figured I'd plug it into my in-laws computer for charging purposes.

Does that work? Thanks
    If you go to Walmart they have charges that will work with the storm. It even says it on the package. And its only $14 I have like 30 of them just in case.

08-02-09 12:44 PM
    If you go to Walmart they have charges that will work with the storm. It even says it on the package. And its only $14 I have like 30 of them just in case.

30? really? i could see 3 or 4 but....30??
    08-02-09 01:35 PM
    30? really? i could see 3 or 4 but....30??
    He must be REALLY forgetful :-)
    08-02-09 01:46 PM

Sweet I'll have to look into that. Someone at CVS tried to sell me a non-compatible mini-USB adapter kit for $30. I'd rather be phoneless
    08-02-09 02:43 PM
    or have WAY too much disposable income!

08-02-09 02:45 PM
    5 or 6 chargers are plenty.
    08-02-09 03:34 PM
    I ordered 3 car chargers from accessorygeeks for my BB and my daughters' Dare and Env3 at 2pm on Thurs. I go notice that they were shipped at 8pm and they were in my P.O. Box Saturday afternoon. BTW, the cost was $9.99 for all three (not each) and $4.29 for USPS Priority shipping.
    08-02-09 04:14 PM
    I ordered 3 car chargers from accessorygeeks for my BB and my daughters' Dare and Env3 at 2pm on Thurs. I go notice that they were shipped at 8pm and they were in my P.O. Box Saturday afternoon. BTW, the cost was $9.99 for all three (not each) and $4.29 for USPS Priority shipping.

Thats a great deal. I've been meaning to order a few chargers (wall and car) for my phone for a while now. Also should get a backup USB cable. Been using the same one since I bought the phone.

Heading over to ebay right now.
    08-02-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD