Had my new 9700 for about two months and after several attempts have finally found a case I love - Casemate Barely There (Black.)

Some others I tried.

OEM holster it came with. Was OK but looked a bit cheap. Had to remove from holster to use (obviously) but I prefer to use the BB without anything on it. Put BB in powersave mode which was good.

OEM leather holster case with tassle. Offered more protection than the other holster but felt bulkly. Like the above it gave protection when holstered and allowed me to the use the device easily when removed. Powersave mode as above. Looked better than standard holster.

Otterbox Communter. Quite pricey but excellent protection. Was a magnet for pocket lint plus it covered too much of the device. e.g covered the Blackberry logo and I dont like the buttons and ports being covered.

Tried a couple of cheap silicone ones.See through one looked lame. Got a decent looking black one but it covered the LED which was annoying. My modification with scissors worked but lets just say Ill never make it as a surgeon .

Finally the Case Mate Barely There. Came to the conculsion that although I wanted some protection, I wasn't prepared to sacrifice the covering up such a great looking device. Im carefull with my phones but a little rough when putting them down some times.

Case Mate was the best solution as it protects the back for when I set it down and doesen't cover up the device. Barely any bulk or weight added to the device plus the buttons are left exposed for ease of use.

No issues with lint so far plus easier or just as easy to remove from the case to put it charging pod as the others.

A bit pricey for what is essentially a bit of plastic but seems durable and I will be happy provided the paint stays on.

In conclusion if you want to able have such a great looking product on display as much as possible while protecting it from everyday use then the Case Mate or an equivalent (Featherlite/Snap) is the case for you.

If your willing to scarifice being keeping it on display with protection then I would recommend the Otterbox Commuter.

Hope this helps some in making a decision as I know its a topic that come up a lot.
    04-11-10 02:47 PM
    I haven't used that one uyet but I just picked up the seidio snap case. Its very similiar but I think it provides a little more protection the corners. I would definitely recommend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 12:20 AM
    Took me a long time also to find a case i liked. I finally settled with the OtterBox Commuter Case. I LOVE IT!
    04-12-10 12:48 AM
    A good case can be just as important as finding the right phone. I have both a Commuter and a Defender. I like the benefits of a holster so when using the Commuter I use a 9000 OEM holster.
    04-12-10 01:03 AM
    ^^I have the Defender also. It is a Great Case. Only use it for work tho.
    04-12-10 01:16 AM
    lol i was hoping maybe u had discovered a random, amazing case that no one had heard of. oh well.

went with seidio innocase surface ii myself.
    04-12-10 01:16 AM
    I use Incipio when Im working, Barely there around the house
    04-12-10 06:32 AM
    I just got rid of my Otterbox Defender case and replaced it with an Otterbox Impact case and much happier. What I didn't like about the Defender was the built in screen cover and keyboard cover would get stuff trapped underneath them every so often so I'd have to tear it all apart and clean it, got very tired of doing that. Plus it was too bulky and covered too much of the phone. This Impact case is much slimmer while still protecting and the front of the phone is more exposed to show off it's sexiness. The Impact still attracts pocket lint but I can live with that, it blows off easily, and I still wanted the slight tackiness of the rubber as I've found that handy in certain situations.
    04-12-10 11:13 AM
    I have a otterbox defender series and I think I'm in love lol

04-12-10 06:55 PM
    I use seido Innocase II. I get mine on Ebay. Also just ordered the clip for use with the case, i like freeing up pocket space
    04-12-10 07:17 PM
    I use a bestskinsever, its great
    04-12-10 07:33 PM
    I've had the Commuter for awhile now, while I absolutely love it, it is a little hard to cover up the beauty of the 9700. I haven't tried any of the others, went right for the Otterbox, maybe I should check them out
    04-12-10 10:22 PM
    I can not decide on what case I like the most, I want something that I can put in my pocket or purse and know it will be safe, but I am not a big fan of just the skins..any suggestions? Does anyone have the casemate Hybrid case? Good, Bad?
    04-13-10 12:04 AM
    Well, it is a hard work to choose a case, finially i choose dsstyles's Twill series case and I am in love with that case. Hybrid case is normal, so I skip it.
    04-13-10 12:54 AM
    i can't find a case for my phone that stays on it. i love the look and feel of my baby so much that i use it bare. ugh! it's not good practice, so it's looking like it need to invest in a barely there as well.

but any cases that don't cover up the back? i just like the feeling of the leather. lol... sometimes i rub it "just because".
    04-13-10 01:03 AM
    Another very happy Casemate Barely There (silver) user. Looked at many but this was the one for me. Perfect size, weight and look IMHO.
    04-13-10 01:03 AM
    I use seido Innocase II. I get mine on Ebay. Also just ordered the clip for use with the case, i like freeing up pocket space
    I've been looking at the Seidio Innocase II plus spring lock holster combo, or one of the Incipio ones which was recommended to me by someone else on here.

What I don't like from the pics of the Seidio is the top coverage or lack thereof. I don't mind the openings at the top for the buttons, but I just wish the sides came up to the very top of the black top cover's beveled edge instead of just to the top of the chrome bezel.

(Bevel and bezel are two different words if I've confused anyone! Haha)

Does anyone know any Canadian retailers that stock Seidio and/or Incipio for BlackBerry? All I can find is tons of Otterbox and a little bit of Case-Mate.

04-13-10 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD