Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

124 87.32%
  • No?

2 1.41%
  • Already knew this stuff!

16 11.27%
    In addition to "T" and "B" for navigating messages, "U" will take you to the next Unopened message, "P" to the start of the Previous date and "N" to the start of the Next date. If I can remember where I found those, I'll post it here.

Oh, and pressing "space" twice will automatically add a period to the end of the text you're typing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 04:34 PM
    In addition to "T" and "B" for navigating messages, "U" will take you to the next Unopened message, "P" to the start of the Previous date and "N" to the start of the Next date. If I can remember where I found those, I'll post it here.

Oh, and pressing "space" twice will automatically add a period to the end of the text you're typing.

Great info, Robots, thank you!
    04-15-09 05:26 PM
    You know it's funny...now that there are all these shortcuts i'm getting used to, I find myself becoming more and more lazy when I type on my computer, especially thanks to AutoText... I just had to go back when typing THIS to fix the "i" and "it's" lol
    04-15-09 09:58 PM
    I know! I keep typing just the i and l for I'll! And I hit space when I want a . In a web address. Maybe one day the PCs will have all the same shortcuts...

04-16-09 09:43 AM
    threw in themes link and Telus OS
    tonight i will add shortcuts and something else!
    04-17-09 09:13 AM
    i am adding this link to the "important" thread... and i have added some more links there as well
    04-17-09 09:32 AM
    Just added a link to the Music Help tutorial! thats the first thing i wanted to know!
    04-17-09 07:38 PM
    there is a lot of cool short cut keys on the main page of the crackberry site for this phone.
    04-18-09 08:12 AM
    i will add those soon!
    04-18-09 08:56 PM
    Added an Image of ShortCuts I found to be Basics!
    04-20-09 02:26 PM
    there is a lot of cool short cut keys on the main page of the crackberry site for this phone.
    Could you provide us the link? I love shortcuts!
    04-20-09 05:36 PM
    post number 1
    04-20-09 06:10 PM
    YES! I knew that there had to be copy/cut/paste shortcuts, but I never knew what they were! Thanks so much, JLJ. I truly appreciate your creating/maintaining this thread.
    04-21-09 07:26 AM
    For a Newbie

Could anyone tell me.. is there a shortcut to compose an MMS without having to go to the menu list and scroll to " Compose MMS" ????

Thanks for making my life easier!
    04-21-09 08:21 AM
    type the name of the person you want to MMS.... hit menu..... MMS mobile

same goes for email, calling, pin(ing), messaging..... whatever
    04-21-09 08:26 AM
    Thank you!

But after trying it.... It took just as many steps as is does to just go to my MMS icon and select the person and then menu and Compose MMS.

Is there any way from the Home page to shortcut right to Compose MMS?
    04-21-09 08:37 AM
    this was taken forn the users guide for the 8350i

Sending MMS Messages
    MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages may include text, pictures, videos, or
    audio files.
    1. Click Messages ( ) or click SMS And MMS ( ), and then press .
    2. Click Compose MMS.
    3. Do one of the following:
     If the recipient is not in your address book, click [Use Once], enter an MMS-compatible
    phone number or email address, and then click the trackball.
     If the recipient is in your address book, click the contact entry and then click an
    MMS-compatible phone number or email address.
    4. Type a message, and then press .
     To attach a file, click Attach Picture, Attach Audio, Attach Video, or Attach Voice Note, select a
    file, and then press .
    5. Click Send.

sorry it does not copy the images of the buttons
    04-21-09 08:48 AM
    Thanks for the help!
    04-22-09 08:42 AM
    Here is a piece of info that will helps us in helping you.

Let us know what...

OS
    DM
    Service Provider

...Your are running.

Across the top of the threads you see a blueish/purplish line, in there you see "User CP", "FAQ", "Members List"....

If you click on the "User CP" you can change the info we need, your avatar, contact info...

After you click on "User CP" click on "Edit Profile".

Scroll towards the bottom you will see "Device Model" and "Carrier"... This is what we look for.

Under "Device Model" enter you BB model number, OS, and DM versions (Look at mine it says "8350i (Curve) OS .204 DM 5.0").

Then edit your "Carrier" (Mine says "Sprint/Nextel")

This will help us help you by avoiding some of these questions and answers that we will need to know, cutting down the final result time, keeping the thread shorter and cleaner.

I hope everyone will take a look at theirs and edit if necessary.
    04-22-09 10:29 AM
    Hey, im new to crackberry and have a curve 8350i and i was wondering if any one can tell me why i cant view viedos from youtube or if it is a download that will allow me to? I also have a problem with slacker too. Even if im in a area with a strong signal strenth the music still skips allot. If anyone could help me out i would appreciate it.
    04-23-09 02:39 PM
    you have to use WIFI... the iden network is too slow for the streaming of content.

and even then, youtube is hit or miss.... search for youtube and you will find a ton of threads about it

welcome to the addiction
    04-23-09 02:42 PM
    As for slacker. Cache your stations. Then you can play them with no signal. Look up the thread "slacker not cacheing" for some tips

04-23-09 03:25 PM
    Thanks for all the help yall especially you casper! These are some great tips and procedures! I am just browsing on my berry and can't add it now but I will make sure I add everything to the top post tonight before bed!

04-23-09 03:26 PM
    thats no problem JLJ... i got your back you got mine... i think...lol
    04-23-09 03:32 PM
    Why'd You even have to think? It Goes without even having to ask! LOL!?
    04-23-09 07:50 PM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD