****!

Probably because of my own poor Invisible Shield (IS) installation skill, my bold's screen looks like "crap" now.

Less aggravating but the buttock of my bold also looks rather ugly.

I'll post the how my screen looks when it's on with those bubbles in a short while.

I might have to rip the IS screen protector apart and change to a new, cheaper one. Don't wanna spend too much on it already.

EDIT:
    Here's how the screen looks like when turned on

Last edited by Michaelyoh; 07-25-09 at 08:58 PM.
    07-25-09 08:44 PM
    WOW, you definitely botched that install. Tear that thing off of there man. Get yourself a Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page, they're cheaper so if you screw it up you won't feel as bad.
    07-25-09 08:46 PM
    WOW, you definitely botched that install. Tear that thing off of there man. Get yourself a Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page, they're cheaper so if you screw it up you won't feel as bad.
    If this thing doesn't work itself off in a few days like what's said on the guide that's written on IS's case. I'll probably do that. Or see if I get used to the crappy looks first. If I don't perceive a need to change then there is no need to change right.
    07-25-09 08:53 PM
    I don't know how that even happens.
    07-25-09 08:53 PM
    I don't know how that even happens.
    To begin with, probably I didn't clean up the screen enough before I start installing.

Dust and dirt got caught under the skin and I had to remove the screen to clean them up.

But that wasn't enough. Dust and dirt still appeared even after I cleaned the second time. Then I did the third time.

Now after three times, finally I got rid most of the dirt and dust, but as a consequence, lotsa bubbles appeared. Infuriating I might say..

EDIT: in the photos the dust looks as if it's covering the screen, actually that's dust on the surface of the screen protector and not inside it.
    07-25-09 09:01 PM
    I bet. I have been wanting a screen protector for my bold but was scared something like that would happen. Hope you get it fixed.
    07-25-09 09:04 PM
    you probably sealed in all the crap that was a little invisible before the cover.
    07-25-09 09:06 PM
    I bet. I have been wanting a screen protector for my bold but was scared something like that would happen. Hope you get it fixed.
    Few advices from experience is to clean up the screen and your hand thoroughly and to work in a dust-free area. :-)

Thanks for your wishes.
    07-25-09 09:07 PM
    you probably sealed in all the crap that was a little invisible before the cover.
    Yeah. I think so.
    07-25-09 09:08 PM
    That's sad looking. Hope you have better luck next time.
    07-25-09 09:13 PM
    That's sad looking. Hope you have better luck next time.
    Yup, it is.. sad-looking

Thanks for your wishes.
    07-25-09 09:15 PM
    Its definately dust under the shield. Ask me how I know..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 09:20 PM
    Its definately dust under the shield. Ask me how I know..

Haha.. how do you know?
    07-25-09 09:23 PM
    i installed an invisshield on my iphone and for the first few hours it looked like that, after about 8-9 hours you couldnt tell it had a sheild on, give it time to settle.

plus you need to ensure there's no dust or finger prints underneath, did u use the spray on your finger as well?

give it a few hours before tearing it off, as you need to allow for it to settle, i got the invisishield for my bold, but it's only the screen cover.
    07-25-09 10:10 PM
    plus you need to ensure there's no dust or finger prints underneath, did u use the spray on your finger as well?

give it a few hours before tearing it off, as you need to allow for it to settle, i got the invisishield for my bold, but it's only the screen cover.
    Yup, I sprayed my finger as well.

Dust is a big problem though. Didn't know it would be that hard to get rid of them. I just used tissue to wipe them off only to find out that it isn't enough. Too bad I found it out too late.

I've given around 16 hours but I'll give it more time before I tear it off. (Kinda used to how crappy it looks already actually )
    07-25-09 10:14 PM
    to get dust off the invisishield remove it and wash the sheild in luke warm soap water but dont use ur nails to remove the dust it as that will get rid of the glue, remember whcih side is the sticky side and reapply till ur happy.

have a look at

ZAGG | Application Instructions
    Last edited by samosa; 07-25-09 at 10:33 PM.
    07-25-09 10:21 PM
    ha, I bought one of those as well. Miserable. Took it off right away.

Best screen protectors? Clarivue Screen Protectors
    07-25-09 10:48 PM
    to get dust off the invisishield remove it and wash the sheild in luke warm soap water but dont use ur nails to remove the dust it as that will get rid of the glue, remember whcih side is the sticky side and reapply till ur happy.

have a look at

ZAGG | Application Instructions
    Oh no. I used my nails to remove the dust.

I should have looked before I leapt....

Anyway. Thanks for the info!
    07-25-09 11:26 PM
    I just installed mine... Perfect everywhere except one bubble on the screen which dried but left an imprint.

From the looks of it, you were working in a dusty area, didn't apply it quick enough and may not have sprayed liberally.

I used up the whol damn bottle on just the back and screen. I then refilled with water and did the rest. My only mistake was I squeegeed too hard and now my screen "clicks" on the top left near the bubble I couldn't get out.

Also I see the sides are lifting on your battery door one. Did you hold it down for like 2 minutes with your palm? It doesn't matter if you used your nails. I had to take off the back because my fingerprint was on it. Ran it under warm water with soap, using my nails slightly. Not too hard as to stretch but hard enough to get the "fingerprint" out.

Where did you buy it from? I bought mine from Amazon.com for like 14 bucks. If there was a way to upload pictures easily I would show you how mine looks.
    Last edited by Madness87; 07-26-09 at 12:47 AM.
    07-26-09 12:44 AM
    I got the IS also.....the ones on the keys started collecting dust and lint. I eventually took them off - I didnt even bother putting on the other parts. Dont get me started on the back piece.....redicilous
    07-26-09 02:19 AM
    I just installed mine... Perfect everywhere except one bubble on the screen which dried but left an imprint.

From the looks of it, you were working in a dusty area, didn't apply it quick enough and may not have sprayed liberally.

I used up the whol damn bottle on just the back and screen. I then refilled with water and did the rest. My only mistake was I squeegeed too hard and now my screen "clicks" on the top left near the bubble I couldn't get out.

Also I see the sides are lifting on your battery door one. Did you hold it down for like 2 minutes with your palm? It doesn't matter if you used your nails. I had to take off the back because my fingerprint was on it. Ran it under warm water with soap, using my nails slightly. Not too hard as to stretch but hard enough to get the "fingerprint" out.

Where did you buy it from? I bought mine from Amazon.com for like 14 bucks. If there was a way to upload pictures easily I would show you how mine looks.
    Thanks for your suggestions!

My screen also clicks on the top left. But I think it's been like that even before I applied IS.

And, I did finish the first bottle, so I had to use spare bottle that I have from the other IS that I bought some months ago for ipod touch and psp slim. Installation for both didn't include the screen protector as I had someone else did the screen protector for me. Btw, I also screwed up installation for ipod touch badly. And it's my girlfriend's ipod.

I bought my IS from a seller in lowyat.net forum (it's a malaysian forum).
    07-26-09 02:50 AM
    I got the IS also.....the ones on the keys started collecting dust and lint. I eventually took them off - I didnt even bother putting on the other parts. Dont get me started on the back piece.....redicilous
    Hmm my IS on the blackberry key has started peeling off on one of the "sharp and pointy" edges near the ball.

Maybe I'll do the same as you.
    07-26-09 02:52 AM
    Where did you get your Invisible Shield from? If you got it from Best Buy return it and Best Buy Mobile will install the Full Body Shield for 12.99 and they do really well. I work there and put them on all day, every day.

07-26-09 03:09 AM
    Yup, I sprayed my finger as well.

Dust is a big problem though. Didn't know it would be that hard to get rid of them. I just used tissue to wipe them off only to find out that it isn't enough. Too bad I found it out too late.

I've given around 16 hours but I'll give it more time before I tear it off. (Kinda used to how crappy it looks already actually )
    do NOT use a tissue to clean up the dust. the tissue leaves microfibres on the bold itself which causes more problems. use a cloth to wipe it, like a cloth used to wipe glasses.
    07-26-09 03:31 AM
    Where did you get your Invisible Shield from? If you got it from Best Buy return it and Best Buy Mobile will install the Full Body Shield for 12.99 and they do really well. I work there and put them on all day, every day.

I got it from a seller in lowyat.net, a malaysian forum.

Well, too bad, where I live there's no such service nearby . Not that I know at least.
    07-26-09 04:22 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD