I just wanted to post up about a new screen protector I just picked up for the torch.

I got the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for Blackberry Torch 9800.

This is the best screen protector I've owned. It shows absolutely zero fingerprint marks, barely blurs the screens and just feels awesome.

having this protector on the Torch has actually breathed new life into it for me, it just feels so good you want to touch the screen.

It barely interfers with the touch sensitivity but I have noticed the screen is a little less sensitive.

This protector + the Torch Holster from the Crackberry store = 1 happy Torch owner.
    11-07-10 01:26 AM
    Yeah but 12 bucks is too much for a screen protector.. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 01:30 AM
    I tought so too until I installed it.

11-07-10 01:45 AM
    I'm not disagreeing with Bold Lover (who probably loves his Torch more :-P ) but I have to give a mention to Zagg Invisible Shield.

They make custom-cut full body protectors for just about anything, out of a material they use to cover the rotor blades of helicopters for the military. These things are completely scratchproof with a lifetime guarantee and after the shield has cured on the device you don't even know it's there. I was introduced to them several years ago and since then it's the only screen protector I've used on any device I've gotten. I'm not a paid spokesman but if they offered me a job I'd take it. I absolutely love these things. They're probably at the top of the price list (about $20 just to cover the front screen) but for me they're worth every single penny, time and time again.

Every time I "install" one I think I've completely screwed it up because it looks terrible. But by the next day the solution has cured and you can't even tell there's a protector on the screen any more. Fantastic product. No loss of sensitivity whatsoever, and you never have to worry about damaging the screen. If anything happens to the shield they'll replace it, and if you don't like it you can remove it and there's no residue. I'm a lifelong fan, and any time I get a new device, I have a shield on it within a day. In one of the shopping malls not too far from me there's even a little kiosk where they'll install it for you.

Sorry to hijack this post.
    11-07-10 01:58 AM
    I've been a long time fan of the zagg invisible shield myself, until recently getting the torch.

Zagg is thick and feels "sticky" not a good match for a touchscreen device. Your finger doesn't glide across the screen. I'll admit i got the zagg first as I've been a long time user, but after a while with the zagg it ends up getting that "orange peel" effect and just doesn't look good.

Now the Ghost Armor product, made of the same material the zagg is. Only difference it's not as thick and it doesn't have that "sticky" feel to it. I've had it on my torch since GA released it for the torch(roughly been 2 months now), still crystal clear, no "sticky" feel, no orange peel effect, protects from fingerprints, no ill effects to the touchscreen, and unless you actually look for it you don't even know it's there. Their warranty is the same as zagg so no complaint there either.

Just my .02$...
    11-07-10 05:37 AM
    Bestskinsever as good as any of them and great price. Perfect fit, not to thick, and even after the 2 weeks I have it on you can't even tell its there. Amazing. The whole body kit is great !

11-07-10 08:02 AM
    This is the one I use and it is still FREE. Just pay for shipping.

Blackberry Torch 9800 Full Body Protection - Cell Phones
    11-07-10 10:24 AM
    Yeah but 12 bucks is too much for a screen protector.. Lol

Man, I WISH I paid $12 for my screen protector. lol.

Only one they had at the ATT store when I got my Torch was the thick black privacy screen protector and they charged $20 for it. That thing better last the life of my Torch! hehe

And if anyone else has this screen protector, is it just me, or does it make the touch screen less responsive because it's so thick?
    11-08-10 07:23 AM
    Man, I WISH I paid $12 for my screen protector. lol.

Only one they had at the ATT store when I got my Torch was the thick black privacy screen protector and they charged $20 for it. That thing better last the life of my Torch! hehe

And if anyone else has this screen protector, is it just me, or does it make the touch screen less responsive because it's so thick?
    Yes it does, I also noticed that it negates the effect of the proximity sensor. Have you noticed that when you put the phone to your ear you "face dial" or end up pressing one of the other buttons on the call screen with your face?
    11-08-10 07:55 AM
    This Steinheil one is pretty good, you only lose a small amount of sensitivity and it actually works for you because it makes it a little more forgiving when you touch it by accident. Like when you mute a caller with your face.

11-08-10 10:28 AM
    Yes it does, I also noticed that it negates the effect of the proximity sensor. Have you noticed that when you put the phone to your ear you "face dial" or end up pressing one of the other buttons on the call screen with your face?

I can agree with that. Where exactly is the proximity sensor on it? I need the privacy because of my line of work but would love to stop "muting calls" and "placing" the call on speakerphone. I mean, I must be able to modify it to where the proximity sensor can still function correctly.

11-08-10 03:30 PM
    This is the one I use and it is still FREE. Just pay for shipping.

Blackberry Torch 9800 Full Body Protection - Cell Phones

I just ordered one. For $2.85 I couldn't resist trying it out! Thanks for the tip.
    11-08-10 03:50 PM
    I just ordered one. For $2.85 I couldn't resist trying it out! Thanks for the tip.
    I like mine. Its been on for two months and still looks great. Just a word of
    warning. When you put the back on it will look like you did it very very wrong.
    After a day or two it will look fantastic.
    11-08-10 04:00 PM
    I use Blackberry 9800 Torch Screen Protector from Clarivue

it's crystal clear and does not decrease sensitivity on the touch screen. It is a fingerprint magnet but they offer 3 different types, one being an anti-fingerprint/anti-glare model.
    11-08-10 07:11 PM
    You can get some good anti glare screen protectors for a couple $
    11-08-10 07:25 PM
    I use Blackberry 9800 Torch Screen Protector from Clarivue

it's crystal clear and does not decrease sensitivity on the touch screen. It is a fingerprint magnet but they offer 3 different types, one being an anti-fingerprint/anti-glare model.
    ive got this one on the way as well, had it on my bold 9700 and it was great, hopefully its as good as that one, how is the fit? does it cover the entire screen? on the 9700 it didnt go over the angled edges of the screen but because this screen is completely flat i hope it covers the whole thing
    11-08-10 07:35 PM
    ive got this one on the way as well, had it on my bold 9700 and it was great, hopefully its as good as that one, how is the fit? does it cover the entire screen? on the 9700 it didnt go over the angled edges of the screen but because this screen is completely flat i hope it covers the whole thing
    PERFECT FIT. It completely covers the screen, even has a small cutout for the led. When I first put it on, I had to use some scotch tape to lift it up because I couldn't tell if it was actually on the phone....lol
    11-08-10 07:39 PM
    PERFECT FIT. It completely covers the screen, even has a small cutout for the led. When I first put it on, I had to use some scotch tape to lift it up because I couldn't tell if it was actually on the phone....lol
    cut out for the LED??? why it def doesnt need that as it would flash thru
    11-08-10 07:45 PM
    Yea it's a small indention, nothing to get excited about...trust. I don't know why it's there either but it's there. I wish I could show you but you can't see it in a pic. I posted and entire pic of my phone earlier in another forum and it's INVISIBLE REALLY LOL
    11-08-10 07:52 PM
    Yea it's a small indention, nothing to get excited about...trust. I don't know why it's there either but it's there. I wish I could show you but you can't see it in a pic. I posted and entire pic of my phone earlier in another forum and it's INVISIBLE REALLY LOL
    found your pic, and can see the notch that they put on there, very odd, oh well looks like a very good fit anyways
    11-08-10 08:00 PM
    Here is a pic with the screen protector on....(edited) you actually can see the indention when ZOOMED IN. lol
    Last edited by blutricky; 11-08-10 at 08:07 PM. Reason: major correction!
    11-08-10 08:01 PM
    found your pic, and can see the notch that they put on there, very odd, oh well looks like a very good fit anyways
    I just learned something new (1) you're fast on them keys and (2) I can see it in the pic after I zoomed in...lol. You get the point though. It's there but doesn't affect the protection. I like the fact that you get 2 screen protectors in the package.
    11-08-10 08:04 PM
    I just learned something new (1) you're fast on them keys and (2) I can see it in the pic after I zoomed in...lol. You get the point though. It's there but doesn't affect the protection. I like the fact that you get 2 screen protectors in the package.
    hahaha, if only i was as fast on the touch screen on my new torch:P

agree it shouldnt affect protection at all, just interested in why they would have done it, and since its not one of the ones with a sticky backing it should collect dust in that area like the ZAGG ones do
    11-08-10 08:08 PM
    hahaha, if only i was as fast on the touch screen on my new torch:P

agree it shouldnt affect protection at all, just interested in why they would have done it, and since its not one of the ones with a sticky backing it should collect dust in that area like the ZAGG ones do
    dust is no problem at all. This is the same protector I had on my black torch. Transferred easily with no problems. If you ever had to take a zagg one off, you know its a lot of tugging and pulling then stretching.... Now for my bold 9000 the zagg was perfect (NO TOUCH SCREEN) but for the torch not so much. The "orange peel" look I think would have hindered the beauty of the screen on the torch.
    11-08-10 08:12 PM
    I got mine off of Ebay for $1 per with free shipping. It works perfectly well and I have had no complaints at all. Anything more than $3 for a screen protector is simply robbery.
    11-08-10 09:40 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD