I'm able to get longer videos to play on my Bold, but about 15 or 20 minutes in, weird stuff starts happening. I get a "Error Playing Media File" message on some. One had the screen freeze on one frame. The audio kept playing, but there was just one frame for like 60 minutes.

I'm converting these files from .m4v format using QuickTime Pro. My Bold is running 4.6.0.190.

Any suggestions?

Josh
    12-06-08 09:42 AM
    have you considered either super or handbrake?
    I haven't tried handbrake yet, but i've heard it works great.
    Every movie i've ever encoded for a pearl/curve/world phone plays fine on my storm..
    12-07-08 01:04 PM
    If I'm correct there is a post on the Storm forum in regard to this same issue. If you save to your card that that could be your issue. What brand of msd did you buy?
    12-07-08 06:34 PM
    These videos were saved to the card, which is a SanDisk 8gb (class 2, unfortunately; bought it before I knew better...).

I'm trying to redo the conversions using Super and mp4 format, so we'll see how that goes...

I'm also having trouble with the audio lagging on tv show and movie length files. Has anyone figured that one out yet?

Josh
    12-07-08 06:57 PM
    I had problems playing 3gp movies on my Bold so I tried AVIs and they work great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD