I'm sure this has been discussed a million times on here, but when a call is being received the pearl will vibrate twice and then ring. Is there a way to have it go straight to the ring with out a vibe when i have it set to "loud"?

Thanks
    06-16-08 09:35 PM
    Yes......go to Profiles --> Advanced --> Loud and select "Tone" instead of "Vibrate + Tone" .
    06-16-08 09:42 PM
    i noticed that too. before i was wondering why my phone ain't ringing. i guess it vibrates first, then ring. btw, you can set the amount of times to vibrate before the rings.

now...is there a way to have it ring and vibrate at the same time, the first time...?

TIA!
    06-16-08 09:53 PM
    But then it doesn't vibrate @ all?
    Wish I could have it start simultaneous ringing /vibrating from the get-go !
    06-16-08 09:56 PM
    no way to simotaneously vibe and ring that i know of.....mayne RIM will fix that soon
    06-16-08 10:01 PM
    The only settinngs are:
    1. Vibrate Only
    2. Ring Only
    3. Vibrate first, then Ring.
    Thats what you are stuck with unless there are changes in the upcoming OS update.
    06-16-08 10:05 PM

now...is there a way to have it ring and vibrate at the same time, the first time...?
    actually, yeah there is. I just saw a thread about this last week - someone wrote a little app you can buy for like $5 that'll do it. But that's the only way - gotta use a 3rd party solution of some sort.

personally, i just created another profile on my phone. one has just the ringer for phonecalls (which is what I normally use) and the other is exactly the same but has vibe + ring for phonecalls (which is what I use if I'm in a loud bar or something like that.)
    06-17-08 09:27 AM
    i noticed that too. before i was wondering why my phone ain't ringing. i guess it vibrates first, then ring. btw, you can set the amount of times to vibrate before the rings.

TIA!
    Two programs can do this:
    1) VibAndRing ($7 on the Crackberry software site)
    2) Ringo ($19 on the Crackberry software site)

VibAndRing is the basic vibrate when it starts ringing. Set your ringtones to "ring" only and activate this utility.
    Ringo is more feature rich in that you can assign specific ringtones to users or groups. Plus the phone will ring and vibrate at the same time.

Many people say they live the vibrate a few times then ringtone. Others (typically from Nokia or Palm/Windows OS devices) want the device to ring and vibrate at the same time.
    06-18-08 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD