I currently have the Updated Version of V4.7.1.57

I am unable to use my data on my phone for some reason, I called Fido and they advised me that the data is going through to the phone and that it was a "RIM" issue and that I should perhaps call "RIM".....I called RIM and they told me any tech support would cost me $49.99 USD which was OUTRAGOUS!.

At the moment anything that needs to use data will not work on my phone, Facebook, BBM, Whatsapp, Internet Browser.

I had this issue back in December in which I reinstalled the updated version that I currently am using.....I tried the same trick again, however to no avail. I see that there is a version 5 software that is available and thinking that this is quite possible the answer to my problem, however when I plug my phone into blackberry desktop, it notifies me that there is no new updates for my phone.

Someone PLEASE HELP!
    02-15-12 12:32 PM
    I have currently changed my APN setting to reflect my servers settings, and have now done a battery pull and will give it about 5 minutes before I put the battery back in, keep you posted.
    02-15-12 12:49 PM
    changing the APN did NOT work.

Can someone please let me know how I can install the new Version 5 onto my phone, as stated above I beleive this is the cause for this issue, and for some reason my blackberry desktop will not pick up any new versions it says thats the only version available is the
    V4.7.1.57
    02-15-12 01:25 PM
    Have you tried this version?

http://crackberry.com/official-os-v5...d-china-mobile

Make sure you read and follow ALL the instructions exactly.
    02-15-12 05:31 PM
    Have you tried this version?

Official OS v5.0.0.1062 for BlackBerry Tour 9630 released by China Mobile | CrackBerry.com

Make sure you read and follow ALL the instructions exactly.
    Reviving an old thread.
    I have a Sprint 9930 in China with a China Mobile sim. I am only getting lower case edge and the carrier says the phone is the issue. Sim in different bb works. Tried changing apn but didn't help.
    Going to try and put new Os on it.
    Any other ideas??
    Tia.
    10-09-13 08:52 PM
    Reviving an old thread.
    I have a Sprint 9930 in China with a China Mobile sim. I am only getting lower case edge and the carrier says the phone is the issue. Sim in different bb works. Tried changing apn but didn't help.
    Going to try and put new Os on it.
    Any other ideas??
    Tia.
    I just saw something about service books. Are there any available for China Mobile or will the os help it?
    10-09-13 09:02 PM
    should i start a new thread?
    10-10-13 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD