Hey all. New to the BB world and picked up my 8900 Last week. Since then I've been adding some apps and ringtones and all that good stuff we like to add to customize our phones.

When I first got my phone I created some ringtones and loaded them onto my device memory. Worked no problem. However, I realized that after adding more things to my device, that the memory was being used up pretty quick. So, I went to Best Buy and got a PNY 4G Memory Card. I transferred my ringtones and pictures from my device to the card. Now, when I am editing my sound "profiles" when I scroll through the list of ringtones there are duplicate entries of my ringtones I created. Half of them work, I'm assuming the ones that are now stored on my card, but the other half/duplicates still show up on the list but do not work. It's like my device is still registering that these are still on my device, but then I explore my device memory through the media "app" they are not on the device memory.

I guess my question is if there is a way to get these non-working ringtones to not show up on the scroll through list in my profile editing screen. It's not a big deal, but kind of annoying I have to scroll to one and see if it plays before making a selection.

Thanks in advance for your help. Great board!

Edit: I've already done several battery pulls to try to reset the memory.
    Last edited by ISUNickIV; 12-01-09 at 02:05 PM.
    12-01-09 02:00 PM
    Open your Media > Menu > Explore > find the Ringtone's folder on the Device if you want to remove them from there... or on your SD Card.... or just open Media > Ringtones > My Ring Tones > find the one you want to delete > Menu > Delete.
    12-01-09 03:21 PM
    They do not show up in the lists when going through the paths you suggested. They only show up when editing my profiles when clicking on the speaker icon in the top left (regular theme) then clicking advanced, and chagning my tones from there for various actions (SMS, MMS, Phone, Facebook, E-mail, etc.).
    12-02-09 01:06 AM
    i'd like to know too as im having the same issue...the only difference is that all of them work.

ive also browsed my card and device but only one shows.
    12-02-09 05:13 AM
    I'm thinking about just restoring my phone back to original state. I don't have that much stuff on it and the apps that I do have were all free. Better to do it now since it's only a week old then decide three months down the road to do it. I haven't looked but is there a way to restore it completely back to original through the Desktop Manager?
    12-03-09 03:48 PM
    I'm thinking about just restoring my phone back to original state. I don't have that much stuff on it and the apps that I do have were all free. Better to do it now since it's only a week old then decide three months down the road to do it. I haven't looked but is there a way to restore it completely back to original through the Desktop Manager?
    Options > Security Options > General Settings > Blackberry button > Wipe Handheld
    12-03-09 04:23 PM
    Well, the extra ringtones seemed to disappear. Not sure what was going on.
    12-05-09 04:10 AM
    LOL... Get to know your device.
    12-05-09 08:23 AM
    I've had it for a week and I'm still learning. It's not really my fault that I correctly transferred my files from one location to another and the phone decides to show files that are not present and do not work. I'll try harder next time.
    12-05-09 01:52 PM
    ISUNick - did they disappear after you did the wipe or did it just correct itself? I just have my new Torch 5 days and it's doing the exact same thing. Even tho i've put a few things on it, I wouldn't be against doing a wipe at this point just to solve that annoying problem.
    10-24-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD