Old Post, almost a year old. Let it die. Links have been dead for months.
    Last edited by FTWrath; 01-26-10 at 01:34 PM.
    05-22-09 02:37 AM
    dude you have got to be the most busy cat i've seen in a while almost like a blackberry pimp. just pushing and pushing more stuff out the door for people to use and take advantage of. thanks ol'boy
    05-22-09 06:01 AM
    Lol I try, just trying to make it easier for others. Thanks bro.
    05-22-09 11:35 AM
    FT - ESPECIALLY as a new BB user, your posts are incredibly appreciated.

Regards,

M
    05-23-09 01:17 AM
    Thanks a lot khorsia.
    Glad they're getting noticed.
    05-23-09 09:30 PM
    with a little tech knowledge, you can download the episodes via a bit-torrent client/website and use winaviMP4 to convert the movies for mobile phones. I am not paying $40 for this product.
    05-24-09 01:29 PM
    with a little tech knowledge, you can download the episodes via a bit-torrent client/website and use winaviMP4 to convert the movies for mobile phones. I am not paying $40 for this product.
    I can't comment on this method because the link appears to be bad, but since whether you are ripping a stream off Hulu or downloading a file with bittorrent, it's just as 'illegal'... I would go with the free method as well. All you need to do is read the basics of bittorrent on wikipedia, download the utorrent client, check out eztv.it (or any number of sites) and download AVIDemux (or any number of other freeware converters) and you are all set. All for free. Possibly the only advantage to this method is not having to seed (upload) back the file after you download it, but I would assume ripping a (presumably) Flash stream is nowhere near the quality of a xvid rip, which would result in a lower quality file once you convert it.
    05-29-09 09:51 AM
    Actually there was a court case on streaming videos and it is legal to download streaming videos from authorized sites (such as hulu) as long as it's for the intent of offline viewing and not anything illegal such as redistribution.
    I don't use download clients and never will again as I've had viruses on numerous computers. Just bought a laptop and am not about to have it happen again.
    05-29-09 12:18 PM
    Actually there was a court case on streaming videos and it is legal to download streaming videos from authorized sites (such as hulu) as long as it's for the intent of offline viewing and not anything illegal such as redistribution.
    I don't use download clients and never will again as I've had viruses on numerous computers. Just bought a laptop and am not about to have it happen again.
    Do you have any info on that court case? Just curious, I'd like to look into it. Regardless if it's 'legal' though, its definitely against Hulu's terms of service if you look at them:

You may only view the Content personally and for a non-commercial purpose. You must not remove, alter, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content. The copying, downloading, stream capturing, reproduction, duplication, archiving, distribution, uploading, publication, modification, translation, broadcast, performance, display, sale, or transmission of the Content is strictly prohibited unless it is expressly permitted by Hulu in writing. The Content covered by this restriction includes any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills.
    I would be interested in seeing how it's done though. It was decent.. although kinda jerky and out of proportion since the wide screen video was stretched to 320x240 rather than cropped or left as 16:9.
    05-29-09 12:43 PM
    What we need is flash video support and our problems would be solved!
    05-29-09 05:55 PM
    In that quote you just showed me does it say anywhere that it is punishable by law? No, because it's not. People can download streaming content for offline viewing. That's just their tos. Besides when you go to youtube and watch a video it automatically gets stored in your cache. Hulu is different because they use a different stream, rtmpe (i believe) which has better encryption thus it doesn't get saved in cache, it used to though before they switched the rtmpe.
    Meaning that when you watch a video you're doing something illegal because it's automatically getting saved in your cache whether you want it to or not. But, thankfully, it's not illegal. It's just there for 'offline viewing.'
    I ran across the case a year or so back and also recently when i was looking for a way to download hulu.
    Don't remember the site though that referenced it.
    Last edited by FTWrath; 05-30-09 at 01:17 AM.
    05-30-09 01:13 AM
    Thanks for the big long reply, but you pretty much just repeated what I said.

Anyway, I guess the 2 main things are... if you happen to remember anything about this court case you're talking about, let us know. I'd certainly like to find out more. As well, if you can fix your link or post the instructions on how to do this, it would be much appreciated. I'm curious to see how it works.

Thanks.
    05-30-09 06:37 AM
    Hi,
    You can download hulu videos with Hulu video Downloader..

Following is a step by step guide:
    http://blog.bitcomet.com/post/98165/
    Enjoy it~
    06-14-09 11:17 PM
    Hi, I also saw that a new version of tunebite was released and it can record movies and tv shows from hulu and other sites like it. Anyone already tried it? I have an older version but I'm really thinking to upgrade it to this new version but first I'd like to see if there is someone who tested it...
    10-29-09 05:56 AM
    thanks for hulu downloader link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 07:23 AM
    Hi, I also saw that a new version of tunebite was released and it can record movies and tv shows from hulu and other sites like it. Anyone already tried it? I have an older version but I'm really thinking to upgrade it to this new version but first I'd like to see if there is someone who tested it...
    Indeed, a new version of Tunebite came out and it can be now considered as a hulu downloader, because it now can capture video streaming. I've upgraded to this version and I can tell that it works pretty nice. Also, it still has the older features, converts files and also downloads youtube videos. But now it's much complex as now it downloads movies from streaming online movies sites. Very good idea.
    01-26-10 07:34 AM
    ur...Try the new freeware StreamTransport, The app is able to browse and download video clips from video hosting websites of HTTP, RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPE, RTMPTE protocol, and these cover overwhelming majority of websites such as Hulu, Veoh, Boxee, Joost, YouTube, Yahoo Video, CBS, etc.
    03-13-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD